"Duke Johnson's 'snail-crawl' 4.5 forty time" -- Omar Kelly

ABear

Sophomore
Banned
image.jpg

Who is more of a ***** ... Reynolds or Kelly?

Advertisement
Someone remind me what Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, or heck, even Jerry Rice ran.... Duke doesn't need to run a 4.3 40 to be special.

Someone remind me what Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, or heck, even Jerry Rice ran.... Duke doesn't need to run a 4.3 40 to be special.

Yep.

A) 4.5 is fast

B) it's more about vision & elusiveness at the NFL level

Exactly. I'd be concerned if he ran a 5.2, but 4.5 is not crawling. Also, he has that quick burst that gets him to the second level. That's far more important than top end speed. And yes, he's elusive. He also has the sickest stiff arm I've seen from a UM back in a very long time. Someone is going to get a very good player.

Yep.

A) 4.5 is fast

B) it's more about vision & elusiveness at the NFL level

Advertisement

Barry Sanders was quite a bit faster tha Duke. He could accelerate much quicker and change directionally far superior. I think Sanders was a 4.3 guy. Bad example.

Barry Sanders was quite a bit faster tha Duke. He could accelerate much quicker and change directionally far superior. I think Sanders was a 4.3 guy. Bad example.

Yea Sanders was definitely faster. I was disappointed that Duke unofficially ran a 4.6. Isn't that hand timed or whatever? I was hoping he ran a 4.4 which he used to run. Hopefully he tears it up at the pro day. I think he needs a fast time. There were backs bigger than him that were just as or more productive that tested better physically. He's still a top 5 back but I think he needs to run a sub 4.5. As for Emitt and Sanders those were two of the top backs of all time. It's bad to compare anyone to them.

Advertisement
Duke Johnson if he can stay healthy will keep the the great tradition of UM backs in the NFL. ***** the 40 time .

Advertisement
Duke ran a electric 4.48 in high school... 3 years of college ball,30 lbs and a recovering ankle injury later is running a sub 4.5! Ill take that all day with his quickness and acceleration combined with elite vision...

Advertisement

Yea Sanders was definitely faster. I was disappointed that Duke unofficially ran a 4.6. Isn't that hand timed or whatever? I was hoping he ran a 4.4 which he used to run. Hopefully he tears it up at the pro day. I think he needs a fast time. There were backs bigger than him that were just as or more productive that tested better physically. He's still a top 5 back but I think he needs to run a sub 4.5. As for Emitt and Sanders those were two of the top backs of all time. It's bad to compare anyone to them.

Sanders measured up at 5-foot-7 5/8, 203 pounds and ran the 40-yard dash in 4.37 - See more at: http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/release.aspx?release_id=1206#sthash.42hOqFXG.dpuf

Sanders measured up at 5-foot-7 5/8, 203 pounds and ran the 40-yard dash in 4.37 - See more at: http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/release.aspx?release_id=1206#sthash.42hOqFXG.dpuf

Oh that's awesome...

Okay, so Duke isn't perhaps the most talented back in the history of the NFL.

Really . . . .

Omar kelly is an uncle tom. His childhood was devoid of friends or any type of enjoyment, as he was constantly picked on for lacking athletic ability. In addition, he was avoided by girls as if he was a leper. Was probably molested. He is nothing more than a sad human being with an inferiority complex that can only draw attention to himself or his 'work' by being a contrarian and/or stirring the pot. He is a lesser talented skip bayless. I cant even believe thats possible, but omar kelly has proven that yes, it is.

Advertisement
Back