Duke Johnson to the Bills!

He's a better receiver than Singletary or Moss, so he has a good chance for that 3rd down role.

At this point in Duke's career - getting a path to a solid contributing role on a SB caliber team with a Pro-Bowl QB, 2 other South FL county RB's, and Ken Dorsey is the OC?

That adds up to a pretty **** good landing spot IMO.

Last edited:
Advertisement
1647892316045.png

Advertisement
I stopped rooting and watching the fins for over 6-7 years now. They have been terrible for my entire adult life. Missed on draft after draft, and traded away pro bowler after pro bowler. Not to mention missing on every single cane worth a ****. They need to sell the team and get the FU$@ out..

Purely as a Bills fan, it's a great pick up/fit. Very good in the receiving game and he has better power than Moss it seems. Once McKissic backed out I was like k...so we could add Leonard Fatnette, but he's been ehn his whole career...at least Duke has performed when given said chance plus culture wise and attitude wise he's one of those I'm going to do what it takes to win types and we need those

the minute they signed Mostert i knew it was a wrap. If the Gaskin dude still remains ont he team im going to throw a fit because he isnt the talent of Duke.

Could be worse than Myles Gaskin. I mean....it could still be Mark Walton :LOL:

Advertisement
LOL. It is remarkable that the Dolphins let him go when he was more productive than any RB we've had in a while. I can't fathom how the Fins organization has just repeatedly disregarded its local college team time and time again.
Story of our lives with the Fins, and it goes beyond the U. The Tri-County area produces more NFL talent than any 100 mile radius in America. I'm not even gonna pile on with SW Florida and the Treasure Coast. What has the pro team that represents SoFla and the other mentioned regions to an extent done over decades?!?! Rarely acquire players from the area. That's like a houseboat-dwelling pescatarian who goes fishing on dry land.

A mutha****a could win Miami Dolphins Optimist/HS player of the week from 6U until he goes to college. Said mutha****a could be sitting right there in the draft at a position of need, and they'll pick the dude from Colorado. Case in point, you don't draft Ronnie Brown at #2 when you know Frank and know he'll be available at a discount. You trade down, accumulate picks, make great evals, and draft em(Frank included). But hey, we're talkin' bout the Dolphins here...

They got a new coach and he bought some niners back with him. If you want to win got to allow the guy to bring his guys who he feels like he can win with I guess..

Too bad he brought along an over 30 back who's injured every stinking year. And not only that, we overpay for another RB who is pretty much Duke Johnson without the nice hometown story behind it. It's ridiculous. LOLfins been testing my fanhood since Jags blew us out in the playoffs. Marino spoiled me.

Advertisement
Bills offense is exciting,they don’t shy away from being a full spread offense. Added duke as a receiving back and oj howard, they gonna live in 11 and 10 personnel.

Oh, I get that. In a vaccuum, it's an understandable move. New coach. And they signed 2 RBs so Duke's fate was all but sealed. But it's just hilarious as a long time Fins/Canes fan, how consistently the Fins organization has seemingly downplayed or disregarded players in their own backyard (be it draft, free agency, etc.) despite the fact that scouting UM players should have been remarkably simple.

Dolphins have actually had a TON of Miami & FL RB's on their roster at some point. I know it doesn't feel like it because not many stick around for long.

Since 2015:

Miami RB's:
Lamar Miller
Frank Gore
Duke Johnson
Mark Walton
Storm Johnson

Oher FL RB's:
Raheem Mostert (2nd time on the Dolphins - he was cut in 2015)
Matt Breida
Buddy Howell
Jordan Scarlett
Dexter Williams
Brandon Radcliffe

My most favorite (recent) player putting his heart and soul into every run for my favorite pro team last year made me so happy. I’m happy for him that he’s getting a chance in Buffalo but I kinda ****ed he didn’t get a chance to compete to be that guy for the phins this year. He was better than Lindsey, gaskin and Ahmed hands down. Wish we got to see him compete with the 2 FAs this year. I’m probably biased by a lot but I think he wins that battle.

Advertisement
Perfect fit, I still remember duke grading out top 5 in receiving metrics for RBs while simultaneously being underused in Cleveland. Fingers crossed I can meet him at any of these singing events throughout the summer!

Dolphins are going so nowhere this year. The AFC is just stupid.

Tell me, who is the 10th best team in the AFC? The Ravens witb an MVP at QB? Maybe the Titans, who were the #1 seed last year? Just ridiculous.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back