Duke Johnson Could Not Get Into UVA Game?

Well, maybe the staff at the stadium is the problem. When, in one season, you have a Dolphins players wife getting arrested (for walking through an open area) and duke Johnson being told silly rules that probably shouldn't be applied to a Cane great = you have a ******* problem.

I don't care if she or he were in the wrong in either situation (which I think is debatable in both cases) - I'm sick to death of people with authority issues wearing badges and being in charge. Give people an ounce of authority or responsibility and sit back and watch them fvck it up. It's so Miami it's past being amusing......

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well, maybe the staff at the stadium is the problem. When, in one season, you have a Dolphins players wife getting arrested (for walking through an open area) and duke Johnson being told silly rules that probably shouldn't be applied to a Cane great = you have a ******* problem.

I don't care if she or he were in the wrong in either situation (which I think is debatable in both cases) - I'm sick to death of people with authority issues wearing badges and being in charge. Give people an ounce of authority or responsibility and sit back and watch them fvck it up. It's so Miami it's past being amusing......

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

41l-SWkjXEL.jpg

Watched Dwight Clark get stopped and asked for his credentials on the Niner game today.

I didn't check his Twitter TL yet to see if he mentioned it.

Advertisement
This is what happens when you lease a stadium. This would never happen at Mark Light or the BUC.

FYI, cousin is a former player. There is a system in place, all former guys get 2 tickets per game for free in the football alumni suite. They sign up online the week of the game.

Love Duke, but all he had to do was call anybody in UM's alumni office and they would've taken care of him. Like any stadium, a 3rd party company runs security, and those people don't work for UM/don't have authority to make decisions.

FYI, cousin is a former player. There is a system in place, all former guys get 2 tickets per game for free in the football alumni suite. They sign up online the week of the game.

Love Duke, but all he had to do was call anybody in UM's alumni office and they would've taken care of him. Like any stadium, a 3rd party company runs security, and those people don't work for UM/don't have authority to make decisions.

Thanks for clarifying that, Blake.

I get so tired of hearing about this stuff....and not because a former "great" was stopped or denied, but because people make such a big freaking deal about it. Many security don't know who these guys are. Even if they do, being a former player shouldn't mean the rules don't apply. Why is this so **** hard to comprehend and accept? Duke seems cool and not the type of kid to get into trouble but not all former players are "righteous" dudes. Would it have been ok to allow Plaxico in? Could you imagine the publicity had that happened at a Miami venue? We complain that everywhere else in the world about people feeling entitled and not following rules, what's different here? There's more important things to ***** about than stuff like this. People need to get better hobbies and stay off social media. There's things called text messaged and phone calls that work MUCH better for communicating with specific individuals.

Advertisement
I get so tired of hearing about this stuff....and not because a former "great" was stopped or denied, but because people make such a big freaking deal about it. Many security don't know who these guys are. Even if they do, being a former player shouldn't mean the rules don't apply. Why is this so **** hard to comprehend and accept? Duke seems cool and not the type of kid to get into trouble but not all former players are "righteous" dudes. Would it have been ok to allow Plaxico in? Could you imagine the publicity had that happened at a Miami venue? We complain that everywhere else in the world about people feeling entitled and not following rules, what's different here? There's more important things to ***** about than stuff like this. People need to get better hobbies and stay off social media. There's things called text messaged and phone calls that work MUCH better for communicating with specific individuals.

Did you read where he asked the girl to ask a coach who he was and she said he would have to leave right then or be arrested for trespassing?

Did you read where he asked the girl to ask a coach who he was and she said he would have to leave right then or be arrested for trespassing?

Yeah and i get that, but it's also not the girls responsibility to leave her post to go ask coaches things. First, coaches don't want to be bothered by security, especially someone as her level. Second, if her bosses tell them to not do something or they risk punishment, they aren't going to do it. As someone else mentioned, security at these venues are usually 3rd party companies and have no ties to schools or players....and quite frankly, that's typically how security is. And who knows, maybe she just hates the whole "do you know who i am?" thing, like i mentioned before. Not everyone is enamoured with athletes the way most on here are.

If there is protocol that makes things easy, just follow it. Why make such a big deal about it? Duke himself said it was no big deal. It's everyone else who is making it more than it needs to be.

And some of y'all think that w the "improvements" to SLS, it's going to feel a little like home. Get us a new stadium, please, so we don't have to deal w Ross' employees manning the front gate!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back