Advertisement
I hate Stephen Ross
km_20211130-2_1080p_2.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Great for Dougie.

Should've fired Howie Roseman instead.
Got our city our first championship, Andy Reid coaching tree and a QB whisperer.
I don't know. Just seemed like he couldn't get out of his own way calling offensive plays. Hopefully he learned his lesson and understands that a head coach needs to be CEO and not in charge of an offense or defense. He was also too loyal to Jim Schwartz in my mind. Having said all of this, I will be forever thankful to him for bringing us likely the only Super Bowl championship in my lifetime.

I think he was a top candidate this cycle, surprised he didn’t get more interviews. Only bad thing is he’s gonna have the burden of a terrible gm, meh owner and this is the worst team in the league. I think trevor is gonna be elite but thats alot to deal with

Advertisement
I like the hire, but I’m just going to say that I’m not 100% sold on Trevor Lawrence being a great NFL QB. He has all the physical tools, size, and athleticism that you dream of, but I question his intangibles, ability to read a defense,etc. He had a terrible rookie season: Now, granted, he doesn’t have much to work with and they do need to go out and surround him with some key pieces, but he’s got to stop turning the ball over so much.

He withdrew his name from consideration earlier today.
I mean, that was for him to save face, etc.

He wasn't getting the job because he didn't want to work with Trent Baalke and wanted to bring in Adrian Wilson. Sucks. I think that would have been a good pairing and I think would have been a good hire in Jacksonville that would have given the team some energy. After the Urban Meyer disaster, I can see why the Khan's would be hesitant to hire a first time HC in the NFL and a first time GM and why Pederson was preferable. He's won a Super Bowl. It seems in the second interview, they found a workaround to keep Trent Baalke (idk why, but it is what it is) and still get a new "GM" involved.

It seems they are likely going to pair Doug Pederson with Rick Spielman while keeping Trent Baalke around in some sort of role as Spielman will report to the Khans. We'll see. Its also a bit late in the game and I'm curious to see who Pederson brings in to fill out the staff. Word has been a guy like Press Taylor could be an OC candidate while Pederson actually calls the plays. Mike Caldwell, the inside linebacker coach from the Buccs, is a rumored name for DC. I hope they bring back Keenan McCardell as WR Coach. He's awesome.

Optics are everything. Pederson was the first interview and was seemingly the guy they really wanted all along (per some twitter reports)...and if they made this hire, idk...30 days ago, the fanbase probably loves it and they throw some roses, but the process was publicly played out like some low rent operation that no one understands and even though they hired a pretty well qualified coach, it seems like the place is a disaster...and it is...but I digress.

Jacksonville needs to rebuild the offensive line and get some Trevor Lawrence some more weapons if this is going to work out. I think Pederson can make this work in his second stint as a HC, but the dysfunction that surrounds this team is always the kicker.

I like the hire, but I’m just going to say that I’m not 100% sold on Trevor Lawrence being a great NFL QB. He has all the physical tools, size, and athleticism that you dream of, but I question his intangibles, ability to read a defense,etc. He had a terrible rookie season: Now, granted, he doesn’t have much to work with and they do need to go out and surround him with some key pieces, but he’s got to stop turning the ball over so much.

No rookie quarterback was showing success with the disaster that was the Urban Meyer era in Jacksonville. It was a circus from Day 1.

idk what intangibles you are talking about, but I thought he showed a lot off the field despite all of the madness. He was usually a calming presence for the team off the field and even on it...the team was just horrendously coached on the offensive side of the ball, had weekly drama he had to deal with, etc. and he showed he could be a good leader of men. If Trevor Lawrence eventually becomes the real deal, last year would be the one that made him a man.

On the field, he has some things to work on...part of that was a result of the playcalling (so bad), some of that was a result of the lack of talent on offense, and some of that was on Lawrence simply being a rookie. I think Pederson will make him better...Lawrence isn't limited like Carson Wentz was...Lawrence can push the ball downfield, Pederson will help Lawrence speed up his processing as Pederson loves a lot of the quick one read stuff, which is what Lawrence is good at. So, we'll see...

Advertisement
Back