DT Depth and Jon Ford

From what I see we only have 3 quality DTs on our roster, Norton, RJ, Moten, I haven't seen Pat Bethel at DT so I don't know how he'll hold up on the interior but he is a good athlete with size. Or only other best option would be for chad to rotate inside.

Advertisement
Chad ain't sliding inside. If any of our DE's had to play inside, I would think Demetrius Jackson would be a decent fit for it.

Either one would probably do fine.

Our DL in order of heaviest to lightest per the rooster:

Molten 315
Norton 312
Fines 300
McIntosh 293
Martin 280
Thomas 275
Bethel 272
Djack 265
JoJack 258
Harris 248
Patchan 240
Johnson 240
Garvin 235

Kendrick norton
Rj mcintosh
Anthony moten
Pat bethel
Jon ford
Tyreic martin
Ryan fines

Some of the potential big Des on the roster can slide inside for a few plays too considering how many talented dends we have. So we have more than enough depth at the position

That's pretty thin Depth at DT, one of our starters get hurt then boom a freshman is in the rotation.

It's not pretty thin, we have seen way worse in 2010-2015

From what I see we only have 3 quality DTs on our roster, Norton, RJ, Moten, I haven't seen Pat Bethel at DT so I don't know how he'll hold up on the interior but he is a good athlete with size. Or only other best option would be for chad to rotate inside.

Pete, dmoney and richt have all commented since the spring that bethel has come on and is looking like a player there. He's a talented player

Jackson is 265 only way he can move inside is obvious pass situations he cannot hold up there at that weight.

Advertisement
Kendrick norton
Rj mcintosh
Anthony moten
Pat bethel
Jon ford
Tyreic martin
Ryan fines

Some of the potential big Des on the roster can slide inside for a few plays too considering how many talented dends we have. So we have more than enough depth at the position

That's pretty thin Depth at DT, one of our starters get hurt then boom a freshman is in the rotation.

It's not pretty thin, we have seen way worse in 2010

3 quality DTs the rest are wait and see or just bodies.

I believe some in this forum were discussing this radical idea weeks ago but in some obvious passing downs it would be interesting to see if we could have a "NASCAR" front four with 4 DE's on the field at the same time. (Sort of like what my Giants did when they had so many DE's a few years back.)

It is not ideal to do in every situation but it could work in some scenarios.

Advertisement
How many other college teams are 5 deep with proven studs at DT? I hear the same whiny **** about our lack of depth every year. UM fans assume everyone else is 5 deep with 5 stars at every position and think UN needs to have stacks of NFL players at every spot to win the fcking Coastal.

Last year, the board was in tears over our LBs.

Didn't we win a NC with Matt Walters logging huge minutes at DT? UM fans used to kill that guy.

How many other college teams are 5 deep with proven studs at DT? I hear the same whiny **** about our lack of depth every year. UM fans assume everyone else is 5 deep with 5 stars at every position and think UM needs to have stacks of NFL players at every spot to win the fcking Coastal.

Didn't we win a NC with Matt Walters logging huge minutes at DT? UM fans used to kill that guy.

Advertisement
How many other college teams are 5 deep with proven studs at DT? I hear the same whiny **** about our lack of depth every year. UM fans assume everyone else is 5 deep with 5 stars at every position and think UN needs to have stacks of NFL players at every spot to win the fcking Coastal.

Word brother.

When your avatar is #5 on our DT depth chart is when we'll be back.

Love the new avatar, BTW.

Kendrick norton
Rj mcintosh
Anthony moten
Pat bethel
Jon ford
Tyreic martin
Ryan fines

In the recent past we had 0 quality DTs.

We're doing fine along the DL for 2017.

It's the impending disaster in 2018 that should have you worried.

Where are the commitments?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kendrick norton
Rj mcintosh
Anthony moten
Pat bethel
Jon ford
Tyreic martin
Ryan fines

They were very of quality just used in the wrong scheme.

They were very of quality just used in the wrong scheme.
The best dt we had in that era was probably Olsen Pierre and he was incredibly average... no they weren't not quality either

Our top 3 guys are NFL bound, with Bethel getting lots of praise. So I expect we'll be okay barring multiple simultaneous injuries. But losing both Jenkins and Willis bites. They can always run with 3 DEs like last year if none of the other DTs (Fines, Martin or Ford) are ready/good enough.

Agree that 2018 is looking too thin. Hopefully at least one of the juniors comes back and Kool picks up a GT/Juco transfer.

How many pages last year were spent counting CBs before dean and Delaney signed? Suddenly CB isn't a concern. This staff will figure it out. They have a year to get a juco (or two), some stud freshmen, or Willis back. Everyone chill.

Advertisement
Back