@Duke 9pm ESPN

Advertisement
Maybe they are a top team and have several better faster athletes, but notice how 2-3 Duke players are near the basket on almost every longish shot, and often get rebounds... while we usually have no one there, or a slow Sam, and miss a lot... Been happening for years it's Coach L's get back strategy... maybe he doesn't have the talent to coach and instruct otherwise, but it really really is losing basketball unless your shooters are hot. Seldom for us these days.

Maybe they are a top team and have several better faster athletes, but notice how 2-3 Duke players are near the basket on almost every longish shot, and often get rebounds... while we usually have no one there, or a slow Sam, and miss a lot... Been happening for years it's Coach L's get back strategy... maybe he doesn't have the talent to coach and instruct otherwise, but it really really is losing basketball unless your shooters are hot. Seldom for us these days.

We seem to put a premium on getting back over offensive rebounding

Advertisement
For those who don't know, **** Vitale was a terrible coach who got fired and was hired by ESPN in the 80s.

He is not that knowledgeable when it comes to basketball.

He is definitely the worse commentator on TV.

Advertisement
Advertisement
3rd time I noticed that on these longish (missed) shots... Walker does seem to try and hang around for the rebound. Not being a gazelle he didn't get any yet, but I must say I appreciate that. I wonder if Coach L does (maybe that's why he was in doghouse so long?)

(or is he just there waiting for the alley-oop that never comes?)

Advertisement
3rd time I noticed that on these longish (missed) shots... Walker does seem to try and hang around for the rebound. Not being a gazelle he didn't get any yet, but I must say I appreciate that. I wonder if Coach L does (maybe that's why he was in doghouse so long?)

(or is he just there waiting for the alley-oop that never comes?)

I think we’re tied for last in alley oops

Advertisement
Back