Drug Use, Addiction, & Society (f/k/a Chris Graves (enters the Portal))

Advertisement
Several studies supporting the negative effects of cannabis on the developing brain. Especially young men.

However, they really haven’t done that manny and there are a lot of variables involved and you also have to ask who funded the studies

As far Lil Wayne goes, let’s just say that weed is low on the totem pole of what is causing his memory loss and I’ll leave it at that.

Alcohol by leaps and bounds has caused and continues to cause more damage in all facets of life and society than any other illegal drug.

I’m not gonna get into the topic of why prohibition ended or why it was instituted to begin with. But you cannot argue with the fact that people were killing themselves in broad daylight during prohibition for control over their legal alcohol trade. Since we live in a society that forgets about history just look up the Saint Valentine’s Day massacre. What about pictures from the famous black and white photographer Weegee. He was photographing aspects of the criminal underworld back in the day. He’s got plenty of pictures of people that were just whacked in the middle of the street both at night and in broad daylight in front of everybody.
Violent crime that’s associated with an illegal trade that’s extremely profitable sees no race, color, creed or religion.
Some of the most violent crimes committed in our society, were committed from the poorest immigrants from all facets of life. We’ve had Italian, Irish and jue ish mobsters in this country killing people with automatic weapons in the 20’s.

Coffee.tea, sugar, cigarettes and alcohol combined dwarf the drug trade.

As KRS-1 said
“illegal business controls America”
I'm not sure the point, but mostly what you cite are organized crime groups killing fellow criminals, not random innocent people on the street. You cite St. Valentine's Day (Thompson SMGs that were used could be legally owned by Americans in the 1920s) and other hits. The Italian mob had pretty strict rules about not killing cops or innocent people when that made a difference to the public. As our government likes to characterize their type of killing, they were more surgical strikes with very little or no collateral damage.

Even the Columbians and Cubans kept it mostly to their targets during the 1970s and 1980s cocaine wars. I remember a shootout in a Big Daddy's parking lot in Dadeland Mall in 1979. Wild gun fight in the store and parking lot with the two targets killed; I don't recall any civilians killed. Amazing with the amount of bullets flying according to the coverage. They found the getaway van loaded with weapons, including a crew-served machine gun (illegal).

There will always be turf wars over illegal goods. But innocent people began dying in droves (long after the ban on automatic weapons in 1934) when the Russian and newer mobs grew in prominence in major American cities. Add to that less disciplined street gangs spraying dwellings with AK-47s in Drive-bys or not being able to shoot straight, and more innocents began dying than their fellow criminal enterprise targets.

I'm not sure the point, but mostly what you cite are organized crime groups killing fellow criminals, not random innocent people on the street. You cite St. Valentine's Day (Thompson SMGs that were used could be legally owned by Americans in the 1920s) and other hits. The Italian mob had pretty strict rules about not killing cops or innocent people when that made a difference to the public. As our government likes to characterize their type of killing, they were more surgical strikes with very little or no collateral damage.

Even the Columbians and Cubans kept it mostly to their targets during the 1970s and 1980s cocaine wars. I remember a shootout in a Big Daddy's parking lot in Dadeland Mall in 1979. Wild gun fight in the store and parking lot with the two targets killed; I don't recall any civilians killed. Amazing with the amount of bullets flying according to the coverage. They found the getaway van loaded with weapons, including a crew-served machine gun (illegal).

There will always be turf wars over illegal goods. But innocent people began dying in droves (long after the ban on automatic weapons in 1934) when the Russian and newer mobs grew in prominence in major American cities. Add to that less disciplined street gangs spraying dwellings with AK-47s in Drive-bys or not being able to shoot straight, and more innocents began dying than their fellow criminal enterprise targets.
To me it’s just a question of size and availability and time.
As a person who lived in nyc in the 70’s I can attest to the Italian mob not going after women and children.
But that doesn’t mean that killing people for control of their business for not agreeing to mob terms is any less cruel.
And it also doesn’t mean that those illegal activities spread to those that weren’t under their control or people that they didn’t care about.

