Tears Duck Tears

So glad our fans don't do stuff like this, like keeping up with Butch and wanting him back all the time.
OH WAIT
ZomboMeme 05032022222020.jpg

đź‘€

Butch leaving Miami when he did will always be one of the biggest "What if's" in CFB history though.

Oregon fans are just stuck in the grief cycle and most of them will never accept that Mario leaving was inevitable bc they'll always be a tier below the blue bloods of CFB.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So glad our fans don't do stuff like this, like keeping up with Butch and wanting him back all the time.
OH WAIT
All but 7 were Butch's kids, you'll never see this again, anywhere in CFB
img_3_1646416588231.jpg
....Without Butch this site wouldn't exist....Nobody said they wanted him back "All the Time"...including myself....but ya **** right I wanted him back until 2013.....

All but 7 were Butch's kids, you'll never see this again, anywhere in CFBView attachment 181098....Without Butch this site wouldn't exist....Nobody said they wanted him back "All the Time"...including myself....but ya **** right I wanted him back until 2013.....
No one including myself is questioning the impact Butch had on the program. My comment, jokingly was for our fan base who would not let the fact go, that he left us and kept calling for his return.
As I said, my post is intended as light hearted. No one should be that thin skinned to get worked up about it.

No one including myself is questioning the impact Butch had on the program. My comment, jokingly was for our fan base who would not let the fact go, that he left us and kept calling for his return.
As I said, my post is intended as light hearted. No one should be that thin skinned to get worked up about it.
Not worked up one bit, and God only knows not thin skinned...I just deal in Facts...and always happy to produce them....

Advertisement
All but 7 were Butch's kids, you'll never see this again, anywhere in CFBView attachment 181098....Without Butch this site wouldn't exist....Nobody said they wanted him back "All the Time"...including myself....but ya **** right I wanted him back until 2013.....
I get what you’re saying, but come on man. Without Butch this is still one of the most storied CFB programs. We would just be more like FSU instead of us.

I never had any bad blood towards Oregon. I was just a guy that roasted them for having Phil knight backing, unlimited uniforms, unlimited resources, ****** pac 12….. and zero ships hence the 0 on their helmet 🤣

Now that they have shown their *** throughout this transition I’m not a fan of them or the fan base. Hope Dan Lanning fails miserably….. the Trojans are coming

I get what you’re saying, but come on man. Without Butch this is still one of the most storied CFB programs. We would just be more like FSU instead of us.
Butch saved this program from near Extinction...otherwise there'd be No 2000-2003 teams to talk about....I don't believe we'd still be considered a "Storied" program without what he accomplished during his tenure here. Same goes for his recruiting prowness from 84-88....but Hey, that's just me....

Last edited:
Advertisement
We would probably do the same if our head coaches of the past weren't putrid. Once a guy coaches at UM he regresses into position coaching or being a coordinator, or Head coach of South Harmon Institute of Technology.

I never had any bad blood towards Oregon. I was just a guy that roasted them for having Phil knight backing, unlimited uniforms, unlimited resources, ****** pac 12….. and zero ships hence the 0 on their helmet 🤣

Now that they have shown their *** throughout this transition I’m not a fan of them or the fan base. Hope Dan Lanning fails miserably….. the Trojans are coming
I think we are going to run into (and through) USC on our way back to the top.

Advertisement
Just the arrogance of a program who still can't comprehend that someone would leave Oregon for Miami...

People will soon realize Miami isn't the cheap program it was anymore. Serious people are in place now and serious things are happening because of it.

Oregon is the ex girlfriend that is completely d!ck whipped, Mario the third leg got Oregon Thirsty!!!!

Advertisement
Lots of people have gone on about wanting him back every time we've needed a new HC since he left. Maybe not you, but there are tons of BBB threads from the last 10 years.

Butch saved this program from near Extinction...otherwise there'd be No 2000-2003 teams to talk about....I don't believe we'd still be considered a "Storied" program without what he accomplished during his tenure here. Same goes for his recruiting process from 84-88....but Hey, that's just me....
Have to agree, if we didn't have those early 2000s teams, people would just see us as a flash in the pan program.

I spent my first 24 years on this planet in Miami and the last 24 in San Diego.

When you're near Pac-10 / Pac-12 country the past two decades, you develop a loathing for Oregon that can't be manufactured all the way from the Sunshine State—where west coast football is an afterthought.

I've worked with a lot of UO grads and come across a lot of their fans in business and personal life and can confirm they are an egotistical, elitist bunch of clowns—who worship at the alter of Nike and Phil Knight—always overhyping their uniform combos, their facilities, their program and their fan base. They're an insufferable bunch.

Nothing tops the Trojans and the University of Spoiled Children, but Oregon are the Florida Gators of the left coast. Brutal fanbase.

The conversations I had with some fans last season when I told them Mario was Miami-bound (around October / November)—they were beyond dismissive and laughing in my face; fully believing he'd NEVER even entertain leaving Eugene for Coral Gables. The Canes' history meant zero, the program was dead in the water and the Ducks were tracking to be the new Pac-12 power.

The minute it actually happened, they went into hiding and refused to revisit the convo.

Advertisement
Back