Duck Perspective "Careful what you wish for"

His success, especially in the short-term relies heavily on who he hires as coordinators. It's no secret that Mario is a recruiter and CEO type of coach. He's not an X's and O's guy. He's not calling plays nor does he have a specific "scheme" on either side of the ball.

If he makes the right hire on offense, there's enough in the cupboard for Miami to compete for the coastal division title immediately. Expecting more than 9 or 10 wins might be too much given the current state of the roster.

Advertisement
OC/QB coach hire will be telling. No way he looks at our OL then the year TVD had with Lash, and thinks a power O is what is needed and what will be successful here after 1. getting boatraced twice by Utah with a limited QB and 2. years of us clamoring for a more evolved offense.
For as much power as he has someone in the Hecht needs to tell him we're a spread offense and that's non negotiable.

His success, especially in the short-term relies heavily on who he hires as coordinators. It's no secret that Mario is a recruiter and CEO type of coach. He's not an X's and O's guy. He's not calling plays nor does he have a specific "scheme" on either side of the ball.

If he makes the right hire on offense, there's enough in the cupboard for Miami to compete for the coastal division title immediately. Expecting more than 9 or 10 wins might be too much given the current state of the roster.
The OC hire will be what matters most with a guy like TVD.. I would hate to see the kid regress, I would hate to go back to some pro style bro BS

Advertisement
For as much power as he has someone in the Hecht needs to tell him we're a spread offense and that's non negotiable.
Any corch can finesse and say oh yea, I am a "spread" coach (see Enos telling Manny he was getting Bama offense).. But are they committed to the dark arts of spread, who was their prior mentors, are they committed to hurryup, do they know how to teach it or did they learn it at some weekend workshop trying to prolong their bro style career?

The OC hire will be what matters most with a guy like TVD.. I would hate to see the kid regress, I would hate to go back to some pro style bro BS
I DO NOT want to hear the words "fullback" or "power spread" uttered by any possible candidate.

Advertisement
How about this perspective

SUCK IT DUCKS.

suck my dick GIF
One of the best scenes ever filmed. 👆

Also curious to see how Mario does in recruiting without selling Alabama to anyone he wants and Oregon to West Coast kids at a time when every other West Coast school is a dumpster fire.

Miami's had one top 10 recruiting class since 2015. Let's see how much he improves on that when he has to compete with the blue bloods without much of an advantage.

Advertisement
A pretty fair assessment from that Duck poster. I expect our recruiting will be somewhere between excellent and elite most years. So long as Mario brings in great coordinators with a more modern offensive philosophy and scheme that takes advantage of our local talent, the results on the field will come.

But what this means for Miami... the willingness to spend money, going after top tier coaching talent, increasing the athletic budget, etc.... That's the real victory. It's a complete paradigm shift for UM football.

I mean he was already gone before they played that game. would they have won? idk probably not but it was evident watching the game and the post game conference

Advertisement
Any corch can finesse and say oh yea, I am a "spread" coach (see Enos telling Manny he was getting Bama offense).. But are they committed to the dark arts of spread, who was their prior mentors, are they committed to hurryup, do they know how to teach it or did they learn it at some weekend workshop trying to prolong their bro style career?
Just as we went out and got an experienced HC and (hopefully) experienced AD, we need an experienced OC where the proof is in the tape.

He was an offensive lineman and knows that is what drives the engine. That will be a huge perspective he brings that has been absent and one of the U's greatest deficiencies.

Advertisement
Back