The point I’m making is that any illegal trade will lead to killing.

Prohibition lasted 13 years and look at all the violence and death that those 13 years caused in just a few cities.

But most drugs have been illegal since around ww2 and some even before that.

If prohibition wouldn’t have ended, all of that illegal trade would’ve grown and spread all over America and the Fckng government knew it and that why they stopped it.

No way the 5 families were gonna control what goes on in Little Rock or or St Louis.

In other words imagine all the alcohol in circulation in the United stated right now being trafficked illegally in the streets. You think your gonna avoid gang violence at the street level all over the country because “the big guy said no innocent people”

There are tons upon tons of cocaine and heroin in the streets of America and a lot of it are in the most poor and violent communities. And those communities became that way due to about 100 years of illegal drug trafficking.

Imaging what 100 years of illegal alcohol trafficking would’ve done.
It would be no different than what’s going on now with cocaine meth and heroin.

Prohibition saw a rise in deaths and illness due to moonshining.
The prison system almost broke and overcrowding was a huge problem.
Public officials and police were corrupted.

Sound familiar? And that was just 13 years.

pain management docs would disagree with you (you dont need to smoke it obviously) but med weed absolutely does help with pain management and recovery and is a far better alternative than taking opiates and others.
Pain management Docs sit on both sides of the argument - and I have found it incredibly hypocritical of some that they only flipped their stance after personally investing in marijuana companies. I’ve been involved in pain management a long time and can say those who use opioids responsibly can benefit tremendously from them without getting addicted and they are much much better for breakthrough pain and flare ups than any weed based treatment. Chronic mild pain or aches might be different.

80% of the guys I know who use pain as a justification to smoke weed do it bc of how it makes their brain feel and bc of stress or anxiety, not truly bc of physical pain.

So anotherwords you're all for decriminalized users mainly lower income drugs it seems or atleast just simple consumption. Yet you want harsher laws for the people who supply them? One doesn't exist without the other. Personally I'm tired of how everyone needs to be a victim in this country. Nobody can simply own to the fact that their responsible for themselves and their choices and how they're ******* up everyone's lives. Users just as much scum as the dealers are scum. So to make one easy on the other or making it hard on the individual keeping them fed seems counterproductive. The things going on in this country now Don't even make any version of sense any longer. We need to face what's going on with our society & own that ****. You have multiple cities all throughout America now where the police flat out decriminalized anything outside of capital murder and even that they're skeptical towards You can go towards Portland to Seattle to Atlanta to New York to Los Angeles to San Diego etc etc etc for all of them are have areas that police won't come anywhere near smoke crack out in the middle of the streets in Portland right now they're flat out giving out fentanyl and crack pipes and needles for free the police are giving out needles in crack pipes to citizens It seems like we're focusing on all our wrong problems. You know where none of this stuff goes on All the countries that are strict on their laws go to Dubai and see how you can walk around with nothing You can walk around with not one ounce of fear because no matter what you have people there know if they **** up It's rap. ain't going to play with them they don't think anybody's a victim they don't do all that dumb ****. If you **** up in Dubai you're going to disappear that's what needs to start going on here. You get caught being a dreg to society. Well time to get rid of one more dreg...
Busch Beer GIF by Busch

Advertisement
To me it’s just a question of size and availability and time.
As a person who lived in nyc in the 70’s I can attest to the Italian mob not going after women and children.
But that doesn’t mean that killing people for control of their business for not agreeing to mob terms is any less cruel.
And it also doesn’t mean that those illegal activities spread to those that weren’t under their control or people that they didn’t care about.

The point I’m making is that any illegal trade will lead to killing.

Prohibition lasted 13 years and look at all the violence and death that those 13 years caused in just a few cities.

But most drugs have been illegal since around ww2 and some even before that.

If prohibition wouldn’t have ended, all of that illegal trade would’ve grown and spread all over America and the Fckng government knew it and that why they stopped it.

No way the 5 families were gonna control what goes on in Little Rock or or St Louis.

