Dream Spring Portal Class

Advertisement
There’s a good chance Fletcher doesn’t even play this year so if he doesn’t that means we lost our 3 leading rushers for last year. They may not be all world but we need to have 3-4 dependable backs while replacing that production (1617 yards rushing combined). Right now we only got 2 healthy backs which is why you’re hearing all the buzz about Lofton. So assuming we don’t take a portal RB and Fletcher is out for season we would roll into season with:

1. Allen who was the 4th leading rusher and has been out all spring with an injury

2. Citizen who we hope can bounce back this year but would be crazy to depend on him after what he’s been through

3. Lofton a converted TE/H back who puts the fear of God into Chuck Norris

4. CJ

5. CWH

Both CJ and CWH are change of pace backs that we either don’t like to use and/or don’t know how to use and are currently getting bypassed by a freshman TE. Plus CWH is a freshman who was in line for a redshirt.

6. Lyle who has yet to make it to campus so we have no idea how he’s going to do.

Definitely can’t take another Lucious but Truth is we NEED to take a proven portal RB AND have Lofton live up to the hype giving us 400-500 rushing yards PLUS 2 of Allen, Citizen, CJ and or Lyle give us another 300-500 yards.
I understand all that. I agree that we could use a PROVEN RB. My reason for posting wasn't to debate/argue whether or not we could use a portal RB. It's really my lack of faith in our abilities to pull a proven back. Mario's hit rate on transfers has been not so good. My concern is we pull some player from UAB or Akron who causes us to cut some younger guy.
All of your points above are valid. I'm still not sure that those people aren't better than what left. We won't know until the season unfolds.

You could never have enough rb depth. I mean last year Citizen, Parrish, Allen, Fletcher all missed time. Then Chaney was injury prone his whole career basically.

You could never have enough rb depth. I mean last year Citizen, Parrish, Allen, Fletcher all missed time. Then Chaney was injury prone his whole career basically.

Okay who changed their alias to Geddy? You are the Goat brother. My life blood spills over.

As far as RB is concerned to say we’re not worse off now than we were last season is hoping for the best against all the facts.

I 100% agree we need a top back who is a true difference maker from the portal not another Parrish or Allen, and certainly not that kid who transferred in for a season did nothing and transferred back out. But not just D$ but also Pate are both telling us not to worry here. So I’m not worried.

Last edited:
Okay who changed their alias to Geddy? You are the Goat brother. My life blood spills over.

As far as RB is concerned to say we’re not worse off now than we were last season is hoping for the best against all the facts.

I 100% agree we need a top back who is a true difference maker from the portal not another Parrish or Allen, and certainly not that kid who transferred in for a season did nothing and transferred back out. But not just D$ but also Pate are both telling us not to worry here. So I’m not worried.
Geddy Lee

Advertisement
I mean our draft able players on D idk if we will miss them tbh. Both safeties had a down year and LT was solid but nothing crazy that a new guy can’t fill that role. Lee is tough to replace but the offense after that is better young is gone but we kept the 2 best WRs stats wise and upgrade at QB. I would takr this team versus last years
I disagree completely that the safeties had a down year, james had his best year, kam was still really good and u saying they had a down year but we dont even know what was behind them, it might be similar to when shaq and pickney left. LT was really good, i like Mesidor better tho if he’s at 3tech but its still a loss but and other guys aren’t better imo

And lee and cohen are being replaced with downgrades imo. Best WRs i agree but we still don’t have a game changer on offense at rb or wr, cam is great to me but we still need to add another weapon or two

I think this years overall roster is worse than last years but i think we have a way better qb

If we can produce an elite offense i think we’ll be ok, but im kinda worried i really do think we need to fill some spots in the spring portal but we haven’t these last two years so im not that confident we will
Im just basing this off of what i saw in games

Qb- better by default WR becomes better imo because i think jacolby fits with ward better but still no game changers imo

Rb- worse as of right now, can be improved wasn’t high on last years rb
Lg- worse until proven otherwise
C- worse based on their play at the schools before here
Rt and LT - are solid but im not as confident as some are because last year i didn’t think they were great. But i agree it is reasonable to expect growth, i like both players
TE- always loved arroyo but have to see him post injury and dawson involving them consistently

Edge- better
Idl - better
Lb- just solid/ the same level until i see improvement from wes or a young guy emerge
Cb- meh , hopefully new coaching and/or portal improves it
Safety- meh, hopefully the guys behind are developed and ready but we all don’t know right now

Last year i felt good about the top half of our roster, this year the top half is weaker and the bottom half is better but very very young and i don’t like expecting too much out of youth until its proven.

