DT Terrell Clinkscales to visit

Advertisement
Another great he reminds me of is Cortez Kennedy....CK always seems to get overlooked. CK tore up the Texas o-line in the 1990 cotton bowl.

When was Tez overlooked? He was widely regarded as an absolute beast at UM, which led to Seattle making him a top 10 pick, and he dominated in the pros.

Or are you saying he was overlooked as a recruit?

Yes, Tez was so overlooked that, to this day, nobody saw him tear up the Texas offensive line in the Cotton Bowl at the end of the 1990 season. Nobody...except theibisrules. He was totally invisible in that game...nobody saw him do that, except theibisrules.

He was overlooked since he wasn't there. He couldn't have been there, since he was drafted by Seattle in 1990 and his last season at UM was 1989. At the end of that season, we played Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. That would have been his last game, the Sugar Bowl in N.O. in January, 1990.

His magnificent dominance of the Texas OL in, I guess, January 1991 has escaped notice.....until now. Smoke some heavy dope, throw the tape in, and you might actually see Tez dominating....heck, it's because Ted Hendricks is forcing everything back into the middle and Ray Lewis, who is not yet out of HS, is making every tackle.

In all seriousness, Tez came to UM in '88 and played sparingly. He was an overweight DT whom the coaches were telling, lose some weight, and you'll be an A-A. The next year he blew up. I didn't remember him coming out of Wilson AR two years earlier. I read all the recruiting pubs, but I didn't remember Cortez Kennedy. I no longer had my recruiting pubs from that year, so I couldn't check to see if he was on any lists. The fact I didn't remember does suggest that he most likely was not highly regarded as a recruit, since I was fairly good at remembering the biggest names.

We had a bunch of nasty DLs that year ('89), including Russ Maryland, Shane Curry, Willis Peguese, Cortez Kennedy, and Greg Mark. The best known coming out of HS were probably Curry and Peguese, the least known were probably Maryland, Mark and Kennedy. I don't think any of these guys made any recruiting lists at all.

Just goes to show you...you can't always predict who will be a star.

We still have at least one stud DL in the pros: Vince Wilfork.

Yes, Tez was so overlooked that, to this day, nobody saw him tear up the Texas offensive line in the Cotton Bowl at the end of the 1990 season. Nobody...except theibisrules. He was totally invisible in that game...nobody saw him do that, except theibisrules.

Well thank you sir..I take full credit for that. I like it when a plan comes together. As a matter of fact, I know I helped him get into the pro football HOF.

and now that we have totally fu&&ed off and gotten off track, I HOPE CLINKSCALES COMES TO MIAMI.

370.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back