Duke's weight

PUNCICANE

All-ACC
Premium
He played at 175-180 last year and It's been reported that he's up to 195lbs and you can see it in this pic from yesterday. Taking into consideration weight training over the summer and attrition from practice and heat, he should be 200lbs by FAU. With his bigger role in the offense next year, that's huge!

I also still see him listed as our starting KR, should we anticipate that changing by the start of next season?

74.jpg

Advertisement
Love Duke the kid is a true game changer, but not a fan of your star running back doing kick returns.

He played at 175-180 last year and It's been reported that he's up to 195lbs and you can see it in this pic from yesterday. Taking into consideration weight training over the summer and attrition from practice and heat, he should be 200lbs by FAU. With his bigger role in the offense next year, that's huge!

I also still see him listed as our starting KR, should we anticipate that changing by the start of next season?

74.jpg

IMO - He will return kicks here and there in key situations of games. Other then that, I feel as though there are plenty of other potential options to return kicks. I feel as though Golden touched upon this topic at some point, but I can't remember his exact words.

Yeah, I'm guessing once Coley, Carter and especially Burns get on campus that will change.

He's possibly the best return man there is for 2013. I don't think you can take him away from there completely. They will still spot him, IMHO and use him in big games once the young ones get comfortable.

Advertisement
His mom says he loves returning kicks and that it gets him hyped up for the other aspects of the game. I tend to agree with those sentiments lol. Kid is electric in the return game.

Advertisement
I like Duke putting on the extra weight, should make him even more lethal between the tackles.

Advertisement
He certainly looks the part. Good thing, he's going to have to carry the rock ALOT this season, only proven runner on the roster

Last edited:
Advertisement
He is a dynamic player who needs the ball in his hands. While recognizing the potential for injury, the return game is perfect for him. Get him in open space and let him make plays.

Kid has a knack for the big play, you have got to get the ball in his hands as many different ways as possible.

I can deal with him being 5'9 195-200. Anything more then that and I think he will lose some speed/agility. And I only let him return kicks in the "big games". Unless they see something in Danny Dillard or know that EC will be okay come fall becuz I cant see them handing him the ball 15-20 times a game, throwing to him 5-8 times, AND letting him return kickoffs. Sounds like too much for a sophomore. I liked Gus Edwards film so lets hope he can come in a help too. RB is one of the easier positions to transition to from HS to college. Along with WR.

Duke's goal weight that the staff is trying to develop him at is around 205.... but I think that will happen probably next year

Advertisement
Back