Duke's weight

I can deal with him being 5'9 195-200. Anything more then that and I think he will lose some speed/agility. And I only let him return kicks in the "big games". Unless they see something in Danny Dillard or know that EC will be okay come fall becuz I cant see them handing him the ball 15-20 times a game, throwing to him 5-8 times, AND letting him return kickoffs. Sounds like too much for a sophomore. I liked Gus Edwards film so lets hope he can come in a help too. RB is one of the easier positions to transition to from HS to college. Along with WR.

He'll be more than 200 pounds by the time he leaves here. Doug Martin (although actually a hamster) and Ladanian Tomlinson are similar body types.

Advertisement
I can deal with him being 5'9 195-200. Anything more then that and I think he will lose some speed/agility. And I only let him return kicks in the "big games". Unless they see something in Danny Dillard or know that EC will be okay come fall becuz I cant see them handing him the ball 15-20 times a game, throwing to him 5-8 times, AND letting him return kickoffs. Sounds like too much for a sophomore. I liked Gus Edwards film so lets hope he can come in a help too. RB is one of the easier positions to transition to from HS to college. Along with WR.

He'll be more than 200 pounds by the time he leaves here. Doug Martin (although actually a hamster) and Ladanian Tomlinson are similar body types.

I agree with LuCane - Duke should max out his built at 215 before he leaves here similar to LT

215! Not trying to call out your post but dang! Hey, go for it! If he could be LTs weight and not lose speed you won't hear me complain. I just didn't know he had the frame to put on that kind of weight.

Advertisement
The Muscle Hampster was 225, doubt Duke gets that big

Maybe if Denzel shows him a few things.

I don't see Duke giving up the KR duties. I think he can handle it and why would you take a guy off KR when he's guaranteed to house a few throughout the season? I would also argue that not only does it get Duke himself hyped for the rest of the game but also the rest of the team.

There's also the aspect of immediately answering the score that the other team just got. Besides the kick offs to open the 1st or 2nd half, a kickoff usually means we just got scored on. Is there anything more demoralizing than completing a long drive for a score and the other team has a guy that wipes that out with one electric play?

The Muscle Hampster was 225, doubt Duke gets that big

Maybe if Denzel shows him a few things.

I don't see Duke giving up the KR duties. I think he can handle it and why would you take a guy off KR when he's guaranteed to house a few throughout the season? I would also argue that not only does it get Duke himself hyped for the rest of the game but also the rest of the team.

There's also the aspect of immediately answering the score that the other team just got. Besides the kick offs to open the 1st or 2nd half, a kickoff usually means we just got scored on. Is there anything more demoralizing than completing a long drive for a score and the other team has a guy that wipes that out with one electric play?

You mean gives him a few things? lol

One last thought, on return teams most teams have thier 2nd tier players on the filed, Dukes 1st tier

Advertisement
No way do I want him returning kicks. Too valuable to the team to increase the probability of injury. Lots of other player that can fill the special teams role, and not miss a beat. I can find at least five player to kick return, but I can find another Duke on this team!

boy is looking big. is he rooming with Denzel by any chance?

ps, i love it.

pss, maybe a little too much.

Duke is an elite kick returner ...

Unless the other guys taking his place are also elite, I don't know why you would take him off the unit.

I'd have him there to start the game and in tight situations. I subscribe to the theory, "more touches in space is good for Duke", so KR is ideal. They can sub him out, on occasion, but he was an All-American caliber returner. That's a big friggin deal!

Would be great if other guys could replace him ... But if not, why hurt the return team? How many return guys get hurt during the season, anyway? Even when Cooper got hurt on his return, it was bad field conditions, not a tackle.

They can use him like USC used Bush. Like you said at the beginning of the games, and at important times. Not at all against teams like Savannah State, or in blow outs.

Advertisement
We're not talking about a player who's just ALRIGHT on kick returns, we're talking about a regular threat, a game changer. I think you continue to use a kid like that.

Advertisement
Duke will return kicks.

You don't take a kid like Reggie Bush off of kicks in college ball. You just don't.

He probably gets you an extra 50-100 yards per game over what you would get from another returner. You can't pass that up

Wow, 25 lbs of weight gain, that's a lot of weight to gain in such a short period of time.

So, there is no way he won't lose a step.

I'd much prefer him gaining the weight in a GRINDING 8-month period than packing it all on... in a mere 2 months.

Let me see, in Dec he was 170 lbs, and NOW he is 195 lbs!

As a matter of fact, looking at that picture, I do not see the veins popping out of his legs nor his arms as depicted in earlier pre 25 lbs gain pics. Still...

Duke's THE man!

KR duties is safer than getting pounded for RB duties, one carry at at time.

With KRs, you see the field, and you can call the shots how and where you get hit. In space, you plenty of wriggle room to choose the angle where you get hit, going out of bounds, just plain dive to a spot, or just taking it to the house.

Peterson-Johnson returned kicks @ LSU and that only made him better. As long as he is not returning punts, I am happy with Duke returning Kickoffs all game long.

Complaining about Duke returning kickoffs??!! ...then you'd have at least two LESS wins in 2012 season.

Advertisement
Back