Down by 15 Coach Larrañaga ADJUST then WINS !

Advertisement
This is one cool customer for a Coach. His players were getting creamed and off kilter. Originally UM ballers were just long shots no assists. Coach Larrañaga unleashed a full court press as his players are more athletic. He sat down stars that dogging it, and put bench player in. The bench responded. How many times have we Football sticking with unproductive player because of being scared.

UM hired a young 39 yr old coach with little experience, but had Hollywood good looks...and could speak so well.

But Coach Larrañaga is a god. Give me old Butch!

This was genius game adjustments.

At least we FINALLY beat ONE team from VA. THAT rarely happens at this candy ###ed school in ANY sport. Only wish Coach L could get some good big men for this BB team. We could win the whole thing if he did. Trouble is, we will never be a prime BB destination like Duke, UK, and UNC.

This is one cool customer for a Coach. His players were getting creamed and off kilter. Originally UM ballers were just long shots no assists. Coach Larrañaga unleashed a full court press as his players are more athletic. He sat down stars that dogging it, and put bench player in. The bench responded. How many times have we Football sticking with unproductive player because of being scared.

UM hired a young 39 yr old coach with little experience, but had Hollywood good looks...and could speak so well.

Celebrating NIT wins? Man you guys are desperate.

So is this school's situation right now in case you haven't noticed. If we even HAVE a team in ANYTHING that's worthwhile in five years, it'll be a miracle with the idiots running this school.

Last edited:

We're not just celebrating wins, but the fact that these young men never quit, even when they were down by 18, fought hard and came back to win, which is apparently something that golden cannot do. THAT is what we're celebrating.

Don't follow Canes basketball nearly as much as Cane's football...but i think everyone's point is that Coach L got this team to 21 W's on the season prior to the Big Dance invitation and he's grossly outmatched talent wise, especially in the ACC...and yet, his teams are always in every game and shown brass to keep up w/ the "big boys." It's not his fault Miami wasn't invited to the big dance, although it could be argued that they deserved to go as well.
Anyways, the fact that he's coaching at an elite level w/ less resources while F.A.G is coaching at a pedestrian level w/ ample resources is the point and proves, yet again, why Golden needs to go.

Advertisement
H

Lol. No expectations. We should be competed for championships. Go from acc champ to not even making the tournament.

This is Miami basketball we're talking about. Not Duke. I'm celebrating every g-damned step that helps establish a solid, successful foundation for the future. A deep run in the NIT is another step in building a positive foundation IMHO.

Advertisement
Y'all just don't go thinking we are not a football-baseball school.

We're celebrating a ****ing quarterfinal NIT win against the fifth ranked team in the A10. You should get on board, it's fun not being a miserable sports fan a couple times a year.

I'm happy we are exceeding our low expectations but. Serious question. Are you being sarcastic w your first sentence?

Y'all just don't go thinking we are not a football-baseball school.

We're celebrating a ****ing quarterfinal NIT win against the fifth ranked team in the A10. You should get on board, it's fun not being a miserable sports fan a couple times a year.

I'm happy we are exceeding our low expectations but. Serious question. Are you being sarcastic w your first sentence?

No, the bar for the basketball team is low. It will take a minor miracle to win a title in my lifetime. The Haith and fat perry eras were unbearable. The basketball team is a good product, it's fun to enjoy a UM sports team for what it is.

That's probably not going to happen in football for a while, the product is **** caked into the corner of a carni's *******. Dolphins and Marlins are perennial losers and I spent $200 on league pass to watch Tyler Johnson and Henry Walker shoot the J. Canes bball is all that's left.

They stepped it up on defense.
Maybe they'll start to play defense from the start of a game before they get down.
I'll be at the garden on Tuesday and hope they do.
Nice to root for a winner for a change.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back