DT Amir Watts

deerob305

Junior
3-star DT Amir Watts has had 4 crystal ball predictions for Miami within the last 3 days.... does anybody knws whats goin on with him???

Advertisement
Supposedly doesn't have an offer although it's been reported that he does. This kid is an animal

3-star DT Amir Watts has had 4 crystal ball predictions for Miami within the last 3 days.... does anybody knws whats goin on with him???

He wants an offer. Doesn't have one yet. When asked if a Miami offer would lock him in he didn't want to go that far. At 1:20

[video=youtube;XSdwVt_Eri4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSdwVt_Eri4[/video]

He's right on the borderline for this program. I personally would look for more athletic talent in my "borderline" takes, but I wouldn't be upset if we took him.

Advertisement
Given that Richt's only having a couple of months to work with, I'd offer him and get him into this class. But Richt knows more than I do. I just know we could use a DT or two in this class. Most of the others look to be out of reach for us in this cycle.

Per Scout's Greg Biggins:
"Amir Watts was probably the best overall player Friday. He was unblockable. Other guys were kind of getting a little tired, but he was the most dominant player. He was in the backfield on every single play disrupting stuff. You couldn't even run plays. He's 6-2, 270, and an inside guy all the way. He's a really good player."

"Amir Watts was probably the best overall player Friday. He was unblockable. Other guys were kind of getting a little tired, but he was the most dominant player. He was in the backfield on every single play disrupting stuff. You couldn't even run plays. He's 6-2, 270, and an inside guy all the way. He's a really good player."
No wonder Golden didn't want him

Rivals says he has an offer from Pitt, if narduzzi wants him, good enough for me

Advertisement

Here is a link to a thread with the video of his practice performances from day 1 & day 2
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/semperfi-aa-game-west-team-ol-vs-dl-day-2-a/95932

GO canes

He's right on the borderline for this program. I personally would look for more athletic talent in my "borderline" takes, but I wouldn't be upset if we took him.

He is borderline because of his size, not his athleticism. He is a slightly bigger Keir Thomas. Coach Kool would turn him into an animal IMO.

Advertisement

sounds like a "me" guy

I'll let coach kool make that decision. He knows more than me. Kid seems to be doing good but yea not my, or our call.

Advertisement

He is borderline because of his size, not his athleticism. He is a slightly bigger Keir Thomas. Coach Kool would turn him into an animal IMO.

KLeir Thomas isnt even 250. He is way bigger than him if he is any where in the 270 range... Keir thomas is 6'1 240 tops..

Advertisement
Back