Duke and Manny

1. No one told him he had to take the job. In fact if he was smart he would have politely told them no.

2. After 2017 when he landed zero talent on defense he should have realized he needed a lot of work and was not ready for a big job.

3. F that guy.
I'm guessing you're pretty young

Advertisement
1703350702036.gif

1. No one told him he had to take the job. In fact if he was smart he would have politely told them no.

2. After 2017 when he landed zero talent on defense he should have realized he needed a lot of work and was not ready for a big job.

3. F that guy.

So you would have turned down the job?

Duke has a player or two who have not only hit the portal but are already committed to another team yet they are still playing in todays bowl game, a little weird if you ask me.

Advertisement
You guys do know whenever Manny Diaz was recruiting a player and when an SEC team came into the picture then Manny would back off in defeat. Manny is nowhere a recruiter that Mario is. I strongly disagree we would be a 9-10 win team under him. His defenses had fallen apart and thats what he was suppose to be good at. Imagine if he didn't have Lashlee cause thats all his teams had was a fun air raid team with no defense or running game. Miami got really soft under Manny and the talent level was at its lowest in my lifetime

You guys do know whenever Manny Diaz was recruiting a player and when an SEC team came into the picture then Manny would back off in defeat. Manny is nowhere a recruiter that Mario is. I strongly disagree we would be a 9-10 win team under him. His defenses had fallen apart and thats what he was suppose to be good at. Imagine if he didn't have Lashlee cause thats all his teams had was a fun air raid team with no defense or running game. Miami got really soft under Manny and the talent level was at its lowest in my lifetime
It's interesting that the D dropped off under Randy when he took over. He (unlike Manny) did recruit some high level guys on that side of the ball.

Advertisement
He was about to be a HC at another, albeit lower tiered, program, he was familiar with the team and apparently received a vote of confidence from Mark Richt. Many extremely successful people extend beyond their perceived limitations to grab their dream.
He was destined for failure. Coming off 2017 and he couldn’t bring in talent. Guy is an under achiever. Talks a good game but has a **** product. Guidry is 100x a more talented DC than Diaz.

He was destined for failure. Coming off 2017 and he couldn’t bring in talent. Guy is an under achiever. Talks a good game but has a **** product. Guidry is 100x a more talented DC than Diaz.

He had a winning record at Miami, a job you said was beyond his limitations, but underachieved… We’re 12-12 since… underachieving indeed…

Advertisement
We get it, you can't stand Manny, but he had a winning record at UM and his defense at PSU has been elite the last 2 years...#s don't lie

Just picked up Malik Murphy at QB so he's off to a good start. Never understood the hatred towards Manny...he took his dream job when it was offered like everyone would do
My guess is that parting shot after he got fired as if he got a raw deal.

Advertisement
Like when he gave up 400 yards rushing and 550+ total and 40+ points against Michigan? Elite huh
Nice try but get your #s right. PSU gave up 231 yards rushing and 291 total yards to MeatChicken this year. Didn't look at last year's game, but we got *** raped by MTSU, Duke, Pitt, FSU and Clemson last year

Advertisement
Back