Drew. DMoney.

Don't know if you guys remember, but it was around this time that the Penn State ordeal was going down. Al was not talking to recruits and no players were able to speak with him. I remember a prominent board member saying he was AWOL in an article. Sounds like a coach break to me

Advertisement
"its too quiet" what is that supposed to mean? Blake has already come out and said that Al is our guy. stop creating false hope

Don't know if you guys remember, but it was around this time that the Penn State ordeal was going down. Al was not talking to recruits and no players were able to speak with him. I remember a prominent board member saying he was AWOL in an article. Sounds like a coach break to me

No he and Donofrio were out the door they thought they were getting the PSU job

Folden should not get to use the scapegoat assistants card. He had that in his hand last year and he chose to fold.

Advertisement
Folden should not get to use the scapegoat assistants card. He had that in his hand last year and he chose to fold.

Absolutely true, but what's truly unbelievable is that after failing to use that obvious and necessary card last year, it looks like he's not even going to do so this year. It shouldn't even be available to him to use, but it is, and he's refusing to use it. It's hard to really comprehend how we could have back the same exact staff that has lost 11 games in the last 2 years, including 11 or our last 19, the same exact staff that's lost 22 games over the last 4 years, without a single modification made by the head coach (replacing Barrow and moving Hurlie to LB coach doesn't count). Seriously, it's crazy.

You think blake is going out a boss like golden with ties to nj/ny guys like golden come down to fla and get respect....

Advertisement
From my understanding Golden has control over his staff and the AD can't fire a staff member.

I think everyone but Golden wants him to fire someone and it is clear he won't. Perhaps this could cause the BOT to revote on firing Golden. If everything stays status quo UM is going to have a major PR nightmare on their hands.

If south Florida high school coaches come out and attack UM then I think he goes one way or the other. Some refered to it as a Mexican stand off and I agree.

I have no first hand sources but I know who to trust.

Advertisement
Golden is such a POS human being. Refusing to fire his assistants not out of loyalty, but because it's his desperate attempt to get fired and collect every penny of his buyout.

If by some miracle Golden does end up getting canned, then this staff he's "protecting" will be shown the door by his replacement and he knows it. Maybe a couple position coaches would stick if the next coach wants them to stay, but presumably most of Golden's staff would be hitting the bricks. Golden is a transparent Jersey slimeball.

Oh, and this administration gets zero credit if this does end up happening. It seems they'd be perfectly content with Golden firing a couple members of his staff so they can come out with more dopey hashtags as part of a new PR campaign insulting the intelligence of a livid fan base. F*** them too.

From my understanding Golden has control over his staff and the AD can't fire a staff member.

Really.
So the UM works for Al Golden?
Is that how it works?
Does he personally cut the checks as well?

This isn't uncommon. Coaches want control over their staff and this is often build into their contract. I am sure there are situations where UM could go around this but not for just football reasons.

Advertisement
For the record, I was the first to throw out the Mexican Standoff comparison.

12-31-2014, 08:45 AM #14
whoopingcane
All-ACC

Ignore User

It's a Mexican stand off right now between Al and the Admin.

Last edited:

Really.
So the UM works for Al Golden?
Is that how it works?
Does he personally cut the checks as well?

This isn't uncommon. Coaches want control over their staff and this is often build into their contract. I am sure there are situations where UM could go around this but not for just football reasons.

Go around what?
They are a private institution.
They can hire and fire whomever the **** they want.

I think everyone but Golden wants him to fire someone and it is clear he won't. Perhaps this could cause the BOT to revote on firing Golden. If everything stays status quo UM is going to have a major PR nightmare on their hands.

If south Florida high school coaches come out and attack UM then I think he goes one way or the other. Some refered to it as a Mexican stand off and I agree.

See, this is what I'm talking about!

I was unaware the BOT ever took a vote.

I agree that UM is headed for a major PR nightmare.

Golden is headed for a major PR nightmare, sufficient to greatly restrict any further coaching jobs at the top level.

Now I wonder how to get the HS coaches to come out and blast Golden . . . .

See, this is what I'm talking about!

I was unaware the BOT ever took a vote.

I agree that UM is headed for a major PR nightmare.

Golden is headed for a major PR nightmare, sufficient to greatly restrict any further coaching jobs at the top level.

Now I wonder how to get the HS coaches to come out and blast Golden . . . .

Someone get a hold of Mike Rumph. Considering Golden's dreadful track record of recruiting at American Heritage, I'm sure Rumph could come out with scathing criticism as a former alum.

Advertisement
Back