Dual QB system moving forward..

gacaneaddict

Junior
I've been a big TVD supporter, but it's obvious he needs to sit now. He has no
Confidence, and the offense knows it. We got 3 games left to find some energy on that side of the ball.

Moving forward Dawson needs to get Emory and Jacurri both in the game.

N.C State is cheeks on offense, but their 2 QB system keeps their offense engaged, keeps the energy up. Armstrong only ran it when he came in(Jacurri can do this better), and we still Didn't stop it. He had over 50 yards rushing.

Emory can keep the ball out of danger. Tyler is struggling to
Complete dump offs and screens. Emory can do that.

Dawson is getting paid big money to get some answers.

Changing the QB will
Energize this team.

I want to see Jacurri Brown with Fletcher in backfield. Bring Smith on motion, now the defense is in conflict we can flip to Brashard, or go read option where Brown or Fletcher runs it, and both are strong enough to break tackles.

I also need to see Tyler Harrell get at least 2 deep
Shots per game. How do we have a Lamborghini in the garage? Dawson should be arrested for that.

There is no advantage for running TVD back out there. Got to go 2 QB system moving forward.

We won't beat FSU, but we can beat LVille and BC if we get some offense.

LVille is great at home, but on the road their offense scored

21 vs. Indiana
21 vs. Pittsburgh
13 vs. N.C. State

Totally different offense on the road.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I came to the same conclusion last night. There is literally no other explanation that makes sense.

He doesn’t want to play and the coaches don’t want to play him. I am not 100% sure as to the main reason (I mean, I know he wants to portal, possibly position change, etc) but it is what it is.

Advertisement
He doesn’t want to play and the coaches don’t want to play him. I am not 100% sure as to the main reason (I mean, I know he wants to portal, possibly position change, etc) but it is what it is.
What I want to know is when that changed from him wanting to redshirt in order to give him that year to better himself as a passer.

So he said he was leaving?

Confidence, and the offense knows it. We got 3 games left to find some energy on that side of the ball.

N.C State is cheeks on offense, but their 2 QB system keeps their offense engaged, keeps the energy up. Armstrong only ran it when he came in(Jacurri can do this better), and we still Didn't stop it. He had over 50 yards rushing.

Changing the QB will
Energize this team.

I want to see Jacurri Brown with Fletcher in backfield. Bring Smith on motion, now the defense is in conflict we can flip to Brashard, or go read option where Brown or Fletcher runs it, and both are strong enough to break tackles.

Shots per game. How do we have a Lamborghini in the garage? Dawson should be arrested for that.

There is no advantage for running TVD back out there. Got to go 2 QB system moving forward.

21 vs. Indiana
21 vs. Pittsburgh
13 vs. N.C. State

Mario would never want to do what Anae does. We are doing what he wants, run up middle, have Restrepo motion in and block, lol.. Man dolphins/chiefs about to start, gonna watch some real offensive football and not worry about this BS. Mario is a offense/qb killer, dont expect ANYTHING but run up middle and confused passing. We gave more touches to the blocking TE than Brashard. Let that sink in, Brashard sat on sideline majority of game where we score 6 points.

**** barry jackson but he is right here

Advertisement
NCST had less than 6 yards of 2nd half offense until very late in the 4th, so let’s not pretend what they did was a blueprint for anything.

Go with EW, Jacurri isn't the answer, he's not for long here. We need a portal stud at QB going forward and that's unlikely to happen. We need to flip this roster of QBs except for EW, who may be nothing more than average, too early to know if he's got it. Also Harrell isn't a Lamborghini, that muffed kick off return against Virginia should tell you that. When he's played he's been a non factor, at this point I would get Brashad Smith, Joseph and Robby Washington more burn to see if they can ignite something in the passing game. All for not if TVD is still the starting QB.

Advertisement
Mario would never want to do what Anae does. We are doing what he wants, run up middle, have Restrepo motion in and block, lol.. Man dolphins/chiefs about to start, gonna watch some real offensive football and not worry about this BS. Mario is a offense/qb killer, dont expect ANYTHING but run up middle and confused passing. We gave more touches to the blocking TE than Brashard. Let that sink in, Brashard sat on sideline majority of game where we score 6 points.

**** barry jackson but he is right here

💯.
Our OC has zero creativity.

Advertisement
Look how NC St used Brennan...everyone knew he was going to run and still got 51 yards. Jacurri can do the same thing in certain situations.

He can still redshirt so it makes no sense not to try it a few times a game.

Changing the QB will
Energize this team.

21 vs. Indiana
21 vs. Pittsburgh
13 vs. N.C. State

I love the desire to try to change things and inject a creative element. Dual QB systems rarely work.

My thought is that, as it has become clear that we cannot effectively use the forward pass, the next game(s) need to be designed to give the most confusing, disguised, eye-candy, and effective running plays. Use all the RBs and fast WRs at our disposal. Get weird. But we have to run the ball because our QB is a turnover machine. Yes, I'll allow for 5-8 disguised passing plays.

Basically I have no belief in anyone at this point and fully expect to lose bigly.

Advertisement
Back