Dream Spring Portal Class

Hstokes1447

Junior
I am not sure if any of these players will hit the portal or if they have any interest in Miami at all, this is why this is my "Dream" portal class. In my opinion these guys will make Miami a real playoff contender.

UCF RB RJ Harvey 5-9 205

Iowa St WR Jayden Higgins 6-2 200

Kentucky DT Deone Walker 6-6 350

Georgia CB Daniel Harris 6-2 190

Iowa S Xavier Nwankpa 6-2 200

Advertisement
I think this years overall roster is worse than last years but i think we have a way better qb

If we can produce an elite offense i think we’ll be ok, but im kinda worried i really do think we need to fill some spots in the spring portal but we haven’t these last two years so im not that confident we will

I think this years overall roster is worse than last years but i think we have a way better qb

If we can produce an elite offense i think we’ll be ok, but im kinda worried i really do think we need to fill some spots in the spring portal but we haven’t these last two years so im not that confident we will
it’s not that it’s worse, it’s super young

Only places where it’s “worse” are at safety, RB and DT. And we’re portalling at those spots.

QB, LB and TE are significantly better.
WR we will yto see how Isaiah plays v Colby. But the rest of the WR group is significantly better.
OL 3 returners two of whom (Cooper and Francis) should take major steps. Samson at LG and Carpenter is at worst a wash. Especially given the depth behind them.
DE Mesidor is healthy, Bain is healthy. Wayne adds a year, Marshall transfer, 4 super talented freshmen.
CB Porter and Brown add a year and we replace Couch/Davis with Richard.

Advertisement
Only places where it’s “worse” are at safety, RB and DT. And we’re portalling at those spots.

WR we will yto see how Isaiah plays v Colby. But the rest of the WR group is significantly better.
OL 3 returners two of whom (Cooper and Francis) should take major steps. Samson at LG and Carpenter is at worst a wash. Especially given the depth behind them.
DE Mesidor is healthy, Bain is healthy. Wayne adds a year, Marshall transfer, 4 super talented freshmen.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if Carpenter and Samson end up as good in 2024 as Lee and Cohen were in 2023. But when it comes to OL with this staff, I absolutely expect improvement from the returning players.

I am not sure if any of these players will hit the portal or if they have any interest in Miami at all, this is why this is my "Dream" portal class. In my opinion these guys will make Miami a real playoff contender.

UCF RB RJ Harvey 5-9 205

How many of our guys would need to hit the portal in order to have enough room for these 5 guys?

Last edited:

UCF RB RJ Harvey 5-9 205

Not enough Georgia State or Vanderbilt on that list….

Advertisement
Advertisement
Flo has mention that they really like Amos RB out of Miami of Ohio. I certainly like the Rutger RB that destroy us on the bowl game.
Would 100% take Amos. He also wouldn’t cost as much as a Damien Martinez or RJ Harvey imo, and thus you could allocate more funds to a solid CB or DT.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Tim Harris at UCF is a plant. A plant by Mario in order to secure the transfer of RJ Harvey.

Advertisement

Are we really "worse" at RB? We are young and we have some injuries (Fletcher and Allen), but are we really worse? We lost Don Chaney and Henry Parrish. They have experience, but were they really that good? Both had lost carries to Fletcher by the end of last season. Chaney's career is like a coktease highlight followed by a list of injuries and ended with a bad fumble. Parrish wasn't bad, but didn't do anything exceptionally. My concern with the portal at RB is we take another Lucious and have to boot some young guy from the team.

Are we really "worse" at RB? We are young and we have some injuries (Fletcher and Allen), but are we really worse? We lost Don Chaney and Henry Parrish. They have experience, but were they really that good? Both had lost carries to Fletcher by the end of last season. Chaney's career is like a coktease highlight followed by a list of injuries and ended with a bad fumble. Parrish wasn't bad, but didn't do anything exceptionally. My concern with the portal at RB is we take another Lucious and have to boot some young guy from the team.
There’s a good chance Fletcher doesn’t even play this year so if he doesn’t that means we lost our 3 leading rushers for last year. They may not be all world but we need to have 3-4 dependable backs while replacing that production (1617 yards rushing combined). Right now we only got 2 healthy backs which is why you’re hearing all the buzz about Lofton. So assuming we don’t take a portal RB and Fletcher is out for season we would roll into season with:

1. Allen who was the 4th leading rusher and has been out all spring with an injury

2. Citizen who we hope can bounce back this year but would be crazy to depend on him after what he’s been through

3. Lofton a converted TE/H back who puts the fear of God into Chuck Norris

4. CJ

5. CWH

Both CJ and CWH are change of pace backs that we either don’t like to use and/or don’t know how to use and are currently getting bypassed by a freshman TE. Plus CWH is a freshman who was in line for a redshirt.

6. Lyle who has yet to make it to campus so we have no idea how he’s going to do.

Definitely can’t take another Lucious but Truth is we NEED to take a proven portal RB AND have Lofton live up to the hype giving us 400-500 rushing yards PLUS 2 of Allen, Citizen, CJ and or Lyle give us another 300-500 yards.

1000001732.jpg

If JB leaves should we back channel Air Noland? or roll w/4 and wait for Luke next spring. From the looks of it Air leaves now or December bc Sayin is their next guy.

I mean our draft able players on D idk if we will miss them tbh. Both safeties had a down year and LT was solid but nothing crazy that a new guy can’t fill that role. Lee is tough to replace but the offense after that is better young is gone but we kept the 2 best WRs stats wise and upgrade at QB. I would takr this team versus last years

Advertisement
Back