Drug Use, Addiction, & Society (f/k/a Chris Graves (enters the Portal))

Millions of people around the world use drugs and alcohol every day without developing addictions or having them negatively affect their lives. Don’t punish people because a minority of them can’t handle themselves.

Advertisement
I didn't say it did , I said Alcohol can... I said to much weed can mess you up... Only used Alcohol as a reference of something being legal doesn't mean it can't hurt you... Abuse is abuse any way you look at it... Take to many Tylenol and you can have issues... Eat to many cookies and you can have issues ... there's a multitude of legal things out there that if done in excess can harm or potentially kill you....
It's more than proven that long term pot smoking in excess can have negative effects on a person...
Drink too much water too fast and you will die.

Millions of people around the world use drugs and alcohol every day without developing addictions or having them negatively affect their lives. Don’t punish people because a minority of them can’t handle themselves.

Who? I come from a family of functioning alcoholics, & 2 are dead b/c it caught up w/ them. Just b/c someone can handle their liquor or handle their blow don’t mean that **** won’t speed up that clock quicker than it should.

And to add further context, I have a bad homegirl who smoked weed daily, 2x/day from the age of 13 - present. She recently got off, why? B/c she realized she couldn’t remember **** anymore. U know what she found out from her primary physician? That studies have shown that years of daily use of marijuana (THC) have caused short term memory impairment.

****, this fool Lil Wayne just admitted that he can’t remember chit from his Carter Albums so they don’t mean nothing to him. Do u think by any chance that wasn’t caused by the amount of lean & weed and other chit he’s taken? Do I need to remind u of ALLLLLL the rappers/rock starts who died early from mixing dranks or OD’ing?

Are we talking street level users or dealers??? I mean users will always get the short end of the stick in that regard and is why I say I prefer de-criminalization... I don't want to see someone get arrested for smoking a joint or having a few joints on them.... but if we're talking dealers and producers then yea I'm for harsher laws and such ...and I'm talking harder drugs - Coke production, Heroin, and such like that...
So anotherwords you're all for decriminalized users mainly lower income drugs it seems or atleast just simple consumption. Yet you want harsher laws for the people who supply them? One doesn't exist without the other. Personally I'm tired of how everyone needs to be a victim in this country. Nobody can simply own to the fact that their responsible for themselves and their choices and how they're ******* up everyone's lives. Users just as much scum as the dealers are scum. So to make one easy on the other or making it hard on the individual keeping them fed seems counterproductive. The things going on in this country now Don't even make any version of sense any longer. We need to face what's going on with our society & own that ****. You have multiple cities all throughout America now where the police flat out decriminalized anything outside of capital murder and even that they're skeptical towards You can go towards Portland to Seattle to Atlanta to New York to Los Angeles to San Diego etc etc etc for all of them are have areas that police won't come anywhere near smoke crack out in the middle of the streets in Portland right now they're flat out giving out fentanyl and crack pipes and needles for free the police are giving out needles in crack pipes to citizens It seems like we're focusing on all our wrong problems. You know where none of this stuff goes on All the countries that are strict on their laws go to Dubai and see how you can walk around with nothing You can walk around with not one ounce of fear because no matter what you have people there know if they **** up It's rap. ain't going to play with them they don't think anybody's a victim they don't do all that dumb ****. If you **** up in Dubai you're going to disappear that's what needs to start going on here. You get caught being a dreg to society. Well time to get rid of one more dreg...

Advertisement
Who? I come from a family of functioning alcoholics, & 2 are dead b/c it caught up w/ them. Just b/c someone can handle their liquor or handle their blow don’t mean that **** won’t speed up that clock quicker than it should.

And to add further context, I have a bad homegirl who smoked weed daily, 2x/day from the age of 13 - present. She recently got off, why? B/c she realized she couldn’t remember **** anymore. U know what she found out from her primary physician? That studies have shown that years of daily use of marijuana (THC) have caused short term memory impairment.

****, this fool Lil Wayne just admitted that he can’t remember chit from his Carter Albums so they don’t mean nothing to him. Do u think by any chance that wasn’t caused by the amount of lean & weed and other chit he’s taken? Do I need to remind u of ALLLLLL the rappers/rock starts who died early from mixing dranks or OD’ing?
Maannnn...Cot **** Lie in regards to "Memory Loss" from Marijuana usage...I've smoked since 1975....ain't no UM stuff (Games,Stats,..etc...) or recipes/Food have I forgotten...

Lol for every functional alcoholic, there’s thousands if not millions of people who have a few drinks on a weekend and it never affects them. For every person who smokes weed every day, there are millions who smoke occasionally and have no ill effects. A guy who smoked weed and drank Codiene cough syrup 24/7 now has memory problems? Probably a bad move.

Wanting to make drugs and alcohol illegal because a small percentage of users can’t control themselves is akin to making cars illegally because some people can’t drive worth a ****.

