Drug Use, Addiction, & Society (f/k/a Chris Graves (enters the Portal))

My grandpa smoked two packs a day for his whole life and lived to be 93, therefore smoking must be safe.

Advertisement
Think about this logically and ask yourself. Is entering the portal this late a decision that makes sense from a players standpoint? Simple answer is no.

Now remember the other side… every portal entry isn’t voluntary. I’m just saying. Odds are this has nothing to do with competing.

If it doesn’t make sense 9 times out of 10 it’s something else at play.
exactly he was pushed out by the staff.

These kids are getting godawful advice from whoever they have in their ear.

He should've entered the portal back in April, or thugged it out on special teams/garbage time this season then enter in December. Now he's stuck in no man's land because no team is reaching in the portal 10 days before fall camp starts.

Unless an off the field incident happened where the program nudged him into the portal, this is just flat out stupid on his part.
Marcus Clarke did the same thing last year and ended up getting alot of playing time , the kid will be fine.

Advertisement
So anotherwords you're all for decriminalized users mainly lower income drugs it seems or atleast just simple consumption. Yet you want harsher laws for the people who supply them? One doesn't exist without the other. Personally I'm tired of how everyone needs to be a victim in this country. Nobody can simply own to the fact that their responsible for themselves and their choices and how they're ******* up everyone's lives. Users just as much scum as the dealers are scum. So to make one easy on the other or making it hard on the individual keeping them fed seems counterproductive. The things going on in this country now Don't even make any version of sense any longer. We need to face what's going on with our society & own that ****. You have multiple cities all throughout America now where the police flat out decriminalized anything outside of capital murder and even that they're skeptical towards You can go towards Portland to Seattle to Atlanta to New York to Los Angeles to San Diego etc etc etc for all of them are have areas that police won't come anywhere near smoke crack out in the middle of the streets in Portland right now they're flat out giving out fentanyl and crack pipes and needles for free the police are giving out needles in crack pipes to citizens It seems like we're focusing on all our wrong problems. You know where none of this stuff goes on All the countries that are strict on their laws go to Dubai and see how you can walk around with nothing You can walk around with not one ounce of fear because no matter what you have people there know if they **** up It's rap. ain't going to play with them they don't think anybody's a victim they don't do all that dumb ****. If you **** up in Dubai you're going to disappear that's what needs to start going on here. You get caught being a dreg to society. Well time to get rid of one more dreg...
I wouldn't want to trade my freedom for the facade of safety Dubai's culture brings. Sure you're safe to walk the street. Are you safe to question their leader.
Our real problem isn't drug users. It starts way before that - Education, Family Life, Health Care, etc. We shouldn't look to the middle east as an example of how our society should run. But no question we need change.

I wouldn't want to trade my freedom for the facade of safety Dubai's culture brings. Sure you're safe to walk the street. Are you safe to question their leader.
Our real problem isn't drug users. It starts way before that - Education, Family Life, Health Care, etc. We shouldn't look to the middle east as an example of how our society should run. But no question we need change.
#1 the topic was specific to a certain point... I have a residence over there and I'm more than aware of any plusses and minuses daily life may bring. It's nowhere near a facade of freedom. But I won't further go down this road myself as I don't care one way or the other. I'm also plenty aware where society breaks down here & wasn't citing Dubai as an example for all of that. It was specific to a certain topic. It's how we deal with criminals. Which if you read the conversation you would've seen that emphasized. None of it will matter regardless because in this country everything is taken for granted. We are a broken culture and it's only getting worse. I don't need some stupid *** holding up a black lives matter or an I support lgbtq or whatever other letters go along with it to distract me. This country people are simply too stupid to understand the war on their hands & they'll happily stay focused on material gains & all their other personal agendas... Sadly enough I don't see anything here changing for the better anytime soon because no one understands the real enemy to focus on... Life is full of distractions and here that's all that matters.

#1 the topic was specific to a certain point... I have a residence over there and I'm more than aware of any plusses and minuses daily life may bring. It's nowhere near a facade of freedom. But I won't further go down this road myself as I don't care one way or the other. I'm also plenty aware where society breaks down here & wasn't citing Dubai as an example for all of that. It was specific to a certain topic. It's how we deal with criminals. Which if you read the conversation you would've seen that emphasized. None of it will matter regardless because in this country everything is taken for granted. We are a broken culture and it's only getting worse. I don't need some stupid *** holding up a black lives matter or an I support lgbtq or whatever other letters go along with it to distract me. This country people are simply too stupid to understand the war on their hands & they'll happily stay focused on material gains & all their other personal agendas... Sadly enough I don't see anything here changing for the better anytime soon because no one understands the real enemy to focus on... Life is full of distractions and here that's all that matters.

