DT Isaiah Hastings (commits to Mizz 1.15.24)

Advertisement
So do we want this kid? I’m going to make an excel spread sheet so I can keep up w the boards thoughts on who is actually a take.

I’ll help you organize it. Here are your columns:

1. Kids who want to be Canes (you can put the commits here)
2. Kids we don’t want (you can list the kids we’ve offered who don’t have any interest)
3. Kids who don’t have committable offers (you can list the kids who we’ve offered that are committed elsewhere)
4. Kids we’ve cooled on (list the kids who were once commits or rumored to commit who are no longer in the picture)
5. Kids who would commit if we give them the green light (Bear Alexander gets this column to himself)
6. Kids who are at the top of the board (there will be 700 names here but CIS will tell you how to list them)

Lyons and Tarber have no where near the ceiling or athleticism this kid has. Tarber isn’t even a take. Macho came out and said they got questions about the kids motor.
He looks better than Lyons and Tarber right now. He's definitely a better pass rusher. Tarber is mainly just a plugger, 1-tech, immoveable object.
This kid's pass rush technique is outstanding.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ll help you organize it. Here are your columns:

1. Kids who want to be Canes (you can put the commits here)
2. Kids we don’t want (you can list the kids we’ve offered who don’t have any interest)
3. Kids who don’t have committable offers (you can list the kids who we’ve offered that are committed elsewhere)
4. Kids we’ve cooled on (list the kids who were once commits or rumored to commit who are no longer in the picture)
5. Kids who would commit if we give them the green light (Bear Alexander gets this column to himself)
6. Kids who are at the top of the board (there will be 700 names here but CIS will tell you how to list them)

This is a very good start, but you are missing a critical column and No. 3 is a bit overbroad at the moment. I would propose:

3. Kids who don't have committable offers (list the kids who we've offered that are committed to a school that, by CIS logic, is "beneath" UM).
4. Kids who are "making a business decision" (list the kids who we've offered that are committed to any school in the $EC that isn't Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Miss State, or Kentucky, unless one of those four happens to be "paying this year").

Yes he could've. Pop Cooney seemed to be trying hard. He is a legit 6'5 jump ball type..but has good wheels. The only thing he needed adjustment to was the s.fla physicality. Dont know if it was different type of ball in Canada and us having div 1 dbs..but sometimes they frustrated the **** out of him. But he would make a freakish jump ball play everyday in practice. Basketball player..would get mad when I told him he would be a beastly te ( similar to pitts at uf)
He would have been a freak at TE smh

Advertisement
Advertisement
I wouldn't spend much time going after him, it's the culture shock.

An example when I played college ball up here, we had a QB from Montreal, he's black(important for the story) hes name was Wayne Desmond, so I think he was Jamaican, we had a bunch of of guys from Jamican, Haiti and Barbados on our team, either way he got a ship to play in north Texas, not sure the school.

When he went there he was friendly with everyone, so he was chopping it up with the "whites" to start off, then he started chatted up the brothers, then the caucasians didn't like that apparently and when he tried to "go back" and hang with the blacks, they didn't accept him cause of that. Then he ended up essentially in his residence 5hrs away from home hanging out with no one for a year, and no one talked to him on the field.

Yall don't realize how tough this transition is for out if state talent is.

Seems like the problem wasn't the kid but his teammates and the team culture in general.
It's 2021, wtf is this about blacks and whites being separated.

Seems like the problem wasn't the kid but his teammates and the team culture in general.
It's 2021, wtf is this about blacks and whites being separated.
Just passing on information.
This was in 2007 2008 ish.

I agree, that it wasnt the kid, but the teammate and tema culture in general.
That was the point entirely. I hope its changed but I'm sure that uncomfortaility still exists, or just lack of coexistence.

Just passing on information.
This was in 2007 2008 ish.

I agree, that it wasnt the kid, but the teammate and tema culture in general.
That was the point entirely. I hope its changed but I'm sure that uncomfortaility still exists, or just lack of coexistence.

A team where players don't talk to a teammate because he hangs out with blacks or whites is a not a team.

That's a toxic environment and will never have a winning culture, I really doubt that's going on at Miami.

There are many culture shock examples for Miami but race isn't one of them.

Advertisement
Back