2023 DT Board (2023 Edition)

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Creating a thread to discuss DT recruits. Doesn't seem we're trending well with several candidates that we know about so I'd like to discuss our known priorities and potentially other DTs that we may be silently after. We seem to be recruiting these DTs the hardest (comes from @supacane list). Anyone know/have a feel for the staff priorities in this list and potentially other priority targets

2023 Known Priorities
  • David Hicks
  • Joshua Horton (Commit)
2023 Misses/Whiffs/Deprioritizations
  • James Smith (Bama)
  • John Walker (UCF)
  • Darron Reed (Auburn)
  • LeBlanc (Oklahoma)
  • Jordan "Big Baby" Hall (UGA)
  • Terrance "Mean" Green (Oregon)
  • Peter Woods (Clemson)
  • Kelby Collins (UF)
  • Hunter Osborne (Bama)
  • Xzavier Mcleod (USCe)
  • Kayden McDonald (offered July 13, 2022)
  • Samu Taumanupepe (offered July 15)
  • Terry Simmons Jr (Duke)
  • Sydir Mitchell (bought into the Arch hype/momentum and committed to Texas)

And as usual, what we take in 23 might impact 24 from a spacing standpoint. Will update the OP when more names are available but as usual @Paranos & @Liberty City El provide us the starting point for DTs. I don't see a lot of 2024 DTs being discussed so I definitely need help with the names.

2024 Priorities

TBD

2024 Targets

• D’antre Robinson (Orlando Jones)
  • Dimitry Nicolas (Pace)
  • Jabari Dukes (Champagnat)
  • Jordan Thomas (Don Bosco)
  • Nigel Smith Jr Melissa TX
  • TA Cunningham Alpharetta GA
  • Xavier Porter
  • Eddy Pierre-louis
  • David Stone (IMG)

Last edited:
Advertisement
The DT class nationwide is pretty slim pickings. Alot of tweeners. I think we are all in on Hicks and John Walker. Battles both. Darron Reed trending LSU, really thought we had a good shot there. Seems Ohio and LSU took a lead.

No legit war daddy this year outside of smith and Mitchell and I don’t think Mitchell is that good.

Smith’s recruitment, though, appears really quiet. Would love to snag him in this cycle but hugely unlikely.

Hicks will be a very tough pull even though he and his dad like Miami. That said, I can’t imagine it will be a 1 DT class in Bain.

Created a thread on Walker, can't believe there's not one already.

Creating a thread to discuss DT recruits. Doesn't seem we're trending well with several candidates that we know about so creating a thread to discuss our known priorities and potentially other DTs that we may be silently after. We seem to be recruiting these DTs the hardest (comes from @supacane list). Anyone know/have a feel for the staff priorities in this list and potentially other priority targets

• David Hicks
  • John Walker (trending OSU?)
  • Sydir Mitchell (trending Texas)
  • Darron Reed (trending LSU)
  • James Smith (I haven't seen an update on him in a long time, probably not a good sign)
And as usual, what we take in 23 might impact 24 from a spacing standpoint. Will update the OP when more names are available but as usual @Paranos & @Liberty City El provide us the starting point for DTs. I don't see a lot of 2024 DTs being discussed so I definitely need help with the names.

• Xavier Porter
  • Eddy Pierre-louis
Shemar Stewart / Portal LOL

Advertisement
I know we've been eliminated but is LeBlanc a DT, Edge or a hybrid?

Advertisement
Portal may end up the route. Will be an interesting transfer portal next year, as potential transfers may have existing NIL deals.
Some portal transfers may not have an existing NIL deal and that’s why they are looking to transfer.

Advertisement
If we're being honest here, DT should be more concerning than LB. Really hoping we don't have visibility to what's going behind the scenes. Learned the hard way not to underestimate Mario or our actual position with recruits so no panic here but the public DT board is more barren than the LB board.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back