Drew. DMoney.

From my understanding Golden has control over his staff and the AD can't fire a staff member.

I think everyone but Golden wants him to fire someone and it is clear he won't. Perhaps this could cause the BOT to revote on firing Golden. If everything stays status quo UM is going to have a major PR nightmare on their hands.

If south Florida high school coaches come out and attack UM then I think he goes one way or the other. Some refered to it as a Mexican stand off and I agree.

I have no first hand sources but I know who to trust.

See, this is what I'm talking about!

I was unaware the BOT ever took a vote.

I agree that UM is headed for a major PR nightmare.

Golden is headed for a major PR nightmare, sufficient to greatly restrict any further coaching jobs at the top level.

Now I wonder how to get the HS coaches to come out and blast Golden . . . .

I think they are already in a PR nightmare, especially locally. This is far worse than the FIU brawl.

Advertisement
From my understanding Golden has control over his staff and the AD can't fire a staff member.

Really.
So the UM works for Al Golden?
Is that how it works?
Does he personally cut the checks as well?

This isn't uncommon. Coaches want control over their staff and this is often build into their contract. I am sure there are situations where UM could go around this but not for just football reasons.

Go around what?
They are a private institution.
They can hire and fire whomever the **** they want.

If it is indeed in his contract that he has control over his staff UM could only go around this under special circumstances. For instance if a coach got a DUI or somehow other than football brought shame to the school. This isn't uncommon.

Pretty sure the dopes at UM want Folden to scapegoat some assistants to appease the moron fans and quiet all the noise. They think the fans will then buy back in and shut the fck up, and some probably will based on the idiots on here who are always yammering about wanting assistants fired.

Folden, on the other hand, just wants them to fire him so he can get his full buyout. He wants to leave almost as badly as we want him gone. But he doesn't want to give up his paper. So, he'll tell UM to fck off on the assistant scapegoating plan hoping they fire him.

Really.
Is that how it works?

This isn't uncommon. Coaches want control over their staff and this is often build into their contract. I am sure there are situations where UM could go around this but not for just football reasons.

Go around what?

If it is indeed in his contract that he has control over his staff UM could only go around this under special circumstances. For instance if a coach got a DUI or somehow other than football brought shame to the school. This isn't uncommon.

I can think of a few staff members that brought shame on the school.

Pretty sure the dopes at UM want Folden to scapegoat some assistants to appease the moron fans and quiet all the noise. They think the fans will then buy back in and shut the fck up, and some probably will based on the idiots on here who are always yammering about wanting assistants fired.

Folden, on the other hand, just wants them to fire him so he can get his full buyout. He wants to leave almost as badly as we want him gone. But he doesn't want to give up his paper. So, he'll tell UM to fck off on the assistant scapegoating plan hoping they fire him.

And to think we have some fellow fans who want this same school to hire a "big name".
This same school who can't, or don't want to, do what is right for the program.
What big-time coach would want to work for these gypsies?

Advertisement
Golden, at this moment, is in a no-win situation.

Losing recruits, so his recruiting class is going to not only suck, but be another source of incessant complaining about him.

There are several articles out that outright call for Golden's firing. That's pretty embarrassing. In fact, it's outright embarrassing.

Golden's lost the press. No more softballs - some of whom have also stated publicly that Golden needs to be fired, and now. So his press meetings - if he stays - are going to be most awkward.

Rumors have it that a number of players are fed up with Golden, and Stevie Wonder can see they're not playing for him. It's going to be worse next season with the loss of talent.

Banners have flown, and it's a safe bet that next season will be an all-out assault publicly to FIRE GOLDEN.

The mini troll known as Shalala will NOT be there to buffer the negativity next season. Golden may be fired after the new President comes in - not likely - but it's still possible.

Assistants have to be looking for other employment. Golden is a dead duck, and at the very most - they have a job for one more season.

The negative publicity with loud fans constantly calling for his firing will only increase - not decrease - and it will gain more and more national attention. This is NOT good for UM. Not in any shape, form, or fashion.

UM will lose money if Golden is retained. Many have expressed their decision to NOT buy any more season tickets, and I'd imagine that some big donors are going to likewise share their displeasure at any decision to retain Golden for one more season.

There is no way we increase our win column next season. Other ACC teams are upgrading their coaching, there's going to be more South Florida talent playing against us than any other time. Our player are scattering to winning teams. Kids like to win. Compare Golden's ability to recruit DT's.

The upcoming year is looking grim for Golden if he stays. It's the smart move to negotiate a settlement on his part - and at the end of the day - his agent will be doing the legwork.

It's a time fuse. It's ticking for Golden. It's ticking for the BOT. It's ticking for UM.

