DT Joseph Wicker update

D

deleted3746

Advertisement
Jethro recruiting him means he is going elsewhere. Dude can't close a solid DT to save his life.

I have more confidence in winning the lottery than in Miami landing a stud DT out of high school.

he decommited a while ago so there's nothing new with regards to his recruitment. it's gonna be a really hard to get him out of the west coast. I find it odd though that he doesnt have an offer from either USC or UCLA.

Advertisement
he decommited a while ago so there's nothing new with regards to his recruitment. it's gonna be a really hard to get him out of the west coast. I find it odd though that he doesnt have an offer from either USC or UCLA.

USC is set to land 3-4 5* D-lineman and leave out a few that are top 100-150 guys.

To pull big names from OOS, Miami has to win big games in national tv & get ranked highly. W/o that it will be tougher to pull guys away (unless they're from NJ).

Advertisement

- Talks to Jethro Franklin, they get into everything about the school told he could be an impact player on their defense anywhere along the line. Jethro was hoping he could go unofficially for a camp but Wickers family couldn’t afford it.
- He's been dying to visit Miami
- On not being able to visit Miami yet, “It’s frustrating but I’m not that worried since I know I’ll make it out there eventually,” Wicker said. “I’ve been looking at Miami for too long not to take that trip."
- Favorite choices are Miami, Washington, Notre Dame, Arizona State, and Arizona. he is taking all of his official visits but Miami and Notre Dame are only ones he's positive about.

- Talks to Jethro Franklin, they get into everything about the school told he could be an impact player on their defense anywhere along the line. Jethro was hoping he could go unofficially for a camp but Wickers family couldn’t afford it.
- On not being able to visit Miami yet, “It’s frustrating but I’m not that worried since I know I’ll make it out there eventually,” Wicker said. “I’ve been looking at Miami for too long not to take that trip."
- Favorite choices are Miami, Washington, Notre Dame, Arizona State, and Arizona. he is taking all of his official visits but Miami and Notre Dame are only ones he's positive about.

Im late on his recruitment but please tell me Carroll is recruiting him hard too

Im late on his recruitment but please tell me Carroll is recruiting him hard too
i just flicked through other articles on him about Miami and no mention of Carroll, but i'd assume Carroll would be involved with him with his Cali connections. Kid seems to really like Jethro though.

i just flicked through other articles on him about Miami and no mention of Carroll, but i'd assume Carroll would be involved with him with his Cali connections. Kid seems to really like Jethro though.
I get that many kids like Jethro so I never doubt that but to finish the job is always a struggle and a Cali kid especially will be difficult which is why im begging for Carroll to be a big part too

Advertisement
Here is an interesting evaluation on the young from article I read.

http://sonofacoach.com/joseph-wicker/

It’s not often that a 4 star player from Long Beach Poly does not ultimately end up at USC, but that looks like it could be the case for Joseph Wicker. He currently does not have an offer from the Trojans, but that doesn’t mean he’s not a talented defensive line prospect.

Wicker flashes the raw tools to develop into an outstanding player at the next level and they just might end up regretting it if they don’t end up extending an offer to him.

Height: 6’4″

Weight: 265

Athletic ability/measurables

Wicker is a good athlete than moves well for his size. He plays with great power and that will only improve once he gets to a college program. He is going to have to add weight once he moves inside as a defensive tackle, but has the frame to do so. He has extremely long arms that will help in a variety of ways as a defensive lineman.

Skills/technique

Wicker flat out gets off on the ball. He plays with good pad level and can jolt offensive lineman back by being explosive and separating with his punch. He is extremely tough for an offensive lineman to block when he slants inside. He needs to improve on his reads and ball location, but that will become more natural for him the more reps he gets.

As a pass rusher, he flashed a nice dip and rip off the edge. He has a great bull rush where he gets underneath the pads of a tackle and can put him on roller skates. Overall though, he has limited pass rush moves. He needs to work on his hands and work more of an edge on a consistent basis when rushing the passer.

He has the length and the power to become an elite interior pass rusher if he puts in the work.

Scheme fit

In a 4-3 defense, Wicker will end up playing the three technique. If he ends up at a school that runs a 30 front, he will likely play end.

Potential

Wicker may be physically ready to contribute early, but it might a year or two before anyone sees the kind of production that he is capable of. Even without the technical improvement in his game, he still could play at the next level. But if he does work on the things that are necessary for him to succeed as a pass rusher, he could be a big time player in a team’s defense.

Last edited:
247 update names Miami as his leader and he will OV to Miami, ASU, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, and Washington.

Advertisement
VT didnt leave here a happy person i dont think. i am sure he is promoting miami to anyone.

Wait so you mean not 1 but 2 California dts are very interested in UM? Oh but theres no way they can come here

I mean, it's not impossible. But our track record over the last let's-call-it-a-decade doesn't bode well.

Kaaya was an under-the-radar guy we got early, USC passed on Telemaque...who else is there? And don't say D.J. Williams. That was 15 years ago.

Wait so you mean not 1 but 2 California dts are very interested in UM? Oh but theres no way they can come here

125.jpg

Advertisement
Back