2023 DT Board (2023 Edition)

Advertisement
Something that is concerning is Samu Taumanupepe mentioned in a Texas article that he is putting his recruiting on the back burner in order to focus on academics and his S&C training. The part about having to focus on academics and waiting until after the football season to take official visits leads me to believe his summer commitment is just a place holder because he may have ncaa qualifying issues ( but this is just an assumption).
If he does have academic issues, then a small class environment like UM could very beneficial for the young man.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Any momentum with any DT targets?

Next year's projected DT rotation:
LT (junior)
JHH (junior)
Jackson (junior?)
Jordan Miller (senior - wow it feels like he's been here a decade)
Haye (sophomore)
Moten (freshman or soph)

That's it. We realistically need at least 2 DT's in this class, maybe even 3.
Need much more than two for the 2023 campaign season...

Basically we have LT and D. Jackson. Perhaps JHH stays more year but my bet is he transfers. Jordan Miller will be at Miami 5 years this year. Enrolled in 2018. Doubt he comes back in 2023. Haye is an unknown and Moten hopefully turns into a player. To me, it doesn't appear we will have nearly enough quality and depth.

Think we need 3-4 DT's.

Advertisement
Need much more than two for the 2023 campaign season...

Basically we have LT and D. Jackson. Perhaps JHH stays more year but my bet is he transfers. Jordan Miller will be at Miami 5 years this year. Enrolled in 2018. Doubt he comes back in 2023. Haye is an unknown and Moten hopefully turns into a player. To me, it doesn't appear we will have nearly enough quality and depth.

Think we need 3-4 DT's.
I highly doubt we sign 3 or 4 high school DT's. At this rate, we will be lucky to sign 2. This isn't a deep DT class and there's not a ton of buzz with any of our targets.

I think we will hit the portal for at least 2 DT's, and sign 1 or 2 out of high school. That's the way it is looking right now at least.

2022 NT Alton Tarber signed with Oklahoma not Ga-Tech, so I highly doubt he leaves OU. That oil money and corn feed midwest lady luvin is serious.

Go Canes
Your right on both points...still a kid you keep on the radar and check in with in a few years to see if hes really happy living in Norman so far away from home. Mario said it best in a presser he did a few months ago.."With the transfer portal being the way it is, coming in 2nd place isnt a bad thing anymore". (paraphrasing) I think this was in response to losing out on Shemar Stewart.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well, well, well. IMG DT Will Norman wearing a Miami hat and throwing up the U. Haven't confirmed he's got an offer (or is a take) so not adding him to the OP (yet). But given how we're doing at IMG, suspect the OP will need to be updated

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back