Duke and Manny

Advertisement
1703305804126.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Smart move for Murphy. Can start right away, zero pressure to perform immediately, plenty of time to develop and if he doesn’t figure it out he lands with a great degree

*whispers* I don’t know about the playoffs but I actually agree if manny got Mario’s investment we’d be a 9 to 10 win team already
Ehhhhh.....I agree that Manny got nowhere near the financial support that Mario is getting but he was a below average recruiter and the overall talent level of our roster sank quite a bit during his three years as head coach. He could have probably patched together a 10 win team with a ton of portal help (the 2020 team would have won 10 games if it had played the pre-covid schedule) but nothing long term.

Advertisement
Ehhhhh.....I agree that Manny got nowhere near the financial support that Mario is getting but he was a below average recruiter and the overall talent level of our roster sank quite a bit during his three years as head coach. He could have probably patched together a 10 win team with a ton of portal help (the 2020 team would have won 10 games if it had played the pre-covid schedule) but nothing long term.
If you knew how recruiting worked now with nil all he had to do was win games. I promise you lol and even still I’m not married to the fact that he was a bad recruiter while here. Manny Diaz greatest strength is adaptability. I believe he would have surrounded himself eventually with the best he could find. That’s just me

Advertisement
That a defensive head coach needed to rely on his offense to outscore anyone to win as a head coach tells you all you need to know about Manny. I'm not one of those guys that just hates Manny because he didn't win enough. I got nothing against the guy personally. But HIS defense was the weakness of the team in 2020 and 2021. When he didn't have Golden/Richt recruits, they sucked. Look at who we were trotting out in the front 7 in 2021. Flagg, Steed and Frierson were our starting linebackers. Our top pass rusher (on a defense that rushed the passer on every down) was Zach Mc Cloud. Amari Carter and Keontra Smith were getting starter's reps. These guys are role player types. They are the kind of guys who are solid backups on a good team. They were our best defensive players. No wonder they gave up almost 30 points per game.

If not for Rhett Lashlee, Manny would have never made it through his second season.

That a defensive head coach needed to rely on his offense to outscore anyone to win as a head coach tells you all you need to know about Manny. I'm not one of those guys that just hates Manny because he didn't win enough. I got nothing against the guy personally. But HIS defense was the weakness of the team in 2020 and 2021. When he didn't have Golden/Richt recruits, they sucked. Look at who we were trotting out in the front 7 in 2021. Flagg, Steed and Frierson were our starting linebackers. Our top pass rusher (on a defense that rushed the passer on every down) was Zach Mc Cloud. Amari Carter and Keontra Smith were getting starter's reps. These guys are role player types. They are the kind of guys who are solid backups on a good team. They were our best defensive players. No wonder they gave up almost 30 points per game.

If not for Rhett Lashlee, Manny would have never made it through his second season.
I don’t hate the guy either, but he was a horrible recruiter and coach. People seem to forget how bad these last two years were with his Leftover recruits. The admin is at fault for hiring him, he did what any freaking human would do, I would’ve said yes, too if they offered me. LOL

Serious question, why? He was given an opportunity that he coveted and did the best he could. He never did anything egregious, like Golden, so the hate puzzles me?
Classic case of the Peter Principal
1. No one told him he had to take the job. In fact if he was smart he would have politely told them no.

2. After 2017 when he landed zero talent on defense he should have realized he needed a lot of work and was not ready for a big job.

3. F that guy.

Advertisement
Back