DT Adam Torres update

D

deleted3746

• 6-5 270 DT from Lake Mary
  • Claimed offers: Florida St., Miami, South Carolina, USF, FIU, Ga Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, Marshall, Miss St., Missouri, NC State, Nebraska, Rutgers, Tennessee, and Vanderbilt
  • Plans on visiting South Carolina and Florida St. within the next couple of weeks
  • Wants to learn more about South Carolina
  • Previously attended a junior day at USF and took an UOV to Miami in May
  • Liked his Miami visit, is hoping to like his South Carolina and Florida St. visits
  • No favorites
  • Wants to take as many visits as possible

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1290520/adam-torres

http://floridastate.247sports.com/Article/3-star-DT-Adam-Torres-talks-upcoming-July-visits-138853

Advertisement
Wow his strength numbers if accurate are terrible with a 290lb bench press and a 160lb clean and jerk(CJ).

http://www.lakemaryhs.scps.k12.fl.us/athletics/spring/boys_weightlifting/roster.htm

An his hot shot put throw of 38 ft wow ( I would thought he would be much more explosive most top level heavy weights are throwing close to 60ft) , the kid definitely will need a red shirt year and early enrollment to get his strength up to FBS competitive levels. Consider this comparison walk on rb de'andre Johnson throw for over 50 ft in high school at 5'9" 210lbs.

Shot put results from his spring tract season 2013.
http://fl.milesplit.com/teams/LMAY/performances

Ultimately this tells me Torres utilizes more technique combined his share size and first step quickness to beat blocks. I think with a quality FBS S&C regiment he should fill out to 300+lbs no problem. The thing that is puzzling with him being in his high school weight lifting team why are his strength numbers so low, I wondering how seriously they took it.

Lets see how this plays out, I do like the offer as a Florida recruit but I would take Holley, Cory Johnson, or Gaillard before him.

Go Canes

Last edited:
if those are his real strength numbers I would be questionable about this kid. But I've seen staffs that love kids that aren't exposed to strength training and nutrition but have a high ceiling and turn them into quality. I don't really know this kid's story so who knows?

Advertisement
Lots of guys have issue with clean and jerk because of technique .

Oh yeah like UF 2013 DT Joey Ivie ( who UM was his first offer, but jethro blew it)

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5BLS0Uz7Bg[/video]

Last edited:
Lots of guys have issue with clean and jerk because of technique .

Oh yeah like UF 2013 DT Joey Ivie ( who UM was his first offer, but jethro blew it)

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5BLS0Uz7Bg[/video]

Disagree, ivie and his family are big gaytor fans , he was always going there once he received offer.

Btw, my point about c&j was there's kids with great squat numbers and weight room numbers but struggle with c&j because of technique . It matters almost as much as strength.

Last edited:
No way 160 CJ is right. I know some females who can handle that.
My guess is that number is VERY wrong or the right number for another movement. It's a terrible number IF you lift for a CJ. The dam bar is 45 lb's. two 45's ans a few 10's is in no way anything short of hot garbage. With terrible technique he should be throwing more across the room after his workout in anger... for SUCKING if correct lol However, it's nothing a summer of crossfit couldn't fix. NOT A BIG DEAL. P.S. I know at least 10 woman that throw that much up dozens of times in a WOD on a weekly basis.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm not really a fan would rather get the DT from texas dj williams he is already 290 and can get reps early

Tru, zona. But we DON'T have the depth or the talent on the DL to wait for his Sr. year for him to step up. We need DL that can step on the field by 2016 (Jr. season or RS soph. season) at the least. Maybe even by 2015. **** i wouldnt mind seeing them ready enough to get a few snaps as True Fr.

Advertisement
Mark Caesar could only bench 135 when he got here. He was JAG, but stepped it up his senior season.

UM plays a different style of defense now where strength in the interior dline players is preferred , since they need to read and react. When Ceasar played it was pick a gap and go attacking style defense.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Well unless his mom has been to Miami, that pretty much spells out his intention to commit to FSU where they will most likely make him an Olinemen. Funny how this kid initially gave an interview to the Orlando Sentinel where he said he grow up hating Olinemen because he has always played Dline, and yet FSU offered him exclusively as a OL, but after a few weeks of protest they told him they would try him at both (knowing full well they will make him on OL the minute he is on campus). Yet UM offered Torres as a DT all the way and he would rather believe a the lie FSU is telling him then play for UM, sounds like this may have been a wasted effort on UM's part.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back