Duke Johnson's draft stock

When is the last time a UGA rb lived up to his hype coming out of school? When is the last time a Wisc rb lived up to his hype coming out of school? 'Nuff said.

Advertisement
Why are we basing a players talent off of the school? You can tell a system player from a talented player the majority of times. Gurley is special. Saying he will be a bust because of the school is insane. And to be fair UGA usually produces good backs. They just can't stay healthy. And I haven't seen a back from Wisky as talented as Gordon. Dayne was a beast according to his stats but I can't remember his college days.

A lot of RBs that come from wisky and georgia are usually all beat up because they get run to the ground with the style of offense they play, honestly now a days RBs shouldnt be drafted in the 1st anymore too many injury concerns

Now a days RBs like duke thrive in the nfl more than the bruising in your face RBs, i see NE picking up duke which scares me as a dolphins fan because bill will turn him into a all pro like he did with vereen

Advertisement
Except for the fact that Gurley is nothing like Trent Richardson.

Calling it now.

Regardless of where drafted--

Gurley- will be another Trent Richardson. Have some flare his first year and then it's a rap. RBs in the past that come from UGA suck.

Gordon- BUST.. When has a WISC RB ever done anything in the NFL? Ron Dayne had video game numbers. Ball did as well.

DUKE- his game translates the best. Can block, run, catch. You don't become UMs all time RB in less then 2.5 seasons for no reason. Last but not least-- he's a MIAMI guy. If he stays healthy, he'll flourish.

Andulah- trash

Coleman- trash

Ajayji- Boise trash

Calling it now.

Gurley- will be another Trent Richardson. Have some flare his first year and then it's a rap. RBs in the past that come from UGA suck.

Gordon- BUST.. When has a WISC RB ever done anything in the NFL? Ron Dayne had video game numbers. Ball did as well.

DUKE- his game translates the best. Can block, run, catch. You don't become UMs all time RB in less then 2.5 seasons for no reason. Last but not least-- he's a MIAMI guy. If he stays healthy, he'll flourish.

Andulah- trash

Coleman- trash

Ajayji- Boise trash

Well geez, it's a good job you're not an NFL coach looking for a RB.

I'd also say it's completely too early to write off Montee Ball. Players get injured and Duke had a number while he was here.

Calling it now.

Andulah- trash

Coleman- trash

Ajayji- Boise trash

I'd also say it's completely too early to write off Montee Ball. Players get injured and Duke had a number while he was here.

If anyone had a brain they would be going after Cal Berkely running backs, they had two in the top 5 in the NFL in rushing last year, and both teams in the super bowl had one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Calling it now.

Andulah- trash

Coleman- trash

Ajayji- Boise trash
Abdullah , Gordon , and Duke are legit talent.

Advertisement

Calling it now.

Andulah- trash

Coleman- trash

Ajayji- Boise trash

Alright we'll see.

Calling it now.

Andulah- trash

Coleman- trash

Ajayji- Boise trash

If anyone had a brain they would be going after Cal Berkely running backs, they had two in the top 5 in the NFL in rushing last year, and both teams in the super bowl had one.

Jahvid Best said hello.

Calling it now.

Andulah- trash

Coleman- trash

Ajayji- Boise trash

Jahvid Best said hello.
Yep, more proof that UC Berkely is the new Running Back U. Insane track record.

Advertisement

Jahvid Best said hello.

He's not in the NFL lol I'm pretty sure his injury track record is horrible. He was the last back they've put out I believe. We having been RB U because we've recruited 0 real talent at that position until Duke

Jahvid Best said hello.

He's not in the NFL lol I'm pretty sure his injury track record is horrible. He was the last back they've put out I believe. We having been RB U because we've recruited 0 real talent at that position until Duke

This isn't true. Golden inherited 4 NFL running backs(including Duke who committed to RS). We were still running back U. Miller just posted a1k season and was among the league leaders in ypc. Storm is the NFL and Mike James was performing well until he was injured. We have had a lot of talent at running back. Superstars? No but for even with Portis, Edge, McGahee, and Gore; we had role players make the league such as Davenport, Payton and Hill.

Advertisement
Back