Don't know if you guys remember, but it was around this time that the Penn State ordeal was going down. Al was not talking to recruits and no players were able to speak with him. I remember a prominent board member saying he was AWOL in an article. Sounds like a coach break to me

Coaches couldn't get ahold of Golden. I know for a fact that Coley couldn't reach him for that three day period over the weekend when it was all going down.

Drew, you're ice - like a Mississippi Riverboat gambler - you keep your cards close to your vest. We all know you have your finger on the pulse of this thing, and if you share with us, we're not telling anyone. So how about giving us an intelligence bump?

DMoney, you're like a neuron - like the central office in the NSA - you get intelligence and information from every point of the globe, but with the bulk from The Gables. We all know you know much more than anyone outside the inner - inner - inner core at UM knows and your silence has been deafening.

We're a disastrous fan base - we have little hope, we have little faith, lots of frustration, anger, and we can't comprehend how so many so-called smart people can consistently step on their own diks like the BOT and Admin (yes, Shalala has one, we're pretty sure) at UM.

If you share what you're hearing - we'll keep it right here. Well, maybe here and the WEZ, the last bastion of UM intelligentsia.

Gentlemen, we need something.

Thanks in advance for your assistance in this grave matter.

speak for yourself
I'm fine it's Friday. Wings on the grill and I'm off until Monday.

come on man.. buckle up.

Wings is just another word for 'chicken.'

You'll note that I didn't ask you for intelligence - as you're more concerned with feeding your pie-hole. Don't blame you, but understand you're busy.

If you want to know something - you go to the boss. I note he said "real substantive." Substantive is highly confident. Real substantive is like I got it in my hand.

DMoney didn't say what - but whatever he's heard is "real substantive."

I still got hope. Like the hope that I'll win the lottery. If I ever buy a ticket.

Nah man, you just have to interpret what he is saying, he is dropping some gems on you.

"wings on the grill" wings is another word for chicken, everyone thinks Golden's style of play is chcken.
You grill with flames. Flames = fire, the chicken (Golden) is on the grill (getting fired).

"I'm off until Monday, buckle up". Who plays on monday? the NFL, as in an NFL team. Buckle up = Bucks up, as in Tampa Bay bucks. When was the last time the Bucks were really up? they won the Superbowl in 2002.
Who where they coaching against in week 6 in 2002. You Guessed it, BUTCH DAVIS.

He was simply telling you that Golden will be fired on Monday and replaced with Butch Davis..... Your welcome all.

Advertisement
Drew, you're ice - like a Mississippi Riverboat gambler - you keep your cards close to your vest. We all know you have your finger on the pulse of this thing, and if you share with us, we're not telling anyone. So how about giving us an intelligence bump?

DMoney, you're like a neuron - like the central office in the NSA - you get intelligence and information from every point of the globe, but with the bulk from The Gables. We all know you know much more than anyone outside the inner - inner - inner core at UM knows and your silence has been deafening.

We're a disastrous fan base - we have little hope, we have little faith, lots of frustration, anger, and we can't comprehend how so many so-called smart people can consistently step on their own diks like the BOT and Admin (yes, Shalala has one, we're pretty sure) at UM.

If you share what you're hearing - we'll keep it right here. Well, maybe here and the WEZ, the last bastion of UM intelligentsia.

Gentlemen, we need something.

Thanks in advance for your assistance in this grave matter.

speak for yourself
I'm fine it's Friday. Wings on the grill and I'm off until Monday.

come on man.. buckle up.

Wings is just another word for 'chicken.'

You'll note that I didn't ask you for intelligence - as you're more concerned with feeding your pie-hole. Don't blame you, but understand you're busy.

If you want to know something - you go to the boss. I note he said "real substantive." Substantive is highly confident. Real substantive is like I got it in my hand.

DMoney didn't say what - but whatever he's heard is "real substantive."

I still got hope. Like the hope that I'll win the lottery. If I ever buy a ticket.

Nah man, you just have to interpret what he is saying, he is dropping some gems on you.

"wings on the grill" wings is another word for chicken, everyone thinks Golden's style of play is chcken.
You grill with flames. Flames = fire, the chicken (Golden) is on the grill (getting fired).

"I'm off until Monday, buckle up". Who plays on monday? the NFL, as in an NFL team. Buckle up = Bucks up, as in Tampa Bay bucks. When was the last time the Bucks were really up? they won the Superbowl in 2002.
Who where they coaching against in week 6 in 2002. You Guessed it, BUTCH DAVIS.

He was simply telling you that Golden will be fired on Monday and replaced with Butch Davis..... Your welcome all.

Can't believe I missed that.

Really.
Is that how it works?

Go around what?

If you see dorito at the club all drinks on me, but jam his uber account. Need To donte stallworth this man.

Advertisement
Back