DT Deadrin Senat

decleated

Enabler
Administrator
Anybody got more info on this Immokalee High School kid?
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/7148/6340101.jpg

UA Combine
Senat (6-1, 290) dominated the competition with his low center of gravity and quickness off the ball.
After the combine he was highlighted as one of the top defensive linemen of the day.
"I just wanted to get better and show everybody what I got," Senat said.
"I know I can get good exposure here and everybody can see me and I just tried to ball to the hardest. I feel like I did great today."

Senat also performed well in the testing portion of the combine, posting a 5.2 in the 40.
He also bench pressed 185 pounds 30 times and felt like he could have done more if he didn't have an injured shoulder.
"I feel like I did a good job with the testing especially after last night I ate some ribs, so I felt kind of heavy."
Senat doesn't have any offers, but he is hearing from Miami, Florida State, FIU, USF, UCF, and Louisville.
He plans to go to as many offseason events so he can earn that first offer.
Senat plans to attend the Miami Junior Day on January 15th. He attended UM's summer camp this past year and also went to three home games.
"Miami is my dream school right now," Senat said. "I want to carry on the tradition Edgerrin James started there."
http://twitter.com/#!/insidetheu

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thanks for the info. At this point, if there is a "DT" next to the name, sign his *** up!

BTW, so sick of seeing and hearing about Louisville...they need to just f*** off already.

41.jpg

42.jpg

Greg Kahn/Staff Immokalee junior Deadrin Senat, 17, center, jokes with teammates, juniors Jacky Marcellus, left,
Kerby Henry, and freshman Alix Doly, background, as they receive treatment in the athletic trainer's office after
football practice at the high school on Wednesday, Nov. 23, 2011. Senat, whose mother died from a spider bite
when he was a freshman, has turned to another family, the football team, to provide an outlet and give support.

43.jpg

There's strong, there's ridiculously strong, and then there's Deadrin Senat.
To ready himself for his new role as a defensive lineman and two-way starter, Senat hit the weights hard this summer.
The Immokalee junior was always in the gym, and by the time the season rolled around,
he had packed on 15 pounds of muscle and could lift more than a small car.
Thanks to work ethic and sheer strength, Senat was an unblockable force on Immokalee's defensive line this season.
The 6-foot-1, 300-pound lineman terrorized opposing offenses on his way to Naples Daily News Defensive Player of the Year honors.

"Deadrin put on so much weight over the summer and his lifts improved so dramatically, we knew he was on the verge of a big season,
" Immokalee coach Jerrod Ackley said. "He had to put himself in a situation where he could play so many reps. He knew he had to be stronger than everyone."

Senat was one of the Indians' best offensive linemen as a sophomore, but his team also needed him on defense this season.
So the junior ramped up his training and conditioning to prepare.Through almost nonstop lifting, Senat has maxed out his bench press at 500 pounds.
He can squat 600 and power clean 315. All that while adding agility and speed. "I got stronger, faster and a little lighter on my feet," Senat said.
"I had to do it for my team." Senat's numbers aren't overly impressive. He finished fourth on the team with 67 tackles and had one sack,
but those numbers don't tell the whole story. Teams purposely ran away from Senat because they knew they couldn't run past him.
With his size, Senat plugged holes to allow his teammates to tackle. The result was an improved Immokalee defense that gave up just
13 points a game until its loss in the Class 5A regional final. Senat has drawn plenty of attention, including looks from Florida State,
Miami and Clemson among other Division I programs. He also was invited to the U.S. Army National Combine in January in San Antonio.
"If he was on the defensive line every rep and didn't play offensive line he would be even more remarkable," Ackley said.
"To see a big guy play 70 plays a game in our hurry-up offense at the level he plays, it just shows what a good athlete he is."

VIDEO

Last edited:
Advertisement
Spider bite? Da ****

The kid's mother died so I'll hold off from the Ibis laughing gif but I definitely did a "WTF" on that one.

Anyway... that recruit advertisement up above has me thinking about asking why this kid doesn't have a Miami offer but I need to see a highlight or two before I go that far.

Don't mess with spiders!
Some of them are deadly and with one bite can destroy your flesh or stop your heart..

Oh I know about the potential dangers from spider bites. I personally just never heard of a recruits mother dying from one. I just wasn't expecting to read that little tidbit in an article about an under the radar recruit lol.

After I read it I wanted to know what kind of spider it was. I could then stop reading the article to go google image search the spider so I know what to be on the lookout for the next few times I go to Miami. Ok not really but I definitely wanted to know what kind of spider it was.

Advertisement
Oh I know about the potential dangers from spider bites. I personally just never heard of a recruits mother dying from one. I just wasn't expecting to read that little tidbit in an article about an under the radar recruit lol.

After I read it I wanted to know what kind of spider it was. I could then stop reading the article to go google image search the spider so I know what to be on the lookout for the next few times I go to Miami. Ok not really but I definitely wanted to know what kind of spider it was.

Down in South Florida beware of the Widows and the Brown Recluse..
http://www.freshfromflorida.com/pi/enpp/ento/venomousspiders.html

I don't think they know what kind of spider it was..

Just before his freshman year, Deadrin lost a big part of his family after his mother, Judy Senat,
died from medical complications as a result of a spider bite. She was 45 years old.
“Out of nowhere, she just fell. We called an ambulance, we rushed to the hospital and that was it.
She was gone,” Senat explained. “After that happened, our whole family just fell apart. None of us were together.
I didn’t see my brother anymore. He went in and out of jail. My sister moved out of the house. I wasn’t with anybody.
My dad would talk to me a little bit and tell me to keep my head up, preach to me a little bit, but that was all.”
After her death, Deadrin could very easily have given in to the negative emotions. He could have let the hatred,
regret or depression consume him. He could have made the wrong choices, done the wrong things, followed the
wrong path just as his brother had. But his mother didn’t raise him like that.
“My mom always wanted me to succeed in life. She wanted the best for me. I just didn’t see that until she passed away,”
Senat, now 17, said. “I was her little baby. When she was alive, all we did was spend time with each other.”

Advertisement

Down in South Florida beware of the Widows and the Brown Recluse..
http://www.freshfromflorida.com/pi/enpp/ento/venomousspiders.html

Definitely not clicking that link and never coming back in this thread

Advertisement
There are folks who are super sensitive to bee stings and can die from a bee. Likewise, spiders. Likewise snakes.

If you have any other circulatory problems or extreme toxin sensitivity, it doesn't take but the right bite and you're takin' a dirt nap.

This kid has good strength and stamina. And heart.

You can never get enough of that.

6'1' seems a bit short. Usually 6'1 = 5'10".

That was my first instinct as well. He doesn't look that tall when you see him in the locker room pic. Based on the looks test alone, he kind of reminds me of Chandler from MNW.

Advertisement
Back