DVD to Utah State

I don't think you need to waste an on field position on an assistant DB coach. He can be an assistant to TRob and still help recruit, while not taking one of those spots. No need to waste any more spots on guys learning on the job.
So what should we use that last spot on? Two defensive line coaches?

Advertisement
We can do a Special Teams Coach. We may need a LB coach depending on what happens with the DC. They def are giving TRob full control of the secondary though.

i think we get a new DC given that you would've seen the CO-DC title worked in there at the outset if t-rob. prolly move on from patke and upgrade telly there

Advertisement
So DVD to Utah State still hasn’t been officially announced. Here’s an out of the box idea. Put DVD as assistant DB coach so he can recruit as an on field coach and learn from T Rob. Thoughts? We will still have one on field role open after the DL hire.
said this 5 days ago. agreed entirely

I don't think you need to waste an on field position on an assistant DB coach. He can be an assistant to TRob and still help recruit, while not taking one of those spots. No need to waste any more spots on guys learning on the job.
We had 2 coaches for CB and safety always.... no?

Advertisement
Guys with proven experience like T-Rob, Justice and Likens should be the position coaches we hire going forward. It needs to be a very rare situation that we develop a raw GA or staff member into a position coach. With all due respect to DVD, he's not qualified, and wouldn't be even in 3 years learning under Robinson. Go prove yourself at Utah State, then at some lower level P5 like Ga Tech, then come home. Hope to see you in 5+ years.

Advertisement
@JayCane20 , @nycane and myself said it wasn’t official when they all said it was official. We also said manny was doing everything to keep him.
Bingo. He was always hesitant on going all the way to Utah.

If the same opportunity presented itself at UCF, USF, FAU, etc he would’ve taken it. Possibly even over whatever he’s gonna get at Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back