Dream Defensive Tackle Situation

Hstokes1447

Junior
In a perfect world I would love to see at least 1 of the true sophmore defensive tackles redshirt this season. I would also love to see this staff bring in at least 3 more defensive tackles. If this could happen 2014 DT situation could finally be in good shape.

2014 Dream Defensive Tackle Lineup
SR Olsen Pierre
SR Jalen Grimble
JR Corey King
JR Earl Moore
JR Dalvon Stuckey
SO Dequan Ivery
FR Khairi Clark
FR Travonte Valentine
FR Lamont Gaillard

Advertisement
Are you thinking we should Red shirt Ivery this year? Otherwise he will also be a Jr.
I believe Kamala is also considered a DT in this class eventually.

In a perfect world I would love to see at least 1 of the true sophmore defensive tackles redshirt this season. I would also love to see this staff bring in at least 3 more defensive tackles. If this could happen 2014 DT situation could finally be in good shape.

SR Olsen Pierre
SR Jalen Grimble
JR Corey King
JR Earl Moore
JR Dalvon Stuckey
SO Dequan Ivery
FR Khairi Clark
FR Travonte Valentine
FR Lamont Gaillard

Frankly, I think we need more than one JuCo DT. This year will be a shakeout. King, Moore, Grimble and Ivery are in tight spots. I think we see one or two of those guys guided toward the door. I think Kamala gets a look inside, too.

2014 needs to look like this:

Pierre
JuCo with immediate ability to step in
JuCo with immediate ability to step in (maybe more upside)
Moore/King/Ivery (whichever steps to the plate)
Moore/King/Ivery (2nd place finisher)
Kamalu
Freshman superstar
Freshman star
Freshman upside

Last edited:
If we don't hit a homerun with this DT class this cycle it'll be real ugly next year. I agree with Lu in that we need more than 1 JuCo DT. Pierre will be our number one, but behind him there are a lot of question marks.

I think Grimble may be shown the door after this season if he doesn't step up. Did he redshirt? The reason I'm asking is because if he did he'd already have a degree.

What I'd like to see for 2014:

Pierre
JuCo DT (Right now that's Stuckey)
JuCo DT
Moore
Kamalu
Ivery
King (maybe he'll still be here)
Freshman DT: Clark
Freshman DT: Gaillard or Valentine

Advertisement
Are you thinking we should Red shirt Ivery this year? Otherwise he will also be a Jr.
I believe Kamala is also considered a DT in this class eventually.

Yes I think Ivey needs to redshirt, I don't think he is ready and he needs a lot more development. I would love to see Kamala stay at DE so Grimble can move back to DT. The DE position needs the numbers so this staff can finally start to redshirting guys starting in 2014.

SR Olsen Pierre
SR Jalen Grimble
JR Corey King
JR Earl Moore
JR Dalvon Stuckey
SO Dequan Ivery
FR Khairi Clark
FR Travonte Valentine
FR Lamont Gaillard

Frankly, I think we need more than one JuCo DT. This year will be a shakeout. King, Moore, Grimble and Ivery are in tight spots. I think we see one or two of those guys guided toward the door. I think Kamala gets a look inside, too.

Pierre
Kamalu
Freshman superstar
Freshman star
Freshman upside

I am with you, 2 JUCOs and 3 HS Seniors.

Advertisement
Another couple of kids who I think might be the goods are Justin Sibole and Edgar Cenerod at American Heritage. EGs close to 6'2 and kids quick and athletic. Don't have to worry about that kid coming in and being out if shape and not wanting to work hard. Same with Siboe.

Gimme Clark and valentine and ill be satisfied. Moten would be icing on cake and gallard would be like having a second cake altogether! He's gonna be way too tough to land in my opinion. Regardless go canes and bring these big boys in!

Gimme Clark and valentine and ill be satisfied. Moten would be icing on cake and gallard would be like having a second cake altogether! He's gonna be way too tough to land in my opinion. Regardless go canes and bring these big boys in!

I think Thomas Holley has better upside than clark and valentine

Advertisement

SR Olsen Pierre
SR Jalen Grimble
JR Corey King
JR Earl Moore
JR Dalvon Stuckey
SO Dequan Ivery
FR Khairi Clark
FR Travonte Valentine
FR Lamont Gaillard

Pierre
Kamalu
Freshman superstar
Freshman star
Freshman upside

Agree. I'd like 2 JCs and 3 HS.

Also There was a kid staff REALLY liked last year out of Georgia who BALLED out at camp last year. Pete wrote about him. Kid was 6'4"-5 around 280. Out of Georgia. Ol boy got SHOT last year. Didn't get booked or anything like that. Wrong place in the hood at the wrong time. MIGHT pursue this year.

Advertisement
I remember that kid..**** what was his name?

My bad, Thought I put his name in. Austin Roberts. Dude was a GOOD one. But, after getting shot, grades, limited spots last year. As well as an early commit and thinking they where in good standing with Jaynard. Didn't recruit seriously.

SR Olsen Pierre
SR Jalen Grimble
JR Corey King
JR Earl Moore
JR Dalvon Stuckey
SO Dequan Ivery
FR Khairi Clark
FR Travonte Valentine
FR Lamont Gaillard

Pierre
Kamalu
Freshman superstar
Freshman star
Freshman upside

2 jucos amd 2 frosh is fine, IMO, if they are good.

There is a limit on the amount of the roster we can dedicate to this position.

Advertisement
Back