DVD question

TexasCane90

Senior
Premium
What benefit did we grab by promoting him to a coaching spot?? Yeah I get he gets to recruit off campus

is he plugged in with a certain staff or player ?? Like Central? MNW? STA? Shemar Stewart? Kamari Wilson?

Also who has he been integral part of a recruitment and going forward that you can justify having ANOTHER learning on the job CB coach

Advertisement
What benefit did we grab by promoting him to a coaching spot?? Yeah I get he gets to recruit off campus

is he plugged in with a certain staff or player ?? Like Central? MNW? STA? Shemar Stewart? Kamari Wilson?

Also who has he been integral part of a recruitment and going forward that you can justify having ANOTHER learning on the job CB coach
Stewart i believe

Advertisement
Problem with DVD is he’s cutting his teeth with us, his first on field job is with us and that shouldn’t happen unless we have 10 strong on field coaches (we don’t).

another issue is DVD is all Buddy Buddy with the players so it’s going to be hard to now turn into a coach and not a friend. It’s a very fine line.

Problem with DVD is he’s cutting his teeth with us, his first on field job is with us and that shouldn’t happen unless we have 10 strong on field coaches (we don’t).

another issue is DVD is all Buddy Buddy with the players so it’s going to be part to now turn into a coach and not a friend. It’s a very fine line.
Major issue about hiring him

Zero, none, nada...Miami has turned into the place where guys that have never coached before can now become a coach & get hired by the powerful Utah St.

Just ask Banda’s personal fluffer that goes by Cribby

I actually like the hire. TRob won’t be here long and DVD will be learning from him (recruiting and on field). This may be a bad example but I see this like Christian Robinson from UF following Grantham. Grantham coaches the lbs in practice while Robinson is the recruiter whose cutting his teeth and getting results.

Advertisement

My take- no insider claims-

DVD is a great relationship guy. He was killing it as a recruiter on the phone and and when players visited campus but getting him out in the community is a huge difference.

Plus supposedly Trob wanted to be safeties and Corners coach. By promoting DVD he is corners coach in name only. He is really just a hired gun recruiter who will be focused on recruiting and learn a little about coaching from Trob.

Advertisement
Lol so your fine with patke, baker and now DVD who wouldn’t have jobs at any other power 5 school being on staff??

Patke coached special teams and he coached our " Striker " position where did he go wrong? He got the recruit we all wanted for the position and the two strikers played well. Baker I honestly don't know why he's still onstaff unless its one of two things. He has a high amount to pay him if he's canned or it has to do with the person Manny wanted was eiether to high or is going to sign elsewhere. As far as DVD I honestly don't having an issue with have a young Miami local on the staff that kids can relate to and he's going to be working with a great teacher. We picked up a **** good football mind in Simpson.

This is the real world we are not going to get every position coach we wa.nt. This program is building in phases if you can't tell. 6-7 led to 8-3. Going forward I see nothing but more W's. Also keep in kind the amount of talent that stayed normally would have went to the draft so Manny is getting through to these young men and they want to be here obviously. Do with that whatever you want be it's all fact

Last edited:
My take- no insider claims-

DVD is a great relationship guy. He was killing it as a recruiter on the phone and and when players visited campus but getting him out in the community is a huge difference.

Plus supposedly Trob wanted to be safeties and Corners coach. By promoting DVD he is corners coach in name only. He is really just a hired gun recruiter who will be focused on recruiting and learn a little about coaching from Trob.

Bingo

Patke coached special teams and he coached our " Striker " position where did he go wrong? He got the recruit we all wanted for the position and the two strikers played well. Baker I honestly don't know why he's still onstaff unless its one of two things. He has a high amount to pay him if he's canned or it has to do with the person Manny wanted was eiether to high or is going to sign elsewhere. As far as DVD I honestly don't having an issue with have a young Miami local on the staff that kids can relate to and he's going to be working with a great teacher. We picked up a **** good football mind in Simpson.

This is the real world we are not going to get every position coach we wont. This program is building in phases if you can't tell. 6-7 led to 8-3. Going forward I see nothing but more W's. Also keep in kind the amount of talent that stayed normally would have went to the draft so Manny is getting through to these young men and they want to be here obviously. Do with that whatever you want be it's all fact
Patke didn’t have anything to do with Lou or Jose’s success. Zero they were very wel coached and prepared before they got here.

Under patke our punt return has yet to improve and is still a liability. NO ONE knows how to field a punt properly. I’m guessing because we haven’t brought in a transfer who hasn’t been coached up before patke got him. Toss in terrible punt coverage fielding and blocking.

Striker position has been “alright” but nothing amazing. So again why not bring someone else into this... like maybe Telly?

Advertisement
Haters? Or calling it as it is?

Props to DVD for snagging a Power 5 Job that will be on his resume but how does this help the school achieve our goals?
I hate learning on the job hires as a rule.

From what I have been able to put together on message boards and social media- DVD is an excellent relationship guy and recruiter.

The bigest problem we have had in the last 20 years is keeping the elite talent home.

IF IF IF IF IF IF Dvd is that guy adn can keep the guys like little Jr home- its worth "wasting" a coaching slot on a recruiter

Patke didn’t have anything to do with Lou or Jose’s success. Zero they were very wel coached and prepared before they got here.

Under patke our punt return has yet to improve and is still a liability. NO ONE knows how to field a punt properly. I’m guessing because we haven’t brought in a transfer who hasn’t been coached up before patke got him. Toss in terrible punt coverage fielding and blocking.

Striker position has been “alright” but nothing amazing. So again why not bring someone else into this... like maybe Telly?

Ok.

Borregales:
2020: 20/22 90% 40/40 XP
2019: 21/29 72% 37/39 XP
2018: 14/19 73% 54/55 XP
2017: 15/18 83% 40/40 XP

Seems he was regressing after his freshman year until he got to Miami

Striker has been alright yet Frierson was arguably our best player on defense last season

Advertisement
Back