Duke

BigCaneAl

Senior
Premium
Ok, so who's worried? How good is there d-line?

Seems if we can't run we're in trouble...

Advertisement
Duke has a real good WR.

What year did you graduate from Gulliver and/or how long have you lived in the Key (Biscayne)?

I kid.

Vernon, who is probably their most polished WR, is the type of WR who may give us some problems. He has great quicks, runs precise routes and, more than anything, I worry about those WRs against our often broken zone. Our guys are simply not comfortable in zone sometimes, and those are the types of issues the Duke offense and instinctive WRs prey on.

I'll be there in my white Jessie Armstead Jersey.

Good test for Golden Al and company. Vernon and Varner are quality, quick receivers. Both guys are from Miami and play us with a chip on their shoulders. They're better players than the guys covering them.

Would like to see a breakout game from the pass rush. Duke has been up and down with pass pro, but FSU really made them look bad. They're undersized, so guys like Chickillo, Vernon and Ojomo should excel.

Advertisement
I think we win by 14-24 points, but we will pull away in the second half. IMO. The first half is going to be very competitive. But, with a couple extra days for the players to rest up and for the coaches to prepare, I would hope we could come out firing on all cylinders.

Attachments

• TheWork.jpg
    TheWork.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 13,261
I have to think that Duke (and every other team left on our schedule, for that matter) is salivating as they watch film of our "defense".

I can't imagine anyone, other that GT I guess, having trouble moving the ball on us.

I just don't have faith that we can stop anyone. And from what I can tell, Duke is not bad on O. I'm afraid they will pass alllll over us.

O will definitely have to show up.

Advertisement
I'd love to just see them kick Dukes *** for four whole quarters. This team has yet to dominate an entire game and it's something they need to do.

Advertisement
I do hope we show up. It ain't the size of a dog in a fight - but the size of the fight in the dog.

And we have been alternating between being pot-licking dogs and porch dogs so far.

I want to see some bitin' and fightin'.

Four quarters worth.

I think it will be a good game, it will be like a shoot out if anything with us hopefully pulling away in the second half. Don't see much running in this game just 2 passing qbs all day long.

Advertisement
Far from an expert at scouting, but after watching the Duke vs. Wake game, I thought Duke's passing attack would probably be able to move the ball on us. Their QB was accurate and seemed to really see the field well. Nothing really new to add to what Lu already said in regard to the offense. As for their defense, I thought they were smallish cross their DL and nobody behind them really jumped out at me. I would think we should be able to impose our will if we played physical, run right at them football, but that remains to be seen. Looking at their roster, they are a very young team that played Va Tech and Wake very tough. They were a couple bad plays from winning those games.

Duke is similar to us in the way that we both could have much better records. They lost a pitiful game to Richmond, and had their chances to take out Wake and Va Tech. We have blown chances in 3 of the 4 losses. (I don't really count the UVA, we got beat up in that game, but we did at least fight back.)

Advertisement
Back