Dorsey good fit for Bills OC job?

Interesting

image.jpg

Advertisement
They hire Sean McDermott who is a defensive coach as HC.

Now they want to bring in Dorsey, who has NEVER been an OC, to call plays and lead an offense. Seems very risky IMO.

We're all Dorsey fans here but I hope he doesn't get this job for his own sake. Wayyyy too much of a mess for a 1st time OC that won't even have a remotely competent QB to deal with.

If he plays his cards right he could be head coach in waiting at FIU

McDermott and Dorsey worked together in Carolina.

He is ready for the job.

Advertisement
All his work didn't pay off for the Panthers this year...Charlotte is cold enough, why punish yourself by moving to Buffalo????

You never turn down an NFL OC position at his age.

I just assume this report is his agent doing his job and creating some Dorsey buzz.

Advertisement
As a Buffalo fan, I'm meh on this. I like Dorsey a lot, but he is still unproven, and with a raw head coach as well, I just think it is risky. Although, I will say, Tyrod Taylor is similar to Cam Newton. They have similar skill sets, so I think Dorsey might have an easy transition with that.

As a Buffalo fan, I'm meh on this. I like Dorsey a lot, but he is still unproven, and with a raw head coach as well, I just think it is risky. Although, I will say, Tyrod Taylor is similar to Cam Newton. They have similar skill sets, so I think Dorsey might have an easy transition with that.

Well maybe Buffalo needs something different....cause what they have been doing hasnt worked. When was the last time Bills made the playoffs

Well maybe Buffalo needs something different....cause what they have been doing hasnt worked. When was the last time Bills made the playoffs

You don't have to ask a rhetorical question. I know the Bills suck and need to change a lot up; however, I don't know if Dorsey is the answer. I love Dorsey, and if he gets the job, I hope he succeeds.

Advertisement
As long as he doesn't take a non Miami college job I'm good with it...

It would be completely unacceptable for Dorsey to come back to college and be coaching anywhere else besides Miami.

Tyrod Taylor plummeted from 8.0 yards per attempt last season to 6.9 this year. So that passing games needs some help. Once you establish an 8.0 season it means you have plenty of ability. It was laughable in the season finale when the Bills ownership apparently dictated a switch to EJ Manuel, who has no chance.

It's not the worst situation for Dorsey, with McCoy and that running game, plus Sammy Watkins and a competent tight end in Charles Clay.

The defense was a disaster under Rex Ryan. They allowed 7.5 YPA this season, compared to 6.4 in Marrone's final season, plus obviously the run defense also collapsed this season. It made sense to hire a defensive head coach. But that type is bigtime hit and miss.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back