If the groups i think are worse get a boost from the portal ill gladly change my thoughts, if we get improvements or emerging young guys ill gladly be wrong but im talking about right now. Im not just gonna expect the best from every position thats unrealistic and why majority of the fanbase always end up disappointed in the end. Scheduling and qb matters alot so we cam could carry us to a better year with an elite offense like i was saying in my op

Im just basing this off of what i saw in games

Qb- better by default WR becomes better imo because i think jacolby fits with ward better but still no game changers imo

Rb- worse as of right now, can be improved wasn’t high on last years rb
Lg- worse until proven otherwise
C- worse based on their play at the schools before here
Rt and LT - are solid but im not as confident as some are because last year i didn’t think they were great. But i agree it is reasonable to expect growth, i like both players
TE- always loved arroyo but have to see him post injury and dawson involving them consistently

Edge- better
Idl - better
Lb- just solid/ the same level until i see improvement from wes or a young guy emerge
Cb- meh , hopefully new coaching and/or portal improves it
Safety- meh, hopefully the guys behind are developed and ready but we all don’t know right now

Last year i felt good about the top half of our roster, this year the top half is weaker and the bottom half is better but very very young and i don’t like expecting too much out of youth until its proven.

If the groups i think are worse get a boost from the portal ill gladly change my thoughts, if we get improvements or emerging young guys ill gladly be wrong but im talking about right now. Im not just gonna expect the best from every position thats unrealistic and why majority of the fanbase always end up disappointed in the end. Scheduling and qb matters alot so we cam could carry us to a better year with an elite offense like i was saying in my op
IDL better? You missed JHH v Rutgers?

Advertisement
I like clark and mesidor there, and i liked jhh overall play last year…im just saying better than last year i don’t think we have any great position groups
If Mesidor is even healthy he is not a consistent interior guy. I'm in wait and see mode with Clark. Our track record tells me he won't be good. Outside of QB I wouldn't say we upgraded anywhere.

I am not sure if any of these players will hit the portal or if they have any interest in Miami at all, this is why this is my "Dream" portal class. In my opinion these guys will make Miami a real playoff contender.

UCF RB RJ Harvey 5-9 205

Iowa St WR Jayden Higgins 6-2 200

Kentucky DT Deone Walker 6-6 350

Georgia CB Daniel Harris 6-2 190

Iowa S Xavier Nwankpa 6-2 200

Kentucky DT Deone Walker 6-6 350 would need Cam Ward money to come here

If Mesidor is even healthy he is not a consistent interior guy. I'm in wait and see mode with Clark. Our track record tells me he won't be good. Outside of QB I wouldn't say we upgraded anywhere.
Could be right, im low on this roster too but i believe in cam lol

Advertisement
I’d take…

Deone Walker
Daniel Harris
Jacoby Matthews
Damien Martinez
Dyoni Hill
Damien Alford

I’d take…

Deone Walker
Daniel Harris
Jacoby Matthews
Damien Martinez
Dyoni Hill
Damien Alford
Adding Deone Walker and Damien Martinez alone would give this team a 9-3 floor (closer to 10-2), and that’s worse case. Unless something went horrifically wrong…

Those are two top players at their respective positions. I realize that’s lofty expectations, But that’s how highly sought-after both would be. They’re beasts.

I think this years overall roster is worse than last years but i think we have a way better qb

If we can produce an elite offense i think we’ll be ok, but im kinda worried i really do think we need to fill some spots in the spring portal but we haven’t these last two years so im not that confident we will
I don't really see that.

QB - worlds better
RB - better (and possibly soon a lot better)
WR - better
TE - better
OL - similar (maybe a step back back losing Cohen and Lee but lots of young talent rising)
DT - similar, maybe slightly worse losing Taylor
DE - better
LB - better
CB - worse
Safeties - worse

I think we're better at nearly every position except DB.

Advertisement
James Pearce
Bear Alexander
Luther Burden
Kelvin Banks
Travis Hunter
Mason Graham
Denzel Burke
Pat Payton
Ollie Gordon
Whoever Iowa has at safety

Gotta dream big!!