DT signess under Golden Al

Advertisement
Current staff isn't recruiting DTs any better. Real smart to sign 1 and dismiss one 2 days later. Brilliant

No blame goes to the kid for getting dismissed?

See that's exactly what you and everyone else fails to see. Let me clue you in-

Jenkins getting dismissed didn't happen overnight. It's been apparent the staff gave him chances and ultimately he blew it. Now I don't have a problem with the staff booting him.

My problem lies with the staff not having foresight. Like I mentioned before him getting dismissed didn't happen overnight. The staff knew for a while he was a problem. So why would the staff only recruit 1 DT knowing that there was a strong possibility that Jenkins would be booted? Also why would the staff only take Ford willfully knowing that Norton and McIntosh could leave early? Also you can include Willis in both boats-- he has the potential to get booted and or leave early for the draft.

The staff is putting to many eggs in one basket.

One again it's Amatuer hour in gables.

Diaz and Kool clearly don't belong corching at a big time program.

Advertisement
Current staff isn't recruiting DTs any better. Real smart to sign 1 and dismiss one 2 days later. Brilliant

No blame goes to the kid for getting dismissed?

See that's exactly what you and everyone else fails to see. Let me clue you in-

Jenkins getting dismissed didn't happen overnight. It's been apparent the staff gave him chances and ultimately he blew it. Now I don't have a problem with the staff booting him.

My problem lies with the staff not having foresight. Like I mentioned before him getting dismissed didn't happen overnight. The staff knew for a while he was a problem. So why would the staff only recruit 1 DT knowing that there was a strong possibility that Jenkins would be booted? Also why would the staff only take Ford willfully knowing that Norton and McIntosh could leave early? Also you can include Willis in both boats-- he has the potential to get booted and or leave early for the draft.

The staff is putting to many eggs in one basket.

One again it's Amatuer hour in gables.

Whether jenkins got booted or not this was his last year at Miami do depth wise 2017 and beyond it ultimately doesn't matter

Junior Alexis looked like he was ready to burst, not just a bust. He was a believer in the Gordlen Cheeseburger theory.

Agree,Kool has killed it at DE but Martin and Ford in 2 classes is alarming for a guy who some consider the top DL coach in the game.

You guys realize that Kool has always recruited 3* players across the D-Line and developed them into All-Conference players right? He's done this before. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

Advertisement
RJ McIntosh.

Not a bust (a beast)

Norton
Not a bust (a beast)

RJ was DE and Norton was an OL

Yes, that's how they were listed, but didn't we recruit RJ as a DT (I think I heard "3 tech" whatever that means) and Norton as a NG? I also seem to remember that RJ was around 265 lbs on signing day. That would mean he had a year and a half to gain the 15-20 lbs needed to be a DT at the college level. Obviously, Norton was larger, already big enough for NG.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Advertisement
Makes me SUPER nervous reading this considering we only added 1 DT over the past two classes. You should always add 2 DTs every single class, as like OL, it's a coin toss that they'll develop to expectation on the field (and stay out of trouble off the field). We need to find at least 1 transfer more for this class, and then another 2 HS seniors plus 1 transfer for next class.

Golden left the roster stacked at DL. No refuting that.

This staff has dropped the ball recruiting DL so far. Some quality players have been brought in but not enough.

Jackson, Garvin, Johnson, Bethel, Martin, Ford over two cycles is not good enough imo.

Advertisement
Come on man. Golden was terrible at recruiting DL in his first couple years and even worse at running a defensive scheme to help these players succeed.

However, he is 100% responsible for recruiting the dominant front 7 we now have. They wouldn't be this explosive with that Al Groh defense, but he is the person who got all those guys here more than anybody else.

Advertisement
Back