DT Update | UM offers Elisha Shaw

We thought for about 4 days he was ours, because he pretty much said as much...and then he didn't even show up for the visit LOLZ. If I had never heard of Alex Collins or Keef, I would call that the best troll job of all time.

Advertisement
They all have time they aren't even in their senior years yet

Sometimes kids are just too far behind to catch up. Plus they need to change their work ethic in the classroom to catch up. Gaillard is a no go for UNC because he is just too far behind for their admissions. I have a feeling but not sure Valentine was just too far behind for UF. I hope all three get into a 4 year college but it is something that the coaches monitor and fans need/want to know so they can temper their expectations.

Miami being able to have kids take computer classes may be a huge advantage over the SEC. How long until SEC drops this policy?

I don't think it's computer classes in general it's just they don't allow Math to be taken online or retaken online...

Correct, my understanding is a Math class has to be taken at a school you are attending not online. Many other oline classes are ok.

On another note I see some people on this site say that Hooks was going to Miami if not Ole Miss. Auburn was actually Hooks first option but he had a class that Auburn wouldn't take but Ole Miss would.

Hooks did an interview talking about Jethro and people blew it way out of proportion, like he was coming here.

I said it then and I say it again, until we land an elite JUCO DT, I am not believing it till I see it. We are playing catch-up there for many reasons

Sometimes kids are just too far behind to catch up. Plus they need to change their work ethic in the classroom to catch up. Gaillard is a no go for UNC because he is just too far behind for their admissions. I have a feeling but not sure Valentine was just too far behind for UF. I hope all three get into a 4 year college but it is something that the coaches monitor and fans need/want to know so they can temper their expectations.

Miami being able to have kids take computer classes may be a huge advantage over the SEC. How long until SEC drops this policy?

True. We were late in on kids like Hooks and Hardison last year and then we were wondering why the **** they didn't come. Yes, Miami is a better school and program than Ole Miss and Arizona State but its about relationships and you have to get their early to establish them.

True. We were late in on kids like Hooks and Hardison last year and then we were wondering why the **** they didn't come. Yes, Miami is a better school and program than Ole Miss and Arizona State but its about relationships and you have to get their early to establish them.

We actually weren't late on Hooks and if you remember he was saying how much he loved Jethro and multiple times were saying he was going to visit he was just a bull**** troll

I think its pointless to come in late on these kids in SEC country. We gotta get there earlier and we also need some wins. I know its "only" April but in today's recruiting, April is late to offer. Looks like Bama and UGA are all over this kid.

Miami needs to go get on these JUCO DT's early while everybody else s focusing on the high school DT's.

I agree but most of the better juco kids don't get noticed until the season starts..

That is exactly why I would be contacting these JUCO coaches early talking to them and building relationships with a ton of JUCO DT's kids. Once Miami and the rest of the country realizes who is the best of the bunch Miami already has a relationship with the kids.

I agree and I think they are because of how many offers are out and they went hard last year on JUCO guys so I trust they're doing their jobs

Advertisement
Nose Tackle from SEC country that Bama wants. Will be a mighty tough pull. But you can't win if you don't play, I suppose.

Advertisement
Yeah, I don't expect to get any of these DTs out of SEC country.

Yeah, we got Cortez Kennedy out of Arkansas. So not even worth trying.

In his defense that was a quarter century ago. Things have changed a little bit, and we aren't exactly coming off the type of run we had in the 80s either.

You have to recruit the elites, no doubt, but this is a LOOOONG shot.

Advertisement
Back