Duke Stadium Inquiry

the storm

Banned Under CIS Martial Law until 11/5/20
We're thinking of going to game and have never been in that stadium. To those attending the game which is the visitor/Canes side and can you get chair backs? Looking at StubHub re tickets. Also info on where to stay not too far from stadium. Thanks much.

Advertisement
We're thinking of going to game and have never been in that stadium. To those attending the game which is the visitor/Canes side and can you get chair backs? Looking at StubHub re tickets. Also info on where to stay not too far from stadium. Thanks much.

Long walk to the stadium, that's all I know...

Visitor section is usually sections 1 and 2. No chair backs that I can recall. Like TOC said its a long walk. They do offer shuttle bus ride depending on what lot you end up in. Not sure about hotels in the general area. Check hotels.com and use Wallace Wade Stadium as the search location.

Advertisement
Advertisement
go to the Charlotte canes group on Facebook. they always buy a bunch of tickets and sell them. section 1 and 2 are the visiting sections where those tickets are allotted to the school. we usually have quite a few canes from sections 1-7. cheerleaders are always right in front of sections 1 and 2. seats have chair backs but are tight.

My tickets thru Miami are in section 1. Does anybody know if there is an official tailgate?

Advertisement
Just took my dad (Notre Dame fan) to see them play Duke on Saturday. Yes they have seat backs for sections 3-10 & 23-30 on the two sides, behind the goal line no seat backs. LONG WALK to stadium for GA parking deck. If it’s a night game they have pretty cool stadium lights. Solid experience

Put your New Balances on. Intimidating looooong walk.

1573478275091.png

When I went up two years ago I stayed at the Washington which is on campus and easy walk to the stadium. Other than that, I saw people tailgating in these little parking areas miles away from the stadium as I was going out to lunch before the game. If there’s chair backs I didn’t see any. All the tickets that were given to Our ticket offIce were bench seats

Advertisement
They renovated their stadium a couple years ago. All seats between the end zones have seat backs.

East side is Visitors.

The Duke Washington hotel is the only one on campus near the stadium. It's fairly pricey and prob sold out by now.

There are a number of other hotels in downtown Durham. I'd stay there and catch an Uber to the stadium (it's about 3 or 4 miles). Some good bars and good food in downtown Durham.

Last edited:
Going for the first time this year, our tickets through UM are in section 2. I did find it interesting that parking is included with tickets.

THE CHEMISTRY PARING LOT CORNER OF CIRCUIT DR AND TOWERVIEW RD.YOU CAN BUY TICKETS THRU DUKE ATHLETIC DEPT

Advertisement
Back