DT Isaiah Hastings (commits to Mizz 1.15.24)

it’s a 5 team race

Michigan - great tradition, very strong relationship with coaching staff, close proximity to home

Miami - great tradition, strong relationship with Coach Simpson

Missouri - very strong relationship with defensive line coach

Oregon - strong program, strong head coach, a lot of young talent on defense

Florida - SEC school, winning program, top talent, top coaching, strong relationship with staff

these are the teams that have a realistic shot at Hastings, the other 3 are just smoke & mirrors

Advertisement
The fact you actually get my reference (if you actually do) is impressive!
I went to high school with Rusty Berenson, Red’s youngest son. I also grew up in Ann Arbor. Michigan was a hockey power when I went to college in the early 90’s. And was loaded with Canadian kids.

I went to high school with Rusty Berenson, Red’s youngest son. I also grew up in Ann Arbor. Michigan was a hockey power when I went to college in the early 90’s. And was loaded with Canadian kids.
You know Ricky Willis? Stayed at the ‘Hockey house’ on State Street in 95’ randomly. Drove out for a game, ran into Ricky, hung with the boys all weekend.

Red is an institution.

Michigan has a kid coming in two years that will be the number 1 or 2 pick. Saw him play last year, manchild. Fentilli is the kids name

Never played at Yost, wish I got that chance.

Advertisement
You know Ricky Willis? Stayed at the ‘Hockey house’ on State Street in 95’ randomly. Drove out for a game, ran into Ricky, hung with the boys all weekend.

Red is an institution.

Michigan has a kid coming in two years that will be the number 1 or 2 pick. Saw him play last year, manchild. Fentilli is the kids name

Never played at Yost, wish I got that chance.
I didn’t know Ricky but i graduated and left in ’93.
I’m sure you know but the 1st round of the NHL draft was basically a Michigan draft. Crazy.

Clearwater (Fla.) Academy Intl. DL Isaiah Hastingshas Miami in his top 8 along with Florida, Michigan, Indiana, Missouri, Oregon, Toledo and West Virginia.

“Miami’s in there because of my connection with the coaches,” said Hastings, who got a Cane offer in mid-July and is closing on 30 scholarship offers “Miami, that’s one of my favorites.” Hastings says he’s talking regularly with DL coach Jess Simpson and that “he’s a great coach, has a lot of pro experience, coached in the NFL. I had a great time with him when I was there in July.” Yes, Hastings spent a day on UM’s campus late last month. He says he toured the campus, saw the facilities and left impressed. Hastings also worked out with Simpson that day.

“It was great,” Hastings said. “He showed me some things, and I got to meet all the coaches.” The next step in his recruitment now? “Honestly right now I’m trying to focus on my season, I’m not in a rush,” Hastings says.

He says he’ll be a December signee but has yet to set up any official visits and has no timeline on a decision. “I’m not sure out of the eight which will be official visits,” he says. “But it’s a high chance Miami will be one of the official visits.”Hastings says he has no one in front out of his top eight.

CaneSport’s (hot, so hot 🤪) take

We’ll see if the Canes pursue Hastings hard as things move forward, as there are other DL UM is also hot on the trail of. And Hastings also says that Simpson likes him as an end and tackle - at 6-foot-5 he currently weighs 289 pounds.

Clearwater (Fla.) Academy Intl. DL Isaiah Hastingshas Miami in his top 8 along with Florida, Michigan, Indiana, Missouri, Oregon, Toledo and West Virginia.

“Miami’s in there because of my connection with the coaches,” said Hastings, who got a Cane offer in mid-July and is closing on 30 scholarship offers “Miami, that’s one of my favorites.” Hastings says he’s talking regularly with DL coach Jess Simpson and that “he’s a great coach, has a lot of pro experience, coached in the NFL. I had a great time with him when I was there in July.” Yes, Hastings spent a day on UM’s campus late last month. He says he toured the campus, saw the facilities and left impressed. Hastings also worked out with Simpson that day.

“It was great,” Hastings said. “He showed me some things, and I got to meet all the coaches.” The next step in his recruitment now? “Honestly right now I’m trying to focus on my season, I’m not in a rush,” Hastings says.

He says he’ll be a December signee but has yet to set up any official visits and has no timeline on a decision. “I’m not sure out of the eight which will be official visits,” he says. “But it’s a high chance Miami will be one of the official visits.”Hastings says he has no one in front out of his top eight.

We’ll see if the Canes pursue Hastings hard as things move forward, as there are other DL UM is also hot on the trail of. And Hastings also says that Simpson likes him as an end and tackle - at 6-foot-5 he currently weighs 289 pounds.
Sounds promising. Need to stay on him and get him back on campus for a game.

Canesport is 🗑. Especially Shodell, that dude should've been aborted.

Advertisement
He's not a writer or a media outlet. And they will eventually turn on him the way they do all their other hero's when god forbid he's wrong once, or something changes after he posts it. Rinse. Repeat.

But I digress. We need a DT.
If our writers were capable from a talent perspective we wouldn't have to pedestalize local CIS plugs, but yes, we need some DT's.

Advertisement
He's not a writer or a media outlet. And they will eventually turn on him the way they do all their other hero's when god forbid he's wrong once, or something changes after he posts it. Rinse. Repeat.

But I digress. We need a DT.
Eh, Cribby has been through all of the ups and downs already around here. He's certified. Don't see anything changing that, despite the random ****wads who might be up his back with the way info changes.

Eh, Cribby has been through all of the ups and downs already around here. He's certified. Don't see anything changing that, despite the random ****wads who might be up his back with the way info changes.

100%. And I suspect those ****wads know (or will learn the hard way) that if they get too far up his back and there will be some mauderating in their future.
Fair criticism and disagreement is all good, of course.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back