This is code for foreign money will finance the new stadium… strong work as usual 😎

Advertisement
I get what you're saying. I don't think the future is so bleak though. Ultimately we still have our X factors going strong - Capitalism & Technology baby. That's not going away. We're going to make energy go to zero, have full control of chips+batteries, and will win in AI. Right now the <10% on each side has an outsized voice, and some dumbass "leaders" are steering their cities straight off a cliff (like SF). Either they will course correct or die, and other cities will learn from their mistakes.

Prime example of a kid who is glorified on here for having all the potential but never puts it all together to actually be trusted and get on the field. We won’t win with a roster full of these kids (nothing against the kid). We need Day 1 dudes and backfill with Day 1 dudes.
Actually you do win with a roster full of these types of kids. some of them eventually do become good to great players and some don’t.

So anotherwords you're all for decriminalized users mainly lower income drugs it seems or atleast just simple consumption. Yet you want harsher laws for the people who supply them? One doesn't exist without the other. Personally I'm tired of how everyone needs to be a victim in this country. Nobody can simply own to the fact that their responsible for themselves and their choices and how they're ******* up everyone's lives. Users just as much scum as the dealers are scum. So to make one easy on the other or making it hard on the individual keeping them fed seems counterproductive. The things going on in this country now Don't even make any version of sense any longer. We need to face what's going on with our society & own that ****. You have multiple cities all throughout America now where the police flat out decriminalized anything outside of capital murder and even that they're skeptical towards You can go towards Portland to Seattle to Atlanta to New York to Los Angeles to San Diego etc etc etc for all of them are have areas that police won't come anywhere near smoke crack out in the middle of the streets in Portland right now they're flat out giving out fentanyl and crack pipes and needles for free the police are giving out needles in crack pipes to citizens It seems like we're focusing on all our wrong problems. You know where none of this stuff goes on All the countries that are strict on their laws go to Dubai and see how you can walk around with nothing You can walk around with not one ounce of fear because no matter what you have people there know if they **** up It's rap. ain't going to play with them they don't think anybody's a victim they don't do all that dumb ****. If you **** up in Dubai you're going to disappear that's what needs to start going on here. You get caught being a dreg to society. Well time to get rid of one more dreg...
I agree with you a million percent . I live in UAE and it’s awesome here.

Advertisement
I’m a glutton for punishment. Lol. Nah, seriously after Mike & Calvin was hyped so much here, I went back & started paying attention to how God awful our JUCO recruiting had been, particularly on defense & those names never escaped me. Lol. Chit, I’m probably missing some, but It was a “WITF”moment. Since then, I’ve been heavy on JUCO + Miami.

It’s been tough, & Dean took me out. Lol

That was a result of WEfense more than anything. Kamalu actually ended up making a couple teams 53 man rosters. Wyche ended up balling out at an HBCU and was in the Packers camp before He walked away after His nephew got murdered. Wyche talked about His time here, said WEfense ******* e d Him up.

You, too, got sucked into a winning battle with @calinative umstudent , the guy who never met a hill he wasn't willing to die on...

That was a result of WEfense more than anything. Kamalu actually ended up making a couple teams 53 man rosters. Wyche ended up balling out at an HBCU and was in the Packers camp before He walked away after His nephew got murdered. Wyche talked about His time here, said WEfense ******* e d Him up.

Listen friend;

Kamalu went undrafted and did absolutely chit in The NFL. Yes, he has a SB ring being on the NE roster, but dude was out of the league ASAP. Wyche was NEVER P5 material. He wasn’t even G5 material, so him doing well at the FCS level is where he should’ve been. He played at a **** poor CC in L.A and wasn’t very good there that garnished him coming here. That was an egregious evaluation error. Wefense was an absolutely horrible concept, & I agree that it f’d up many players, but those aforementioned JUCO players could’ve had Randy Shannon as their DC in his prime, & I can **** near guarantee u their results would’ve been the same.

Those were poor evals; I said this about Wyche:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back