If this was some of the previous Dolphins regimes, you’d see Miami go:

Round 1: OL, DL
Round 2: LB, OL
Round 3: HB
Round 4: S
Round 5: OL
Round 6: WR
Round 7: DL
I hardly watch the NFL anymore, but this still made me cringe.

Advertisement
I probably don’t watch enough of other teams, especially LSU, and Waddle was hurt, but of the 3 WR’s, I think I want Davonta Smith.
I want Smith as well but my only knock on him is his weight... Jamar is better built for the NFL but I won't deny Smith's talent by any means... Give me either of the two at #6 and I'm happy...

This is probably the strangest thread ever. Simulated NFL drafts for X team, and then discussing about it. People are bored!
It's mos def the off season hahaha
Probably the strangest post ever...Kind of like talking about UM football between January and August.

These mocks are dumb. They gave me a D+ for picking Pat surtain for dallas yet all these talking heads on tv have dallas possibly selecting him

Advertisement
Bored at work so I decided to put my GM hat on. Would like to see you guys draft as well. Feel free to critique as well. I traded down twice and loaded up with mid-round picks for this drafts and future draft picks. One thing that stuck out to me is holding a top ten pick this year can be extremely lucrative if a QB is still on the board when it's your turn to pick.

In this simulation Chicago traded 2 1st, 2 2nd rounders and a 3rd round pick.

Also in my simulation is a highly unlikely scenario of an inter-division trade between the Dolphins and Bills. I went BPA mixed in with need for most of the drafting process.

With the Dolphins acquiring Will Fuller in free agency I saw no reason to press for a WR so I played the waiting game a got Moore to fill the slot position for us. I wanted to fortify the lines.

View attachment 145252
Dolphins still need a WR. Parker is rarely available when you need him and has the lowest YAC in the league. He appears soft. Picking up the half gator backup qb is bad enough. #keepfinsgatorfree

Keep building for the future.

FB_IMG_1617557961603.jpg

If ATL goes Pitts and Cincy goes Chase I think Fins are more likely to take Sewell/Waddle and trade down from 18 than they are 6. Seeing how they draft I believe WR/Pitts, EDGE, and Center are top 3 priorities. RB and LB will take best available at 50 and 81. Richie Grant is a lock for 3/4 round steal of the draft at safety.

Fins gotta get a good Center, and there’s a solid handful. EDGE is deep. Coverage/well rounded LB (Cox, Davis, Werner). Would love Javonte Williams, don’t see Grier/Flores taking him at 36 though. Can see them locking up the LB/Center at 36 and seeing which RB falls to the right spot at 50 or 81.

If they trade back from 18 they likely pickup another 2nd round pick and personally I think that’d be the golden move.

Simply put, WR/Pitts is the priority with 1st pick, 18 is Edge, and Center, LB, RB get in where they fit in 2nd and 3rd round.

Last edited:
Love ****erson, Javonte Williams, and Jamin Davis. Definitely gotta take Pitts/Chase/Waddle at 6 imo.

Forecasting the Dolphins WR room 2-3 years, hard to see Fuller and even DVP still producing.

Just get a good WR, DE, C, LB and I’m good.

Advertisement
Bored at work so I decided to put my GM hat on. Would like to see you guys draft as well. Feel free to critique as well. I traded down twice and loaded up with mid-round picks for this drafts and future draft picks. One thing that stuck out to me is holding a top ten pick this year can be extremely lucrative if a QB is still on the board when it's your turn to pick.

In this simulation Chicago traded 2 1st, 2 2nd rounders and a 3rd round pick.

Also in my simulation is a highly unlikely scenario of an inter-division trade between the Dolphins and Bills. I went BPA mixed in with need for most of the drafting process.

With the Dolphins acquiring Will Fuller in free agency I saw no reason to press for a WR so I played the waiting game a got Moore to fill the slot position for us. I wanted to fortify the lines.

View attachment 145252
Dolphins traded up from 12 to 6 for a reason. I think it was to take pitts, Sewell, or chase. But outside of that I like a lot of players you took.

Advertisement
Had a choice of pitts or chase. As much as I hate the gators that two tight end set with fuller taking the top off would be lethal.

Was going to take najee Harris with 18 but couldn’t pass on parsons when he fell that far.

humphrey or Jaelen was a very tough choice bc both are needs but we have needed a legit center since pouncey left.

Ended up getting my RB later with Williams as you all know beat the breaks off us. Miami can’t run an RPO and have no run game. Way too predictable.

the rest were best player available imo for positions of need. Got my safety and wr with Miami’s last two legit picks. Also need a punter so why not go that direction with the last pick.

Attachments

• 2C7A8358-D014-4E01-8D49-5D2DF2E17BEF.png
    2C7A8358-D014-4E01-8D49-5D2DF2E17BEF.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
We need two wide receivers (or replace one of them with Pitts) in the first two rounds. Miami can use a HB in the second round as well. I truly want them to go:

First Round Pick 1. WR/Pitts
First Round pick 2. WR
Second Round Pick 1. HB
Second Round Pick 2. OL

PFN seems a lil more accurate than PFF. Not much needs to be said about Pitts, Etienne fits Miami's offense the best, Humphrey is an easy pick and the best OC, Turner is highly underrated and one of the better DEs in this draft, Holland is a versatile DB that plays a lot of slot but can slide to FS, and we all know about Rodgers.

Also got a 2nd and 3rd in 2022.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210404-184431_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210404-184431_Chrome.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 26
Advertisement
Back