@Duke 9pm ESPN

1. We lost those games by a combined 60+ points. Imagine if we didn’t have Rodney, we may have lost by...scratch that, I’d take our chances.

2. When Rodney scores 2 points (or less), we’re 3-1.

3. The things porsters will say to avoid admitting the obvious.

So you’re saying Miami is a better team when Keith Stone is in the rotation?

yes, you mushroom-brain. That’s true.

yet your “useless” Rodney is averaging 11/9 over the last three.

Now go work on your burger flipping technique

Advertisement
So you’re saying Miami is a better team when Keith Stone is in the rotation?

yes, you mushroom-brain. That’s true.

yet your “useless” Rodney is averaging 11/9 over the last three.

Now go work on you burger flipping technique

1. Where did you get that from?

2. What is a “mushroom-brain”? Is that what you call Rodney’s cack?

3. We lost our last 3 games. Rodney’s production was useless. In fact, our best game (over those last 3) was when Rodney had 4 points. We’re 3-1 when Rodney scores 2 points (or less).

4. Is that thought complete?

-

How is the secret injury to Brooks?

1. Where did you get that from?

2. What is a “mushroom-brain”? Is that what you call Rodney’s cack?

3. We lost our last 3 games. Rodney’s production was useless. In fact, our best game (over those last 3) was when Rodney had 4 points. We’re 3-1 when Rodney scores 2 points (or less).

4. Is that thought complete?

-

How is the secret injury to Brooks?

Mushroom brain = hallucinogen inducing fungus brain rot = your brain

I got the info about Brooks from people on the Italy trip. But it was always public. There was just no reason for the staff to belabor the issue.

Brooks is a 6’11 240 pound center from Philadelphia. After playing at Cincinnati for three years, Brooks is sitting out this season. The Hurricanes have had success in Philadelphia in the past. Miami basketball alums Davon Reed and Ja’Quan Newton are from Philadelphia. Larranaga discussed Brooks injury.

“We’re actually just being a little bit cautious with him because he has a knee condition that needs attention.

In all of **** Vitale's rambling, did he say Miami had verbal commitments from Saddiq Bey and CJ Walker.
If true that would have made the team better but I still have to wonder why not fill those two available scholarships with grad transfers once they decided to go elsewhere?

Advertisement
We have another chit porst. I guess we've moved on from the Rodney's tremendous production porsts.

I got the info about Brooks from people on the Italy trip. But it was always public. There was just no reason for the staff to belabor the issue.

Brooks is a 6’11 240 pound center from Philadelphia. After playing at Cincinnati for three years, Brooks is sitting out this season. The Hurricanes have had success in Philadelphia in the past. Miami basketball alums Davon Reed and Ja’Quan Newton are from Philadelphia. Larranaga discussed Brooks injury.

“We’re actually just being a little bit cautious with him because he has a knee condition that needs attention.

Oh because he actually played in that trip. You know that right? He played in "useless" exhibition games numerous months before the season.

Remember when you said the following:

Brooks is not fully healthy and you’ll find out more in the coming months.

When are we going to find out about this injury?

Yes, I’m an “insider”. Everyone on the Italy trip knows exactly why Brooks is almost certainly going to sit a year to get 100% healthy. And you will also learn why in due time.

Is it time yet?

Man it's been rough watching DJ this year. Every coach in America has figured out how limited athletically he is and has taken him completely out of the game. EARLY.

The only starting ACC caliber player we have is Mcgusty & he is only a starter on bottom feeder ACC teams like us. This team really stinks. There is no sugar coating it.

The Freshman guards look awful, specifically Wong. He doesn't look like he has any business playing at this level. Young guards tend to make splashes a whole lot earlier than bigs and I haven't seen it from our young guards. That's telling considering how many minutes they both get.

Advertisement
I never bought into the recent chatter about Sam's "rebirth" as a potentially quality starter. Last night exposed him in that regard. He's a potentially good bench piece on a deep UM squad (which, of course, we don't have).

I thought we were done porsting about Rodney’s production. Are we done with the secret injuries?

Not for you, spatula king.

Let’s talk more about Rodney averaging 11 and 9 over the last three games.

1. We lost every game.

2. The only game that was close was the one he scored 4 points. Yes, 4 points. The only close game was where Rodney scored 4 points. Are you aware of this at all?

3. We’re 3-1 when Rodney scores 2 points (or less).

4. Does Rodney use lube when he fists you?

Advertisement
I think Larranaga will retire after the season. If so, I wonder if we promote Caputo if James is still here or will we do a national search?

I think Larranaga will retire after the season. I wonder if we promote Caputo if James is still here or will we do a national search?
How much his current staff (including Caputo) bears part of the responsibility for current and lackluster results... might be hard to quantify, but regarding successor HC, I'd much rather see one of his former staff from better days be picked. 2 are now successful HC's elsewhere.

OFC if some big name legendary coach that would help recruiting a lot becomes available and is offered a tidy sum, that would be ideal; but ain't likely gonna happen, James or no-James.

How much his current staff (including Caputo) bears part of the responsibility for current and lackluster results... might be hard to quantify, but regarding successor HC, I'd much rather see one of his former staff from better days be picked. 2 are now successful HC's elsewhere.

It doesn't take a genius to see that things are quite different than they were when we had Huger and Konkol. It is clear that things aren't as good as they were when we had those two.

In terms of a next HC, obviously we'd rather have Huger or Konkol than anyone on the staff (and it isn't close). That isn't saying much.

As for whether either deserves the gig...at this moment, no. They need to do more at their current schools. How about at least an NCAAT appearance? How about dominating an inferior conference?

OFC if some big name legendary coach that would help recruiting a lot becomes available and is offered a tidy sum, that would be ideal; but ain't likely gonna happen, James or no-James.

Look at how we got our last two coaches for basketball and look at the process.

- We did get a "big name legendary" coach except the athletic department was insanely unaware of him and his accomplishments. My guess is we would have NEVER went after him on our own.

- No comment on Haith.

I don't know who will be in charge at the time of our next HC search. My guess is if Blake James is still employed and the BOTs are micromanaging...expect the same atrocious decision making that we've seen from their tenure. Perhaps a search similar to how we got Manny.

With that said, it isn't hard to find a high quality HC in college basketball.

Advertisement
Our next HC search would be scary and lazy in a status quo scenario. I’m sure Coach L would be consulted and his suggestions probably make the short list.

Much rather roll with a big name hire than Huger, Konkol or Caputo. My guess is that Caputo would be the front runner.

Of the three, Konkol or Huger over Caputo. Of course, neither brings any NCAA tourney experience.

Huger has stated that he doesn’t want to coach anywhere other than at Bowling Green.

Last edited:
Our next HC search would be scary and lazy in a status quo scenario. I’m sure Coach L would be consulted and his suggestions probably make the short list.

Much rather roll with a big name hire than Huger, Konkol or Caputo. My guess is that Caputo would be the front runner.

Of the three, Konkol or Huger over Caputo. Of course, neither brings any NCAA tourney experience.

Huger has stated that he doesn’t want to coach anywhere other than at Bowling Green.

That's a lie.

(not a lie that he said it, a lie that he meant it)

Remember when we used to upset Duke or at least make it a competitive, exciting game? We’ve now lost to Duke by 30+ 3 straight times.

Advertisement
Back