Edit: ok I see where there was confusion. I meant, every day there are people drinking and doing drugs, not people doing drugs every day

Last edited:
So anotherwords you're all for decriminalized users mainly lower income drugs it seems or atleast just simple consumption. Yet you want harsher laws for the people who supply them? One doesn't exist without the other. Personally I'm tired of how everyone needs to be a victim in this country. Nobody can simply own to the fact that their responsible for themselves and their choices and how they're ******* up everyone's lives. Users just as much scum as the dealers are scum. So to make one easy on the other or making it hard on the individual keeping them fed seems counterproductive. The things going on in this country now Don't even make any version of sense any longer. We need to face what's going on with our society & own that ****. You have multiple cities all throughout America now where the police flat out decriminalized anything outside of capital murder and even that they're skeptical towards You can go towards Portland to Seattle to Atlanta to New York to Los Angeles to San Diego etc etc etc for all of them are have areas that police won't come anywhere near smoke crack out in the middle of the streets in Portland right now they're flat out giving out fentanyl and crack pipes and needles for free the police are giving out needles in crack pipes to citizens It seems like we're focusing on all our wrong problems. You know where none of this stuff goes on All the countries that are strict on their laws go to Dubai and see how you can walk around with nothing You can walk around with not one ounce of fear because no matter what you have people there know if they **** up It's rap. ain't going to play with them they don't think anybody's a victim they don't do all that dumb ****. If you **** up in Dubai you're going to disappear that's what needs to start going on here. You get caught being a dreg to society. Well time to get rid of one more dreg...
I know one doesn't exist without the other ... My point being is the main focus should be on the supplier end of things and that would greatly impact the user end.... You cut the head off the body follows....
I agree with the points you make in your post but our country isn't ever going to install laws like you see abroad... Not saying it wouldn't change things drastically if it did but it won't happen here....
I'm all for backing police and avoiding what we've seen in other cities in our country that have fallen hard due to defunding and such... It's not an easy subject to fully explain due to various avenues the conversation can go but I do know there's a lot of people that get locked up for real petty stuff that clogs the court system and hampers actions that can be focused on bigger things....
I've shared many times on this forum about my past as a user so I fully understand that side of the coin..... You can take away the one drug and users will find a way to fill the void... Been there done that.... I never went to jail or needed jail to get clean.... I know not everyone is like me and probably never will be but at least I'm one example that there's other ways to fix the issue on the user end besides criminal conviction... It's why I try to help others where I can and try to give them another perspective.....
Like I mentioned there's plenty of ways this kind of conversation can go and it usually ends up on a more political side of things which I know the forum mods want to avoid so I'll not go into that stuff respectfully..... Please don't mis-interperet anything I wrote and think I'm against your point of view , I'm not...I've just seen things from different points of view is all...

Advertisement
Lol for every functional alcoholic, there’s thousands if not millions of people who have a few drinks on a weekend and it never affects them. For every person who smokes weed every day, there are millions who smoke occasionally and have no ill effects. A guy who smoked weed and drank Codiene cough syrup 24/7 now has memory problems? Probably a bad move.

Wanting to make drugs and alcohol illegal because a small percentage of users can’t control themselves is akin to making cars illegally because some people can’t drive worth a ****.

Edit: ok I see where there was confusion. I meant, every day there are people drinking and doing drugs, not people doing drugs every day
The main point of what you said is excess... that's what some of us posting in here were saying..... Sure people can have a few drinks and such, no problem.... It's the ones like what I used to be that thought " Yea I'll just go out and have few and I'll be fine" whereas I knew my end game was to get to 5-6am and not even know my name anymore....
That's the difference between just going out and having a few and falling into the bottle for a swin... lol

Maannnn...Cot **** Lie in regards to "Memory Loss" from Marijuana usage...I've smoked since 1975....ain't no UM stuff (Games,Stats,..etc...) or recipes/Food have I forgotten...
I'm kinda on the other side.... I burned from 13 to 43 and yea I've blanked on quite a bunch of things... I find paperwork and various things that I realized I've long since forgotten about.... Everyone is different...

Advertisement
The main point of what you said is excess... that's what some of us posting in here were saying..... Sure people can have a few drinks and such, no problem.... It's the ones like what I used to be that thought " Yea I'll just go out and have few and I'll be fine" whereas I knew my end game was to get to 5-6am and not even know my name anymore....
That's the difference between just going out and having a few and falling into the bottle for a swin... lol
I hear you and without sounding like I don't have empathy for addicts, I don't believe in punishing the majority because a minority develops problems.

We can't just outlaw everything that's bad/unhealthy. Obesity and the health issues related to it are a much bigger problem in the US but we can't just make sugar or fat illegal.

Advertisement
I hear you and without sounding like I don't have empathy for addicts, I don't believe in punishing the majority because a minority develops problems.

We can't just outlaw everything that's bad/unhealthy. Obesity and the health issues related to it are a much bigger problem in the US but we can't just make sugar or fat illegal.
Correct... I think a saying like " You have to draw a line in the sand somewhere" comes into play , it's just having a proper understanding of where the line goes....

I’m glad u clarified that. Lol. That’s why I said “where?” Lol

I’m not sure if it’s a coincidence or not, but a new article from The Atlantic just dropped about Oregon “decriminalizing” hard drugs in 2020, & now citizens want it criminalized again. Lol. I haven’t read it, but the timing of it based upon the turn of this thread is wow.

Advertisement
Back