Dorsett's 40 time

FYI ...

Always add .2 - .25 to any "hand-timed" 40. Hand times are what our guys, as well as, other teams are really doing when they time kids.

Dorsett was a 4.1 40-guy at Miami. The 4.33 "fully automated time" (FAT) is consistent with the conversion.

Duke was a 4.3 or 4.4 guy with Swasey ... So, him running a 4.55 or 4.6 FAT is reasonable, and expected.

That 4.24 Chris Johnson ran at that Combine really means he could have been an elite sprinter in track, but he clearly chose to never pursue it.

Advertisement
Anyone that tries to say Duke running a 4.55 isn't dissapointing is lying to themselves.

I was expecting Dorsett to run a 4.28, and Duke to run a 4.48.

Anyone that tries to say Duke running a 4.55 isn't dissapointing is lying to themselves.

Respectfully, you were expecting too much ...

Dorsett running that fast would have been the best case scenario for him ... That would have been about a 4.08, hand-time. Possible for him, but not probable, IMO.

But I have no clue why you thought Duke would run that fast. He's always been a mid 4,3 hand time, so it was never likely that he was going to break 4.5 ...

Dorsett running that fast would have been the best case scenario for him ... That would have been about a 4.08, hand-time. Possible for him, but not probable, IMO.

But I have no clue why you thought Duke would run that fast. He's always been a mid 4,3 hand time, so it was never likely that he was going to break 4.5 ...

Those were my expectations for a good run. I thought no matter what though, Duke would run between 4.47 and 4.55, so for me, the 4.55 was dissapointing, and the 4.6 was very dissapointing.

Advertisement
with career stats of 121 catches 2100 yds and 17 td's i think dorsett just put himself in the first round with his 40 time

with career stats of 121 catches 2100 yds and 17 td's i think dorsett just put himself in the first round with his 40 time

He won't be a 1st rounder... There were a number of guys who were more productive with more size, and more refine skills that ran fast as well... A lot of those guys ran 4.4... He'll be be selected within the 2nd or 3rd round.

Dorsett is the same guy who people claimed wasn't any better than Stacy Coley, Herb Waters, or Malcolm Lewis. So it's no surprise that people on this board would be "disappointed" with him putting up one of the fastest times at the combine.

Advertisement
Dorsett is the same guy who people claimed wasn't any better than Stacy Coley, Herb Waters, or Malcolm Lewis. So it's no surprise that people on this board would be "disappointed" with him putting up one of the fastest times at the combine.

I never understood this... He was always our best wideout that consistently got separation... We're going to miss him and Duke as well as Walford...

Is anyone surprised at Duke ' s 40? I saw him get run down from behind on long runs on a few occasions throughout his career. When the FAU kid ran him down I never looked at him the same. I love Duke but he ran a 40 time commensurate to his game speed.

Are people really complaining he ran a 4.3? lol

weird but it has gotten to that point. People were legit expecting 4.2? from him tho... Wonder if the prehype will hurt him.

people dont even blink at 4.4 now. crazy

Saying you're dissapointed with a 40 doesn't in any way mean we think he's slow. It means we thought he was going to run better than he did. He set a goal of running s sub 4.3. So unless the official time changes for him, he did not reach his own goal. It isn't saying he's not fast, or that his time wasn't good. It's just saying we thought it would be better.

Advertisement
Is anyone surprised at Duke ' s 40? I saw him get run down from behind on long runs on a few occasions throughout his career. When the FAU kid ran him down I never looked at him the same. I love Duke but he ran a 40 time commensurate to his game speed.

I agree with you 100%. And when he was caught against VT on the KO a couple years ago. But I did think he'd mustur up a 4.48.

Not that there's anything to be disappointed with in his effort, but I knew he wouldn't be anywhere near the mockery that is posted on our records board. Fast guy, but we've had faster and it's a **** shame that number will never be touched. Not mad at PD at all, just in case someone thinks I am.

yea his 40 time got me thinkin duke bulked up a lil too much

Advertisement
It's only disappointing because y'all fell for the 4.2 offseason 40 time. Programs always juice their guys' times in offseason workouts.

Or they run it in the mountains, like Va Tech, where the high altitude and thinner air mean faster times. So, it is conceivable PD would have run a 3.9 or so if he ran in Blacksburg...and Flowers would have put up 50 or 60 reps..

or I could keep going all night even at my advanced age.

:durantunimpressed:

EA SPORTS Madden NFL ‏@EAMaddenNFL 4h4 hours ago
WR Phillip Dorsett showed off yesterday with a 4.33 40 yd & 1.54 10 yd. Early #Madden16 Ratings Projections = 95 SPD & 92 ACC.

#NFLCombine
0 replies 42 retweets 72 favorites
Reply Retweet42 Favorite72
More

Advertisement
Back