In other words imagine all the alcohol in circulation in the United stated right now being trafficked illegally in the streets. You think your gonna avoid gang violence at the street level all over the country because “the big guy said no innocent people”

There are tons upon tons of cocaine and heroin in the streets of America and a lot of it are in the most poor and violent communities. And those communities became that way due to about 100 years of illegal drug trafficking.

Imaging what 100 years of illegal alcohol trafficking would’ve done.
It would be no different than what’s going on now with cocaine meth and heroin.

Prohibition saw a rise in deaths and illness due to moonshining.
The prison system almost broke and overcrowding was a huge problem.
Public officials and police were corrupted.

Sound familiar? And that was just 13 years.
It allowed organized crime to become established.

Also worth noting is that the St Valentine's Day Massacre was the execution of 7 gang members in Chicago. How many gang members die on an average weekend now in Chicago?

It allowed organized crime to become established.

Also worth noting is that the St Valentine's Day Massacre was the execution of 7 gang members in Chicago. How many gang members die on an average weekend now in Chicago?
A lot.
But like I said. It’s because of generations of violence in areas wretched with poverty and broken families.
Not excusing it or justifying it.

But killing 7 gangsters in the morning in a parking lot with several dudes wearing police uniforms in 1929 was completely unheard of and it shook the nation. It made legends out of men like Al Capone.

Sadly, Almost 100 years later it seems like no big deal.
Consider the dude n Las Vegas firing out that window.

But This was front page news all over the world back then.
Let’s not downplay what happened just because it pales in comparison to what we see in several cities in America now.

But I guarantee you that if a group of gang members rounded up 10 drug dealers and shot them at 10 am like a **** firing squad in cold blood while wearing dea jackets and shooting ar-15s; it would still be one he ll of a headline.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Although most of those non-graduates won’t be eligible to play this season (since undergrads entering the portal at this point aren’t eligible for the one-time transfer exception), there are some exceptions.

Two examples are transfers who committed to new schools on Sunday: former Northwestern offensive lineman Dylan Senda, who committed to Auburn, and ex-Miami cornerback Chris Graves, who’s headed to Ole Miss.

The Graves situation is particularly interesting.

While Senda and other recent transfers from Northwestern are immediately eligible because of the Wildcats firing head coach Pat Fitzgerald, Graves is expected to be eligible because of a lesser-known exception.

Like others such as former Baylor and new Texas Tech defensive back A.J. McCarty, Graves’ aid was cancelled by his previous school. The cancellation of aid, according to sources, is why players like McCarty and Graves are expected to be immediately eligible this season despite being undergraduates and despite entering the portal outside of the portal windows.

An interesting potential loophole, right? That exception isn’t for everyone whose aid is cancelled, though.

For example, another recent Ole Miss addition, ex-Clemson linebacker T.J. Dudley, isn’t expected to be eligible this season even though his aid was cancelled by Clemson. The reason for that seems to be, per sources, because Dudley was dismissed at his previous school for a violation of team rules. Being dismissed for a violation of team rules apparently prevents a player from being immediately eligible for a new team even if his aid was cancelled by the previous school.

Can we change the title of the thread. C’mon. Not necessary.

Advertisement
Just lock it. The kid is gone and is locked in with another school. No reason to discuss any further.
Im not a fan of locking every ******* thread either but the title is more WEZ than CIS.. That locking every thread is lame af.. This is a message board..

Pain management Docs sit on both sides of the argument - and I have found it incredibly hypocritical of some that they only flipped their stance after personally investing in marijuana companies. I’ve been involved in pain management a long time and can say those who use opioids responsibly can benefit tremendously from them without getting addicted and they are much much better for breakthrough pain and flare ups than any weed based treatment. Chronic mild pain or aches might be different.

80% of the guys I know who use pain as a justification to smoke weed do it bc of how it makes their brain feel and bc of stress or anxiety, not truly bc of physical pain.
The weed sh facts

Pain my *** lol (pause). Smoke to smoke cause it makes u feel good.

Advertisement
Back