Dual QB system moving forward..

Let me be clear 2 QB system isn't my preference, BUT this team needs something different something to infuse some life into the offense.

My example of N. C. State wasn't they are some beacon of offensive football, BUt they stink on offense like we do, but their 2 QB system gives them a fighting chance, and at least mixes it up some.

Advertisement
I've been a big TVD supporter, but it's obvious he needs to sit now. He has no
Confidence, and the offense knows it. We got 3 games left to find some energy on that side of the ball.

Moving forward Dawson needs to get Emory and Jacurri both in the game.

N.C State is cheeks on offense, but their 2 QB system keeps their offense engaged, keeps the energy up. Armstrong only ran it when he came in(Jacurri can do this better), and we still Didn't stop it. He had over 50 yards rushing.

Emory can keep the ball out of danger. Tyler is struggling to
Complete dump offs and screens. Emory can do that.

Dawson is getting paid big money to get some answers.

Changing the QB will
Energize this team.

I want to see Jacurri Brown with Fletcher in backfield. Bring Smith on motion, now the defense is in conflict we can flip to Brashard, or go read option where Brown or Fletcher runs it, and both are strong enough to break tackles.

I also need to see Tyler Harrell get at least 2 deep
Shots per game. How do we have a Lamborghini in the garage? Dawson should be arrested for that.

There is no advantage for running TVD back out there. Got to go 2 QB system moving forward.

We won't beat FSU, but we can beat LVille and BC if we get some offense.

LVille is great at home, but on the road their offense scored

21 vs. Indiana
21 vs. Pittsburgh
13 vs. N.C. State

Totally different offense on the road.
I agree that starting Emory this week would get the rest of the team re-engaged. The players never quit yesterday and fought hard to keep NCSt out of the end zone at the end of the game.

This game against fsu has become our super bowl. A win against them would make our season, so they have to continue to play with heart and pride, especially with how last years game went.

As for JB, I would have loved to see him with this oline. It's confusing to me how comfortable we were using him last year, especially in short yardage, but have not used him once this year. With 3 regular season games left, it's not about the redshirt at this point, so there is probably more to it.

This would be the perfect week and opportunity to put a game plan together that their defense has not seen on film. Run the full offense with Emory and maybe just maybe throw in JB with some designed packages. (More of a hope than a reality)

For the last time…barring an injury to Emory and TVD, Jacurri ain’t playing this year. He’s done at Miami.

I don't recall the year - but FSU had a QB situation - and for the next big game - they brought out a guy Marcus something - and he ran the ball and ran the ball - and it was a different game than the opponents prepped for.

FSU won!

Jacurri may be done at Miami after the season - but that guys is fast and strong AND can complete passes. Toss him in the game - and now you have a whole new advantage.

Emory needs to get on the field - this saving his redshirt BS in exchange for battle-experience in real time - is just BS.

For the last time…barring an injury to Emory and TVD, Jacurri ain’t playing this year. He’s done at Miami.
I tend to agree on brown, if they can’t find a short yardage package for him last night they just aren’t going to play him.

Advertisement
I love the desire to try to change things and inject a creative element. Dual QB systems rarely work.

My thought is that, as it has become clear that we cannot effectively use the forward pass, the next game(s) need to be designed to give the most confusing, disguised, eye-candy, and effective running plays. Use all the RBs and fast WRs at our disposal. Get weird. But we have to run the ball because our QB is a turnover machine. Yes, I'll allow for 5-8 disguised passing plays.

Basically I have no belief in anyone at this point and fully expect to lose bigly.
The diamond formation with 3 backs needs to be implemented.

He’s built to run Malzahn’s offensive system in which the QB is asked to run and not be accurate throwing the ball to anyone beyond the other team.

Still
Don't understand why we think Jacurri and coaches don't want him to play. He can play now and still retain RS, and can transfer after season.

If Jacurri doesn't want to play then he should quit wasting his time going to meetings, and practice and just hit portal.

Mario would never want to do what Anae does. We are doing what he wants, run up middle, have Restrepo motion in and block, lol.. Man dolphins/chiefs about to start, gonna watch some real offensive football and not worry about this BS. Mario is a offense/qb killer, dont expect ANYTHING but run up middle and confused passing. We gave more touches to the blocking TE than Brashard. Let that sink in, Brashard sat on sideline majority of game where we score 6 points.

**** barry jackson but he is right here

FFS now Barry is making sense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back