Tears Duck Tears

Consider the age of these posters on message boards/Twitter then consider Miami's relevance that last 20 years. For their lifespan (old enough to really follow CFB) Miami has never been relevant (despite always being "back") & is notoriously cheap.. I don't blame anyone who doubts.. even if they are wrong.

We haven't even scratched the surface of hate yet.. The bad boys of CFB will be hated more than ever this time around. For one, can't freaking wait!
I was hooked on Miami football in the 80’s. Saw them live for the BC beatdown in Foxboro in like 85. I loved those squads. That said, I would be pretty pleased to see the 00,01 type teams that were not as bad boy as the 80’s teams, they just mugged teams.

91 team was probably may favorite squad. Uni’s were off the charts.

Advertisement
I knew it was over in 2013...that's when I was all in on Gary Patterson....But what I do know is, Butch had a staff put together that would've easily rivaled the one Mario has put together, to come with him back to UM from 2010 onward. @Brooklyndee will attest to that. It's all good though. People can hate all they want, but only a complete Moron wouldn't have taken Clevelands 3yr 12 million dollar offer (And crazy incentives) while UMs Garbage *** Administration/BOT, where talking about him paying a 90% buyout....Are you kidding me??...They NEVER liked Butch, they treated him like sh*t for 6yrs...they never in a Million yrs thought he'd accomplish what he did, while dealing with what was bestowed upon him during that time...
To be clear, my position on Butch is this: he is and always will be one of the Miami greats. He assembled the greatest team the NCAA has or will ever see, and he didn’t need overwhelming amounts of money or any other nonsense to do it.

Also, there was never a good time for him to return. I don’t pretend to know the particulars, but he left at a bad time and to those of us not in the know, that left a bad taste. NOW, I would have welcomed him back instead of taking al, but there comes a time when the ship has sailed. And his did a long time ago.

Speaking for myself, having just made my position clear, it’s crazy-annoying to hear people insisting that somehow he’s so magical that bringing him back in 2019 was a good idea. I swear to god there are folks in here who will argue in 30 years that his corpse is the best we can do as a HC. At some point you just have to accept that things have moved on and he’s not a candidate anymore. I don’t know why people think that’s undercutting his legacy, it’s not. He WAS great, as a HC he has no future here. I know you get that, but if you think everybody else gets it too, I don’t think you’ve been paying attention.

To be clear, my position on Butch is this: he is and always will be one of the Miami greats. He assembled the greatest team the NCAA has or will ever see, and he didn’t need overwhelming amounts of money or any other nonsense to do it.

Also, there was never a good time for him to return. I don’t pretend to know the particulars, but he left at a bad time and to those of us not in the know, that left a bad taste. NOW, I would have welcomed him back instead of taking al, but there comes a time when the ship has sailed. And his did a long time ago.

Speaking for myself, having just made my position clear, it’s crazy-annoying to hear people insisting that somehow he’s so magical that bringing him back in 2019 was a good idea. I swear to god there are folks in here who will argue in 30 years that his corpse is the best we can do as a HC. At some point you just have to accept that things have moved on and he’s not a candidate anymore. I don’t know why people think that’s undercutting his legacy, it’s not. He WAS great, as a HC he has no future here. I know you get that, but if you think everybody else gets it too, I don’t think you’ve been paying attention.
I knew it was over in 2013....I wanted Patterson.....I can't help, nor care what other people think whatsoever....

Advertisement
1656526160381.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's a coping mechanism. That's all. Just look at the Turds, "player x really wants to be here but Miami is offering a gazillion dollars. That's the only reason we lost."
but these numbers get out into the mainstream media and it makes us look sketchy in my opinion. and there is another negative - the kids think we are a big bag school and all start demanding bags to sign here. these people don't want to admit Mario is doing this with his ability as a recruiter. Oregon should know.

It's a coping mechanism. That's all. Just look at the Turds, "player x really wants to be here but Miami is offering a gazillion dollars. That's the only reason we lost."

Miami has 3 blue chip players committed. Ohio State and Clemson have 13 each. Yet only Miami gets the hate.

Guarantee the reason Clemson and OSU have better classes is because they paid more.

Advertisement
Miami has 3 blue chip players committed. Ohio State and Clemson have 13 each. Yet only Miami gets the hate.

Guarantee the reason Clemson and OSU have better classes is because they paid more.
Honestly partly it's because we're a new player in the game.

They've come to expect Ohio St / Clemson / Georgia / Alabama to recruit at a ridiculous rate.

Miami joining the party is unfathomable to them - let alone Texas, Texas A&M and USC.

Honestly partly it's because we're a new player in the game.

They've come to expect Ohio St / Clemson / Georgia / Alabama to recruit at a ridiculous rate.

Miami joining the party is unfathomable to them - let alone Texas, Texas A&M and USC.
The same disbelief that they had when Mario left Oregon for Miami.

It's a new day. We know it..they don't yet.

Advertisement
Back