"Duke Johnson's 'snail-crawl' 4.5 forty time" -- Omar Kelly

Advertisement
Not to bring up a gator but didn't Haden run a 4.5? He seems to be doing decent in the NFL. The 40 is overrated in that people put to much stock into it. When has a rb ever got the ball and ran straight? I'll say quickness/agility is more important than speed and above all its vision. The best example is Jeff Demps. The guy is probably the fastest player in the NFL but can't stay on a team or get PT.

Advertisement
Duke will be a successful player on the next level provided he can stay healthy and lands with the right franchise. That will allow him to be Duke Johnson. Other than needing to learn pass protection better. The guy is a special talent running or catching the ball. He can be a every down back. Regardless what his critics think on this forum.

Emmitt Smith ran a 4.65.... how did his career turn out... not to mention he slways had a fantastic OL

Advertisement
What gets me is that Kelly "defends" his antics by saying he loves the U and its history.

Then immediately goes behind everyone's back and blasts everyone and every thing in Coral Gables.

Sounds like a lot of fans, though.

Great article on Emmitt Smith and the scout that sold Dallas on him. BTW, he never ran a 4.5 forty or even close for that matter. His best time 4.7. Barry Sanders did a 4.43 and 4.39 on his pro day. Bottom line, great vision makes a great RB, along with a great OL in front of him, not a 40 time.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/10859/the-scout-who-fought-for-emmitt

Someone remind me what Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, or heck, even Jerry Rice ran.... Duke doesn't need to run a 4.3 40 to be special.

Omar kelly is an uncle tom. His childhood was devoid of friends or any type of enjoyment, as he was constantly picked on for lacking athletic ability. In addition, he was avoided by girls as if he was a leper. Was probably molested. He is nothing more than a sad human being with an inferiority complex that can only draw attention to himself or his 'work' by being a contrarian and/or stirring the pot. He is a lesser talented skip bayless. I cant even believe thats possible, but omar kelly has proven that yes, it is.

Spot ON

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back