2024 DT Francis Brewu - Thomas Worthington HS (Columbus, OH) offered -Pitt Commit

๐™’๐™๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™–๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™š ๐™›๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™จ ๐™—๐™š๐™–๐™จ๐™ฉ

Advertisement
So I went back and watched three of his senior HUDL highlights. Kid is lunch pail in a good way. He does not take plays off, and has an excellent motor. His first step is superior, he can bust doubles and gets leverage with his hands. Very strong. He plays primarily 1-Tech but was at also 3 and even SDE where he had responsibilities for contain. So versatile depending on scheme and down & distance situations.

Brewu is very slippery with good burst, but doesn't have plus top end or closing speed, and of course is a couple inches too short to stack up against the elite DTs. But I can totally see why we would take him. He should definitely be ranked higher, more like a 25-50 DL not a #75 DL -- i.e. a high 3-star. Hope he flips to us.

I think you're right, but could you expand a little bit as to why you think this is an important eval...? Is it more about the player or more about the future of Coach Joe?
I think What d isnโ€™t directly saying is we arenโ€™t getting a top DT (breland, Scott, stone), so we need to nail evals on guys like this, and probably this one specifically as the likely replacement. Just a guess.

I think What d isnโ€™t directly saying is we arenโ€™t getting a top DT (breland, Scott, stone), so we need to nail evals on guys like this, and probably this one specifically as the likely replacement. Just a guess.

Agree. Doesnโ€™t seem like weโ€™re going to get any of the top guys. Which I donโ€™t necessarily blame our current staff for. That hasnโ€™t really happened with any consistency from any staff with our program over the last 20 years. My main issue is that we were sold that narrative at the beginning of the cycle and they have not delivered. Not to go too much off topic.

Patridge is one of the best DL evaluators/coaches in the business. If he wants this guy thatโ€™s good enough for me. Hoping we can add at least McCray from the top tier group to go along with Jones, this guy, and Russell. That would be a solid DT class.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yโ€™all get to stuck in stars, the top Dlineman in history weโ€™re not highly rated guys at all, AD for example

How did he play???
He was solid. Team was totally overmatched. They were down 49-7 at halftime.

He does a good job taking on double and triple teams and typically holds the line or gets into backfield. Iโ€™d say he had 1 sack and 1 other TFL.

Olentangyโ€™s QB is a Penn St commit. They primarily used quick hitting pass plays to get the ball out early and ran to the edges.

Brewu has a 600 pound deadlift and 400 pound bench. Heโ€™s not huge but he can be a good player. Looks a lot like Brandon Deen.

Advertisement
He was solid. Team was totally overmatched. They were down 49-7 at halftime.

He does a good job taking on double and triple teams and typically holds the line or gets into backfield. Iโ€™d say he had 1 sack and 1 other TFL.

Olentangyโ€™s QB is a Penn St commit. They primarily used quick hitting pass plays to get the ball out early and ran to the edges.

Brewu has a 600 pound deadlift and 400 pound bench. Heโ€™s not huge but he can be a good player. Looks a lot like Brandon Deen.
Is he Miami good though? Solid ainโ€™t necessarily good is it?

Is he Miami good though? Solid ainโ€™t necessarily good is it?
Heโ€™s good enough to play at Miami 100%. Would be one of the strongest guys on the team day 1. I donโ€™t think he has the size to be a star, but heโ€™s plenty good enough to play an important role on a good college football team. Heโ€™s also a great student, team leader, and universally respected. That certainly isnโ€™t always the case on a DT.

I can definitely see what Partridge saw and why we have gone at him. I expect him to be in the class at this point and would be a good addition.

Yโ€™all get to stuck in stars, the top Dlineman in history weโ€™re not highly rated guys at all, AD for example
Question. You joined this site yesterday and all 4 of your posts are on this thread. Are you a family member/friend/coach? Plenty of other recruits family members have been here during their recruitment.

Advertisement
Question. You joined this site yesterday and all 4 of your posts are on this thread. Are you a family member/friend/coach? Plenty of other recruits family members have been here during their recruitment.
To be honest I somewhat know the kid, talked to him a couple times and and think heโ€™s a good player but couldnโ€™t make it to the game

Which I donโ€™t necessarily blame our current staff for.
Steve Brule What GIF

Also, coming out of that game, Olentangy has a TE committed to Cincinnati. Gavin Grover. Heโ€™s every bit of 6-6, runs ok, and catches with his hands. If we really want another TE in this class, Iโ€™d take a look here. Heโ€™s got a good future.

Heโ€™s good enough to play at Miami 100%. Would be one of the strongest guys on the team day 1. I donโ€™t think he has the size to be a star, but heโ€™s plenty good enough to play an important role on a good college football team. Heโ€™s also a great student, team leader, and universally respected. That certainly isnโ€™t always the case on a DT.

I can definitely see what Partridge saw and why we have gone at him. I expect him to be in the class at this point and would be a good addition.

Great observations. We need guys like this on roster. They pair up very well with your Leonard Taylor types 1+1 = 3.

Advertisement
Back