Duck Perspective "Careful what you wish for"

Silver King

Pass Block
This came from their forum reminding fans about the second loss to Utah:

"I found myself drawn to the growing mob of Ducks fans calling for Coach Cristobal’s head...It’s understandable that so many Oregon fans are upset. We’re disappointed that this year’s team ostensibly underachieved. We’re frustrated and bored with an offense that looks like it was stolen from Nick Saban in 2007. We miss the “Oregon brand” of football.

And so we call for Cristobal’s firing. We hope and pray that Miami makes an offer that he can’t refuse…

…We should be careful about what we wish for…

Coach Cristobal is an elite recruiter. Being elite at anything is very difficult. Does he need to evolve as a coach? Absolutely. Does he need to make better personnel choices? A resounding yes. But how many college coaches are really elite at anything? USC spent the last decade searching for an elite coach and finally made a marquee hire, but only after pulling off one of the biggest coaching coups college football has ever seen.

Coach Cristobal’s coaching chops, or lack thereof, are well documented. But he’s learning, and he will learn from this season. Hopefully, he hires a offensive coordinator that will help implement a dynamic offense. I have my doubts, but we will see.

In any event, with MC at the helm, Oregon will continue to be pretty good by playing a boring brand of football with top shelf talent. Oregon will be competitive most years, and every so often they will put it all together and be included in the national championship conversation. If the alternative is roaming the coaching wilderness for the next decade looking for a coach that is elite at anything, is that so bad?"

Advertisement
would have to agree on the offensive coordinator part. Needs a dynamic play caller with all the skill level talent we have returning. Not sure Ponce is that dude.

Advertisement

"I found myself drawn to the growing mob of Ducks fans calling for Coach Cristobal’s head...It’s understandable that so many Oregon fans are upset. We’re disappointed that this year’s team ostensibly underachieved. We’re frustrated and bored with an offense that looks like it was stolen from Nick Saban in 2007. We miss the “Oregon brand” of football.

And so we call for Cristobal’s firing. We hope and pray that Miami makes an offer that he can’t refuse…

Coach Cristobal is an elite recruiter. Being elite at anything is very difficult. Does he need to evolve as a coach? Absolutely. Does he need to make better personnel choices? A resounding yes. But how many college coaches are really elite at anything? USC spent the last decade searching for an elite coach and finally made a marquee hire, but only after pulling off one of the biggest coaching coups college football has ever seen.

Coach Cristobal’s coaching chops, or lack thereof, are well documented. But he’s learning, and he will learn from this season. Hopefully, he hires a offensive coordinator that will help implement a dynamic offense. I have my doubts, but we will see.

In any event, with MC at the helm, Oregon will continue to be pretty good by playing a boring brand of football with top shelf talent. Oregon will be competitive most years, and every so often they will put it all together and be included in the national championship conversation. If the alternative is roaming the coaching wilderness for the next decade looking for a coach that is elite at anything, is that so bad?"
Yea that's why they're crying in their beer today

Elite recruiter + $4 million staff = victory.
The staff budget is going to be more than than. They got Mario and his staff on the cheap at Oregon. He will be able to get who ever he wants pretty much with the budget he is getting. OC/DC will take up most of that amount you posted. Look for at least $6 million for the staff budget.

Advertisement
With Mario we will be winning the coastal at the bare minimum. With what we have dealt with the past decade that is improvement. Add in a top notch staff and elite recruiting, good QB play, we should be a top 10-15 team year in year out.

Im really hoping Mario changes his offensive philosophy... He needs to hire a high end OC and give him the reigns of the offense and be a CEO/OL coach

Mario is not a savior, he's got a lot to prove. Imagine the first thing he does is regress our offense that we've been treated to recently back to the dysfunction he just had at Oregon and even with Herbert.

Mario needs to be flawless in his hiring or else it can get ugly fast.

Advertisement
herbie said it best, other than saban every coach has a flaw.
Yes, but Mario needs to learn how to cover his, instead of being a prideful fool. He needs to adapt or this will be his last HC gig. People don't last long that don't adapt due to pride.

Every coach is a coRch with a poor staff around him and poor schemes. He will do just fine here

Advertisement
How about this perspective

SUCK IT DUCKS.

suck my dick GIF

Mario is not a savior, he's got a lot to prove. Imagine the first thing he does is regress our offense that we've been treated to recently back to the dysfunction he just had at Oregon and even with Herbert.

Mario needs to be flawless in his hiring or else it can get ugly fast.

OC/QB coach hire will be telling. No way he looks at our OL then the year TVD had with Lash, and thinks a power O is what is needed and what will be successful here after 1. getting boatraced twice by Utah with a limited QB and 2. years of us clamoring for a more evolved offense.

Advertisement
Back