Drug Use, Addiction, & Society (f/k/a Chris Graves (enters the Portal))

Lol; far from a mess huh?

OK, so right now we have:
Couch - 5th yr Sr
Brown - True Freshman
Brown - UCF Transfer
Porter - 5th yr Sr
Curtis - RS Sophmore
Harris - RS Freshman
Davis - OU Transfer
Richard - Vanderbilt Transfer
Freeney - JUCO Transfer

So who’s the starting CBs?
UCF Brown & WVU Porter Jr?
Who’s the NCB? Couch?

U wanna see Curtis lose his shoe again chasing after a MTSU WR? U wanna see Davis get picked on like a kid who pee’d on himself at school? U thinking Freeney coming in and making noise? When’s the last time we’ve been successful w/ a JUCO player since Butch’s evals?

U tell me why this room ain’t a mess when we seen Davis, & Richard all play ball elsewhere & not move a got **** needle, & we seen Porter, Curtis, & Couch get mooked w/ regularity here.
And maybe Robby Washington (based off the last bank)

Advertisement
Lol. First of all. This guy never played a down of football for Manny Diaz. He was signed by Mario. Secondly, do you think they signed 38 cornerbacks out of the portal because they liked the talent they had? It’s got nothing to do with “purging” Diaz players or “not competing”. The kid wasn’t going to play here. Whether it was talent, attitude or both. The portal giveth and the portal taketh away. You can’t get excited when we take kids from other schools and then get mad when those same kids we got from the portal push holdovers out.

Advertisement
This is why star rankings and HS talent sometimes doesn’t matter and people like us on message boards have no clue

Once you get to college and a big time program every player on the team has the same level of talent of more talent

The ones who don’t have a strong work ethic and mentality will waste their talent and flail out. Hence why Mario is trying to build a culture and recruit a mentality

I thought this kid was the goods but like they say in a Bronx Tale…

“The saddest thing in life is wasted talent”

Advertisement
I hear 2-3 more are rumored to jump ship. I really hope JHH isn’t one of them as I have been hearing. If I had to guess though, a RB may be one.

JHH leaving would be sheer lunacy. He's a starter, whether Deen or he takes the first snap,

And Chaney needs to stay put and play for his home team. Another one that would be crazy to leave at this point. Unless you're talking about Citizen because of all the rumors about how good Fletcher is. That seems way too premature to me. He should sit the year out and see where he stacks out after next Winter camp.

If there are rumors swirling around, my eyes have always been on OL and CB. I wouldn't be surprised about Curtis, either. And there are at least 3-4 OL who wouldn't surprise me, either.

Imma catch “Heat” for this (pun intended), but I call it the LBJ era.
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Advertisement
JHH leaving would be sheer lunacy. He's a starter, whether Deen or he takes the first snap,

And Chaney needs to stay put and play for his home team. Another one that would be crazy to leave at this point. Unless you're talking about Citizen because of all the rumors about how good Fletcher is. That seems way too premature to me. He should sit the year out and see where he stacks out after next Winter camp.

If there are rumors swirling around, my eyes have always been on OL and CB. I wouldn't be surprised about Curtis, either. And there are at least 3-4 OL who wouldn't surprise me, either.
Citizen was my 1st guess. With Ajay Allen and Mark Fletcher known to be making moves, it seems plausible. And I wouldn’t assume any of the OL because reality is… anyone looking to transfer from the OL can’t go anywhere better. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
I’m going out on a limb here and say Couch is hitting the portal. They brought in a bunch of corners, he hasn’t done squat here in 4 years and I’m assuming he graduated so he’d be able to play right away.

I’ll probably get negged for it but I’m just throwing **** out there. Yes I’ll keep drinking.

Last edited:
Lol. First of all. This guy never played a down of football for Manny Diaz. He was signed by Mario. Secondly, do you think they signed 38 cornerbacks out of the portal because they liked the talent they had? It’s got nothing to do with “purging” Diaz players or “not competing”. The kid wasn’t going to play here. Whether it was talent, attitude or both. The portal giveth and the portal taketh away. You can’t get excited when we take kids from other schools and then get mad when those same kids we got from the portal push holdovers out.

DTP, question, when you say 'wasnt going to play here' did you mean during the duration of eligibility at UM, or this season?

I thought he had some real athleticism, but given his age and size, was a bit of a 2/3 year project to get meaningful snaps

Advertisement
Back