Dwayne Lawson Update 12-8

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
Hearing that USF is close to securing an official visit with him. USF has kept a tab on Lawson the entire year and they feel like they have a serious shot with an official visit to flip him. They're heavily selling the fact that he could start from day one at USF, compared to Miami where he'd have to wait 2 years minimum. It's been mentioned before that Lawson is looking around, but the only school that really seems a threat to me is USF due to the hometown factor and depth chart. I wouldn't call him gone yet, but I wouldn't feel too comfortable calling him in this class.

Advertisement
Hearing that USF is close to securing an official visit with him. USF has kept a tab on Lawson the entire year and they feel like they have a serious shot with an official visit to flip him. They're heavily selling the fact that he could start from day one at USF, compared to Miami where he'd have to wait 2 years minimum. It's been mentioned before that Lawson is looking around, but the only school that really seems a threat to me is USF due to the hometown factor and depth chart. I wouldn't call him gone yet, but I wouldn't feel too comfortable calling him in this class.

Will Lawson be an EE?

I have had a bad feeling he would never suit up in Orange and Green since the day he committed(not the type of QBs we ever take).

Then after watching Brad Kaaya have such a great True Fr season(ACC Rookie of the year) and knowing he will be the starter for at least the next 2 years has guaranteed that Lawson would flip.

I thought it was going to be VT, but USF makes so much more sense.

Sucks, but like the poster above said, this was inevitable.

Advertisement

Well if he gets a RS his first year and Kaaya leaves after his Junior year to the NFL, he would only lose 1 year and could potentially start as a RS Soph.

Well if he gets a RS his first year and Kaaya leaves after his Junior year to the NFL, he would only lose 1 year and could potentially start as a RS Soph.

Hence, still waiting 2 years versus at South Florida where he can come in and probably start as a true freshman.

Love this kids ability. Best of luck to him whatever he chooses. With Taggert bringing in a new OC, you can bet there will be a full court press. Hope we can hold on.

plus he will have to compete with allison if allison sticks so its not easy at um.

Advertisement
After seeing Winston and Manzel do what they did as a Redshirt Fr(Heisman), and watching both Kaaya and Treon starting and having success as True Fr here in FL, a lot of these young QBs don't want to wait like back in the day.

Might have been better if he never got his 4th star, might not have mattered at all, but this kid is gone.

Hopefully kid sticks, he has a good chance to come in start early. I've been pro-Kaaya since his signing and he has shown good signs this year to be a great QB in the future. I also feel he has shown some rough times out there after being pressured late in the season and yes I know he's still young and will improve more and more. The one thing he lacks is mobility and that's what I think we need here with this type of horrible play-calling sometimes. We have to be able to have someone that can convert on 3rd downs, if its by ground or air. It keeps the defense guessing and keeps us winning. Not wishing any injury on Kaaya or anything but things happen out there in football that can have you out of the game. With that being said, I think this is a guy you don't want backing you up if you get injured because you may not get your job back from him. Would like to see him in a Canes uniform next year.

Hence, still waiting 2 years versus at South Florida where he can come in and probably start as a true freshman.

Cool...by that logic, he should probably just go to Appalachian St. since he'd probably start there as a true freshman as well.

Cool...by that logic, he should probably just go to Appalachian St. since he'd probably start there as a true freshman as well.

That's where I'm going.

Advertisement
If Kaaya gets hurt next year, this kid could potentially walk into a starting job... And stop with the Rosier chit. WE have NO depth at that position! WE need him........!

If Kaaya gets hurt next year, this kid could potentially walk into a starting job... And stop with the Rosier chit. WE have NO depth at that position! WE need him........!

yes we do people acting like it wouldn't be a big loss **** this kid could be potentially better than Kayaa

Advertisement
breaking-bad-gif-mike-ehrmantraut-5009115.gif

Advertisement
Back