Duke Draft Stock Rising?

Advertisement
Bucky brooks with nfl network said teams are touting him as a playmaker.

Teams are raving about his footwork, quickness, creativity, and with his IQ.

They view him as a football savant. Said he killed it in meetings and has advanced understanding of football concepts.

Everyone has him as the 4th or 5th rb now but maybe he ends up 3rd.

Good for him. An NFL scout should be fired if Abdullah or any other back not named Gurley/Gordon is chosen ahead of Duke.

I think Gordon is going to be a bust. He only looked good because of Wisconsin's system....another Ron Dayne type. Same with Abdullah. He'll be serviceable, but not anything spectacular. Gurley, I'm not sure of because of him coming back from a knee injury. I have a wait and see mindset with him, though I think he can be really good.

Advertisement
Stick him in Indy with with him and Gore. Best situation for Duke as he will be with Luck for many years to come.

Duke will be a great fit anywhere Al Golden is NOT coaching. Kid run, blocks and catches plus can play return man. May not be smash mouth type but neither was OJ Anderson early in career. Kid came back from broker ankle and broke Miami records with a crappy coaching staff -- silly to ignore that.

hi-res-5df26d1cfda3fefad18e78872d308127_crop_north.jpg
Bucky brooks with nfl network
Sunday, March 22 - In a 2015 NFL draft class that is stacked with top talent at running back, former Miami (Florida) star Duke Johnson is emerging as a popular prospect in the eyes of talent evaluators.

'A Ton of Teams' Expected at Johnson's Pro Day Johnson's pro day is scheduled for April 1. "Expect there to be a ton of teams on hand. Met with 22 of them at the Combine."

It is easy to overlook Johnson with Melvin Gordon and Todd Gurley stealing the headlines in terms of running back prospects, but the diminutive, speedy rusher is turning heads.

According to NFL.com's Bucky Brooks on March 18, scouts love the explosive skill set the former Hurricanes standout brings to the table: In addition to that, Johnson is viewed as something of a football savant due to his knowledge of the game.

While there hasn't been much focus on running backs in recent years, that could be changing based on the fact that teams threw some big money at backs in free agency. Johnson won't cost that much as a potential second-round pick, but he could possibly provide as much value as some of the NFL's already-established running backs.

Based on what scouts have seen out of him thus far, Johnson may very well be destined for superstardom.

A stretch article made out of a couple of Bucky's tweets. No scouts nor GM quotes.

Still... Go Duke - April 1st; no Fool Day

At the Miami Pro Day I'd expect him to improve on his 4.54 40 at the combine, which was surprising.

He'll probably be solid in the first 50 picks after April 1, but Tevin Coleman's pro day (April 15) will have a lot of weight on how is the 3rd RB overall

Advertisement

They view him as a football savant. Said he killed it in meetings and has advanced understanding of football concepts.

Good for him. An NFL scout should be fired if Abdullah or any other back not named Gurley/Gordon is chosen ahead of Duke.

I think Gordon is going to be a bust. He only looked good because of Wisconsin's system....another Ron Dayne type. Same with Abdullah. He'll be serviceable, but not anything spectacular. Gurley, I'm not sure of because of him coming back from a knee injury. I have a wait and see mindset with him, though I think he can be really good.

I've said this before and I'll say it again...UGA and Wisconsin backs do not translate to the NFL, period.
UGA: Herschel Walker (bust), Tim Worley (bust), Rodney Hampton (bust), Garrison Hearst (bust), Robert Edwards (bust), Musa Smith (bust), Knowshon Moreno (bust)....they all played for many years, but never lived up to the hype they had in college.

WISC: Anthony Davis (bust), Michael Bennett (bust), Ron Dayne (bust), Carl McCollough (bust), Terrell Fletcher (bust), Brent Moss (bust), Brian Calhoun (bust), P.J Hill (bust), John Clay (bust), Montee Ball (bust), James White (bust).

UM's backs who came in w/ hype, lived up to their billing, for the most part.

least favorite cane of all time for all the negative recruiting and *****ing he did. **** this little green eyed ***

Advertisement

I've said this before and I'll say it again...UGA and Wisconsin backs do not translate to the NFL, period.
UGA: Herschel Walker (bust), Tim Worley (bust), Rodney Hampton (bust), Garrison Hearst (bust), Robert Edwards (bust), Musa Smith (bust), Knowshon Moreno (bust)....they all played for many years, but never lived up to the hype they had in college.

WISC: Anthony Davis (bust), Michael Bennett (bust), Ron Dayne (bust), Carl McCollough (bust), Terrell Fletcher (bust), Brent Moss (bust), Brian Calhoun (bust), P.J Hill (bust), John Clay (bust), Montee Ball (bust), James White (bust).

Stopped reading after "UGA: Herschel Walker (bust)"

Lmfao negged

The only UGA back that I remember actually doing something in the NFL was Terrell Davis. Dude was a beast

Advertisement

Was bored and decided to keep reading.

How is a 4th rounder or how the **** is a undrafted F.A. a bust lmfao. This guy is the Al Golden of this board.

Neg
Neg
Neg

Robert Edwards was a bust? You've got to be trolling with that claim. He had a great rookie season with the Pats and then blew out his knee in a game of flag football during Pro Bowl week.

Our fans love to exaggerate. UGA produces good backs. Terrel Davis, Hershel Walker, Robert Edwards, Garrison Hearst, and Rodney Hampton were all good backs. What prevented all of them from being great (exception for Hershel good pro back) was injuries. They all had great seasons/careers cut short due to injuries. Hearst gave up ball for 3 years then returned to run over 1200 yards. Edwards had an incredible rookie year running for over 1100 then disappeared and returned 4 years later to be she'll oh himself. I know our team has underachieved but we don't have to spew nonsense to prop them up. Too be fair many people probably said the same about our program until the mid90's until recently when we kept churning out HOF's. After Anderson our next great back came 20 years later in Edge.

Yes I forgot that is how Edwards got hurt. Sometimes I don't think our fans even watch football. And lately I wonder if they even watch our games.

Advertisement
Back